If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?

Thanks!

0
asdpai

Hi asdpai,

I am not sure if I catch your meaning.
But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link:

Version and Edition Upgrades
How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005
Hello,If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.? Thanks,Jon  I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.  ThanksJPazgier...

SQL server express upgrade to SQL server 2005?
Hello, I am currently using SQL server express for my website.  The connection is fairly sluggish and it can take about 30 seconds to log in say.  My web host says this is because I am using SQL server express and they recommend upgrading to SQL server 2005.  Has anyone else had similar sluggish connection with SQL server express? Can I also ask the best way to upgrade an SQL server express database to SQL server 2005?  Thanks for any help   I dont know about the sluggishness but if you want to upgrade, you can just detach the DB, re-attach it to the 2005 ser...

Upgrading from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2005
 How difficult is it to upgrade from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2005? I'm afraid to use SQL Server Express because of the 4gb max capacity, but don't want to pony up for SQL Server 2005 just yet. Is it possible to start with SQL Server Express and easily upgrade if it becomes necessary? You will have no problem moving a database from sql express to the full version. You can make a backup and restore or you can dettach and attach or just make a create script and use a select into to move the data. Oh and you can run both on the same machine.  Hope it helpsReg...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

How to convert a SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server Express
Hi, I have a SQL Server 2005 Database that I would like to export to SQL Server Express. How do I go about this? I've tried backing it up, creating a new (blank) SQL Server Express Database and trying to restore it, but get the following message: TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'PRODSOL-LAPTOP1\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOp...

How do you transfer a database from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005?
Hello, On the web site for MS SQL Server 05 Express the description at the top of the page says, "Transfer any database created in SQL Express to other editions of SQL Server 2005." http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/powerful/ How do you transfer a database from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005? I am creating a data-driven web site using Visual Web Developer 05 Express, SQL Server 05 Express and MS SQL Server Management Studio Express. My host uses SQL Server 2005, ASP.net 2.0, and FrontPage extensions. Thanks for your help. You can just do a schema export and then [if you hav...

Web resources about - If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Instashare - Transfer files the easy way, AirDrop for iOS & OSX for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on the ...
Get Instashare - Transfer files the easy way, AirDrop for iOS & OSX on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Killzone (@killzone) on Twitter

VimpelCom Ltd. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Altimo (47.85%), Telenor Mobile Holding AS (42.95%), Russian OJSC VimpelCom was founded in 1992 in Moscow when VimpelCom's co-founders, Dr. Dmitry ...

Parts & Accessories Shopping Universal Whale Tail Truck Spoilers
TRUCK REAR SPOILERS Universal Whale Tail Truck Spoiler (W/O LIGHT) Price: $229.00 Give your truck the ultimate roadster look with a fiberglass ...

AVROLAND - Contact Us
Please indicated in your subject line the topic of your message, eg: link (dead or add new), father, aircraft, etc. Please note we have had ...

airborne-wind-turbine / schwebendes windrad
... / schwebendes Windrad www.airborne-wind-turbine.com Zuunserer deutschen Startseite toour english start page (if your browser don't go automaticly ...

Aftershokz Wraparound Sport Headphones with Bone Conduction Technology
The bone conduction headphones made by aftershokz have many applications where one must still have virtually unobstructed hearing: cyclists, ...

Price Drop: iVLC
... chose .this application will update and refresh itself with new patches***PREFERENCES*****Works at all platforms (MAC os, Linux,Windows)*Automaticly ...

Baku: New / Baku People Community
Интерсное на сайте http://www.Baku.Ru

"We Got Your Wiki Back" Project ~ The Bigger Picture
Hopefully by now everyone understands that Guerrilla Skepticism usually involves "tagging" paranormal Wikipedia pages inserting a bit of critical ...