how to transfer the data from table A to table B OR FROM EXCEL TO TABLE I NEED

Hi all,

I am trying to transfer the data in the excel file to the SQL 2005 database .

i am able to transfer the data into database, but into new table the table i need.

can anybody help to transfer the whole data from the excel to the table i need or from one table to another.

i would appreciate if anyone can help.

TABLE A -----> TABLE B

OR

EXCEL -----> TABLE I NEED

OR

EXCEL ---->TABLE A -----> TABLE B

Cheers

Divikiran

0
Divikiran

right click database, select tasks-> import/export data ( depends on your requirements)

select source and destination. (if from excel to database then source is excel and destination is database)

then select the tables you wants to transfer data and then press next.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.
0
ramireddyindia

Exporting data from Excel Tables to SQL Server Tables
Hi all,  I have a large Excel file with one large table which contains data, i've built a SQL Server DataBase and i want to fill it with the data from the excel file.   How can it be done?     Thanks, Michael.  If you are using SQL 2000 Standard or better, use DTS.If you are using SQL2005/8 Standard or better, use SSIS.If you are using SQL 2005/8 Express, get the Graphical User Interface for it and try that out.p.s. What version of SQL Server are using? Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

alter table of table A causes trigger on table B accesseng table A to fail
hi, i recently faced a strange problem, i have two tables, table A and table B table A has a update trigger which updates data in table B. i altered table B to add two more columns. after which when i updated table A(modifying 1 row), my tran log got full. there was a threshold proc which got fired but it did'nt help much. i though the tables had been corrupted. ran dbcc tablealloc on syslogs, table A, table B, no errors. Just to be sure I ran a dbcc checkdb, checkalloc and checkcatalog - no errors i recreated the trigger - no use. dropped the trigger. updated the table it ...

Need to add a row of data in table B for each person listed in table A
I need to figure out how to do a "mass" insert into a sql table.   From Table A, I have each users USERID,  I need to grab that UserID and use it to insert a row into Table B with the new row containing the USERID and a Desc.  Here's how my data looks to do the select.. but how do I write the Insert?  (Select USERID from TableA) 71233 (Insert into TableB, USERID and Desc) USERID      DESC7                XXX12       ...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

a little help with transfering table A in Database A into table B in database B
I can't seem to find a good tutorial in transfering data from one table in database a into a different table in database b. The catch is that the fields in the tables don't match exactly. How can I do this? Examples, tutorials, etc are greatly appreciated.Thanks!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com All you need is INSERT INTO with column list that will give you control of how you the the insert into the new database, the other option was to use DTS.  Try the link below for the INSERT INTO statement.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/def...

How to create Table A by inserting all data from Table B?
Hi, Anyone can help me? How to create Table A by inserting all the data from Table B? Cheers, Daniel. Create table A with same structure as table B. Then: insert into A select * from B or if msde soesn't like * then: insert into A select fiel1, field2,...,fieldN from BGunnar Peipman-- General Protection Fault-- Illegal Page Fault-- Not My Fault...

is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table
Ok I have a table that have general categories with just name and CatNo. Now what I want to know is when I create a client to move all the data in general categories to another table called categories that have the clientid to associate it with the client. I would appreciate for any help what is your question here??Shravan Addaypally MCP...

Filtering Data For A Table With Given Values (Not Table Values From a Referenced Table)
I need to filter the records displayed for a table with a value provided in a textbox.  I am using a Dynamic Data Entities Website with Visual Basic Programming. Does anyone have a simple example to follow? Thanks for any advice. The only thing I know of without using the 4.0 Preview stuff is Josh Heyes project on codeplex Dynamic Data Filtering you can have a look at my tutorial on how to use it (c# I'm sorry) Dynamic Data Filtering – InstallationSteve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits blogOh, and don't forget to mark as ans...

Need a SP to read Table A and update Table B
Hi I need a SP to read table A (1000 records) and updates Table B. I think I have to use Cursor, but I'm not very good at writing SP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.mike You need to help us a little bit. What, if any relationship exists between Table A and B? Is there a column in each that links one to the other?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog The two tables (A and B) are identical and both have a primary key. What I need to do is to update all rows in Table B with the new one from Table A. This is like a batch update from A to B.mi...

Appending SQL Server Table Data to DB400 Table
Can anyone assist me in figuring out how to take all the data from an SQL Server 2000 table, and append the rows to a DB400 table? I am at a loss here...Willhttp://www.strohlsitedesign.com/http://www.WillStrohl.com/...

Populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables
Since all the datatypes(timestamp,varchar greater then 255 char) with SQL Anywhere are not supported by ASE i have problems populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables. Both the databases have the same table structure. Could anyone suggest ways of populating ASE 11.9.2 database with data from SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? Thanks Riyaz. I've done this with PowerBuilder pipeline objects. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "development credit bank" <sunesara@usa.net> wrote in message news:r$kw7riGAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Since all the ...

How to creat table as excel table
I'm a cambodia student and now i'm stilling do a reserche and auto-study in c# langage. I have a question to all people interes in this forum, Bye ussing C# and asp.net application form how coud i creat a table as excel table, that alow to edit information in cells as we use excel. Thank form spheaStudent in cambodia   I suppose that the best way is to create xml file, but older Excel's versions doesn't support xml.http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2005/06/27/433152.aspx http://www.spreadsheetgear.com/support/samples/excel.aspx Regards,...

Web resources about - how to transfer the data from table A to table B OR FROM EXCEL TO TABLE I NEED - asp.net.sql-datasource

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

Football Papers :All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today
Football Papers :All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today 360Nobs.com Leicester City's Danny Simpson stunned onlookers by turning ...

Li-Fi wireless transfers are 100 times faster than Wi-Fi
Li-Fi, the technology which uses light instead of radio waves to transmit data has been tested outside the laboratory environment. The result? ...

Arsenal Transfer News: Ruben Neves Bid Readied, Latest Mauro Icardi Rumours
Bleacher Report Arsenal Transfer News: Ruben Neves Bid Readied, Latest Mauro Icardi Rumours Bleacher Report Arsenal reportedly see Porto's ...

Emails: Hillary Cheered Transfer Of Gitmo Detainee Who Killed American Soldier With Grenade
Emails: Hillary Cheered Transfer Of Gitmo Detainee Who Killed American Soldier With Grenade

U.S. Jurisdictions That Criminalize Fraudulent Transfers
Eighteen U.S. jurisdictions criminalize in some form or another a fraudulent transfer: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Kentucky, ...

SeatGeek launches a marketplace for ticket sales, mobile transfers, & more
... listing tickets on Facebook or Craigslist. It works like this: after fans purchase tickets through SeatGeek, they’ll have the option to transfer ...

WeShare Moves Toward File Transfer as a Microservice
... Prices continue to fall, in part because providers’ storage costs are still decreasing. More importantly, their cost to actually transfer a ...

Pulis confident Berahino can handle transfer speculation
Saido Berahino is more experienced to deal with the ongoing speculation surrounding his West Brom future, according to manager Tony Pulis

Germany's Papst Licensing Claims that Apple's iDevices infringe on their IP Relating to the Transfer ...
German based Papst Licensing GmbH & Co., KG has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Apple. The patent infringement lawsuit concerns 3 ...