How to Write Unicode strings to SQL Server?

I could not write Unicode strings into SQL Server 2000 databse, for example "ÁU", "Tu?n"...
by using oleDbAdapter with InserCommand.
Please give me an instruction.
Thanks so much!
TaiPH - VietNam
0
taiph

Your datatype needs to be a nvarchar, nchar, or ntext to hold UniCode characters.
"Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]
0
Fathead

viewing sql string passed into sql server
I have a stored proc that has several parameters. (using SQL server) i call this proc and add the parameters etc and execute it etc the problem is that how can i see the string that is being passed to the db? eg the calling command? cheers Use the SQL Profiler. You can set it to monitor, and set filters as to what gets monitored. You can save the output in a file or a database as well.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi douglas.reilly i did think of that, i was woundering if there a way of viewing it in the debug envir...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Connection string for default instance of SQL Server 2005, on a box also running a named instance of SQL Server 2000
The box I am trying to connect to is running two instances of SQL Server. There is a SQL Server 2005 instance which is the default. There is a SQL Server 2000 instance which is named 'SQLSERVER'.  I can connect to the SQL Server 2000 instance no problem:<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC\SQLSERVER;database=mydatabase;user id=****;password=****" /> However,  I am having trouble connecting to the Default SQL Server 2005 instance. I have tried: <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC;database=mydatabase;user i...

Compiled sql CommandText going from DataSource to sql server
HiI need to know what command text goes to sql server in a compiled (parameterless) formatEx :I have a sql query : "Select  * from table where name=@name"name parameter has value = "bill gates"When I read the e.command.commandtext value in sqldatasource.inserting event, it gives the original command (with parameter @name)In datasource.inserting event, how can I get the compiled version of the command  : "Select * from table where name='bill gates'"please help me Why do you need to get the value?  What do you plan to do with it?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

Web resources about - How to Write Unicode strings to SQL Server? - asp.net.sql-datasource

UnicodeNepali.com - Unicode Nepali Converter and Tools
Unicode Nepali Converter. Unicode Nepali typing with any standard keyboard. Simply type in Roman and it will convert into Unicode Nepali. Won't ...

Search form - searching for Unicode characters by name
For example, searching for ampersand finds U+0026 AMPERSAND as well as other ampersand characters.Searching for coptic finds letters with COPTIC ...

Unicode Consortium
Welcome! The enables people around the world to use computers in any language. Our freely-available specifications and data form the foundation ...

Mapping of Unicode characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
, or hexadecimal 110000 code points). As of Unicode 6.2, released in September 2012, 249,764 (22.4%) of these code points are assigned, including ...

Unicode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article contains special characters . Without proper rendering support , you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols . Unicode is ...

Symbol Keyboard - Unicode Icons Signs,Characters Symbols,Emoji Art for Texting on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Symbol Keyboard - Unicode Icons Signs,Characters Symbols,Emoji Art for Texting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Unicode Consortium approves 36 new emoji including selfie, bacon, face palm
... good news for those who have a face palm moment or need to express their love of bacon or selfies &#8212; new emoji are on their way. The Unicode ...

Unicode Consortium approves 36 new emoji including selfie, bacon, face palm
... good news for those who have a face palm moment or need to express their love of bacon or selfies &#8212; new emoji are on their way. The Unicode ...

Unicode Consortium
Your guide to the best in tech.

Black emoji may finally be on the way, Unicode report reveals
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...