Importing SQL script to the server database using SQL Management Studio

How do i import an sql script to the server using sql management studio?

Can someone advise?

0
Cassy01

 I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to create a stored procedure?

Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"

I'm better at brewing beer than crafting code but I have to do the latter to do the former. Will code for malt.
0
newsomer

Do you want to open and execute the “.sql” file in SQL Server Management Studio?
If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

In the SQL Server Management Studio, click File -> Open -> File…, choose the “.sql” file and click Open, select the destination database in dropdownlist “Available Databases” and click Execute to run it.

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Managing SQL Express Databases with standard version of SQL Server Management Studio
I have a windows 2003 server which has SQL 2005 Express with advanced services installed on it. Then a few weeks back the company purchased SQL server Standard Edition which comes with SQL Server Management Studio (which has more features than SQL Server Management Studio Express currently installed on the server where sql express is running)I have been trying to schedule a maintanance plan on the SQLExpress Instance database from the SQL Server Management Studio that came with the standard version of sql but i have not been able to have all SQL Server Management Studio functionality availab...

Creating a database in SQL Server using an SQL Script
Hi, I am trying to create the "Personal" database in my SQL server using the SQL script (Personal.sql) that is provided with the starter kit.  Does anyone know how I can run this script to create the database? Do I do it from the command line? If so how do I do this and can I use windows authentication to connect to the server? Many thanks in advance, Trevor Keast Hi,      We can run the scripts in two ways. 1. Open your Sql client , if it is sql server 2005 then sql management studio Run-->sqlwb,Sql server 2000 then isqlw. Login to your data...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

how to write database scripts using sql server managment studio
Hello All, My boss told me that we can write migration scripts to database using Sql server management studio. can someone guide me or point to a website which explains in detail how to do this please. i want to learn this. or even a tutorial also would be great. i am interested in writing or executing scripts by using sql server management studio( in sql server 2005). i think its called sql enterprise manager in sql server 2000. Thanks a lot.  take a look at thisMohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you !  H...

SQL server management studio for SQL server 7 ??
 Hi, I have a Client using SQL server 7 and we want to access this database.However Server Management studio(on 2005) does not like the Server 7. Have  you got any suggestion to me? Best Regard You can go to Start ==> Run ==> Type MMC In MMC Select File ==> Add Remove Snapin ==> Add 'Select SQL Server' I hope this may work.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youBest RegardsBrij Mohanhttp://www.dotnetglobe.com That doesnt work. The database is hosted in a remote location.And I need a database client tools for the...

Cannot Restore SQL 2000 database in SQL Server Management Studio (2008)
At work we are in the process of moving over from  SQL Server 2000 and ASP.NET 1.1 (vs2003) to SQL Server 2008 and ASP.NET 2.0 (vs2008) My co-worker can but I cannot restore the SQL Server from a backup of the Production server (.BAK) through SQL Server Management Studio. I get "Exclusive Access could not be obtained because the database is in use." error even if I change my login to default to the master database and I have no other service connected to the database. It is a development database so nobody else even has access to it. I am able to restore it by RDP into...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

importing an excel spreadsheet into a sql database using sql server 2005 express
hi, i have an excel spreadsheet with data that i want to place into a sql database.is there any easy way of doing this with sql server 2005 express?    Try this thread for many options.  Hope this helps. http://forums.asp.net/thread/1442470.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie thanks, downloaded SP1 and the toolkit and ran the DTSwizard and got it working. FrankBollard:thanks, downloaded SP1 and the toolkit and ran the DTSwizard and got it working. I am glad I could help.Kind regards,Gift Peddie...

How do i get the database that i am using in visual studio into my SQL server management studio?
How do i get the database that i am using in visual studio into my SQL server management studio? i need to create some scripts to create stored procedures on a live server. Take your .mdf file for the database that you are using in Visual Studio.NET and attach it to a database in MS SQL Server. Good luck.Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and...

GENERAL SQL SERVER: Question about the Script that setups the SQL Server Database.
This is the first time I have created a script for Sql Server 2000, and I have run into a few syntax ereas that I am not familar with. Bellow is a section of the script from the Portal server packages. At the end of the sample, is "ON [PRIMARY], Can anyone explain to me what this does and why the primary key isnt setup inside the code itself? I am basically trying to take parts of the script and incorrporate it into my own script and hate added syntax that I dont understand, makes debugging a real pain in the future. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Portal_Announcements] ( [ItemID] [in...

Web resources about - Importing SQL script to the server database using SQL Management Studio - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Smarkets: Online betting company with ‘self management’ structure
... the reality for the team at Smarkets , an online betting company based near London’s Silicon Roundabout. The business is run with a “self-management” ...

Agile Project Management in a Larger Organisation – Video of my talk
I was recently asked to do a short talk and Q&A for an agile project management meetup in London. You can see the full video here: https://s ...

Learn Six Sigma and Lean project management for $79
Knowing (and mastering) the Six Sigma and Lean methods is a must for anyone looking for a career in project management today. And this training ...

When Successful Brands Defy Brand Management
The rules for developing and managing brands are laid out in a range of principles and frameworks developed by extraordinary marketing minds. ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

10 Most Widely Used Content Management Systems Online
... software. The 21st century brought with itself a revolution in the field of website designing and development in the form of Content Management ...