How to transfer data from a database to another database.

Hi,

   I want to transfer some tables and their data from a database to another database so what is the best way of doing..

 In the source Database i right click on that table and then gave Script table and then selected Create To and then copied that create table query and pasted it in the destination table..

So is there is way i can get the rows from all of that table.. There are around... 1000 rows or something like that and that database consits of 5 - 6 tables.

any help will be appreciated..

Regards,

Karen

0
Karenros

Hi Karen,

If you right click on the database and go to tasks, you will see Import and Export data. This will start a wizard that will walk you through moving data using SSIS. That's one way to move database structure AND data.

Bruce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that helped solve your issue.
0
BHendry
5/2/2008 4:01:17 PM

Bruce,

Thanks that did it.. I didnt know i could transfer data.. like that..from different databases..

thanks again.

0
Karenros
5/2/2008 4:59:54 PM

No problem. Keep an eye out as I believe the import/export wizard will not transfer any primary keys, indexes or constraints on the tables. If you wish to preserve those items at the destination you can:

  1. Also generate a script for your keys/indexes/constraints and run it against the destination, too, or
  2. Create an SSIS package to do the job (SSIS allows for transferring your keys, etc.), or
  3. Do a backup of the source and do a 'force restore' at the destination, this of course completely replaces the destination with the source

hth!

Bruce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that helped solve your issue.
0
BHendry
5/2/2008 6:45:54 PM

Yeah.. i did find that out.. i know it wont transfer a int identity field..so since were Rownumber i just left it out from the query....

BHendry:

Do a backup of the source and do a 'force restore' at the destination, this of course completely replaces the destination with the source

There are other tables that are in the destination that i dont want to touch.. so i dont think the force restore is gonna work..

anyways i think so i got to work..

thanks

Karen

0
Karenros

How to transfer the table & its data from one database to another database
Hi I need to transfer the records & strcuture of the table from Database1 to Database2. It is like export/import functionality SQL server. Is there any way to do like this in ASA 8.0.2 B'cos most of the time i need to transfer some of the objects with data from one database to another. Please help me in this regard Thanks in advance Shankar Hi, I am doing this through a few ISQL statements e.g. (connected to db1) SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS; OUTPUT TO "c:\\tmp\\customers.txt" FORMAT ASCII DELIMITED BY '\x09'; SELECT * FROM SUPPLIERS; OUTPUT...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

Calling data from database and declaring variable to insert the data back into another table in database
Hello, I have called data from a database which is displayed on the screen (displays a particular item - then if the product is liked they click a buy button) then on the postback I declare the variables (as below) to be added back to a different table in my database, I have a problem in that it doesn't like the way I have declared the variable in bold (below is some of the code).  The variable is initially displayed from the database as decPrice and added to another table as decCartPrice on postback.  I get this error BC30469: Reference to a non-shared member requir...

Current database Insert data in another database
I have two databases on the same server, the first one contains the data needed to trigger the creation of a new record if the current hexadecimal record received by a contoler respect some condition. the seconde database will contains the converted data that will be create by a trigger of the first database. The problem is that I don't know how to insert data in a table of another database. 1- Is it possible ? 2- If so, How ? Here is samples using MSSQL Server 1- Insert into DBTerm.dbo.ABC values ('test',1,2) 2- use DBTerm Insert into ABC values('test...

How to transfer data from mobile database into workstation database?
How should I transfer data from mobile database into workstation database? My case is wanted transfer a batch of data that i scanned into workstation database. Any method to use? create xml file? or other? Any filter have to consider? Now my case is mobile application write a xml file and have to transfer the xml file to workstation pc through the activesync. What is the available location path can save? Don't forget that the xml file have to write into workstation database. Any sample code?  ...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

Transfer Data From One Database into a Different Database
Is it possible to retrieve Data from SQL Database #1 and insert it into SQL Database #2 using a Stored Procedure? Thanks. Yes it is possible You can use something like INSERT INTO Database-1.dbo.TableA SELECT country_name FROM Database-2.dbo.TableBOm Prakash ...

Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database
Hi All, can anyone please help me to transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database? I have access database file, can I also directly convert it into a sql database file? You can upsize your Access database to an SQL Server database (In Access, Tools>>Database Utilities>>Upsize Wizard.... follow the screen. Or you can use SQL Server's Import and Export wizard to import your access database to SQL Server.   You cannot convert your Access database file to SQL Server data file directly.Limno  Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/23...

Error when transferring data from local database to hosted database
Hi,   I tried to tranfers some database tables from my local SQL Server 2000 database to a hosted database (SQL Server 2005) MSSQL Management Studio 2005. I did the same job successfully before also from my local MSSQL2000 to another hosted MSSQL2005 database. However, this time I encounter the following problem (in red below).   I opened a ticket for support from my service provider but they seemed to have no idea. Therefore, I must seek for help on this forum. Could anyone please give me some advice? Thank you very much in advance.   Regards,Kenny   Messa...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

How to Import the data form One database to another database ?
Hi All i populate 2 datawindows in diffrent databases(one is pardox another is delphi database) we r going to merge the 2 database table fields which r equal at that time i need this database to be stored to Third database when button click i want to import the data in third database(any other like oracle or access sybase) ThanQ vasu Vasu; Yes, this is possible, but first - How are you populating the first 2 DW's? Also, Is their structure (columns) the same? What release of PB are you using? regards ... Chris "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com...

Backing up the sql database(*.bak) and restoring the Database in VB.net
Hi There, I want to know how to backup and restore database from VB.net. ie I am trying to put two buttons on my form, Backup and Restore. When I click on Backup a Backup of the SQL Database with extension of *.bak is created. Similarly when I click on restore and select a database with *.bak extension it should restore that database. I saw a software where it created a backup of Sql database with extension of .zip containing the bak file which is password protected. when u restore the database it automatically gets unzipped and the database is restored. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advan...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

Transfer data from webform to sql database
I need to write a simple user registration page that allows the user to enter their information into text fields. Once all the information is filled in the data needs to be tranferred to an sql database. The database is set up and ready to recieve the information. I'm sure that this topic has been broached in another thread but I wasn't able to find it. If someone could offer me a link or some personal advice that would help me  accomplish my goal I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks, Bill So, what problem are you having? You can show us some code and we can help you to solve...

Web resources about - How to transfer data from a database to another database. - asp.net.sql-datasource

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

Canberra Raiders recruitment boss wants transfer window to end 'meat market'
... Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland has backed calls for the NRL to address the player &quot;meat market&quot; by introducing a transfer ...

Future iPhones may contain Li-Fi, a technology with transfer speeds 100x faster than Wi-Fi
Recently discovered code in iOS suggests that Apple may be exploring the feasibility of incorporating Li-Fi functionality into future iPhone ...

Read The Leaked Transfer Agreement Between Manchester United And Monaco For Anthony Martial
Manchester United paid Monaco €50 million ($54.5 million) in September for teenage striking sensation Anthony Martial, a fee that will almost ...

Manchester United Transfer News: James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos Linked To Old Trafford, Real Madrid Still ...
... rumor mill from going into overdrive about potential purchases Manchester United might make in either the next few weeks just before the transfer ...

Obama orchestrated a massive transfer of wealth to the 1 percent
When people use the term Great Recession, they are playing into the charade laid out by Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department. The years ...

Premier League clubs face fallout from Real and Atlético Madrid transfer ban - Football - The Guardian ...
Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea may have to alter their transfer plans after Fifa banned Real Madrid and Atlético ...

EU privacy regulators to meet February 2 on EU-U.S. data transfers
By Julia Fioretti BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union privacy regulators aim to agree next month on whether and how data transfers to the United ...

Claims of Russian arms transfers to Hezbollah worry Israel
... entered the Syrian fray; analysts say, however, that Hezbollah is bogged down in Syria and it's unlikely that Russia would directly transfer ...