How to save XML document in to SQL Server database using C#.net and LinQ concepts

I have tried to save the XML document to SQL Server db using C#.net/ASP.Net and LinQ, it failed to do so. can some one help me in doing this....I have to save the document as such and will have to retrieve it using the same LINQ and C#.net/ASP.net, can you plz help me .....

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

0
krishnaramuu

 Hi,Ramakrishna

U can try This

http://dotnetslackers.com/articles/xml/Easy-XML-to-SQL-Using-Linq.aspx

RAGHAV

MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog

MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U.

"Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins

"Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous

0
raghav_khunger

creating ssis packagte for sql server to sql serer using C#.net
Hi friendsdoes any one has code or urls which can help me to create the ssis pacakage which will transfer data from sql server to sql server databaseswith some manipulationsthanks so much Lad LaxmikantPune You are probably in the wrong forum.  This forum is for questions relating to ASP.NET Dynamic Data. thanks,David...

Using Linq to SQL to insert into an SQL Server XML column
I'm getting an error on this line: ' auditData.PCAuditDataXML = Xdoc.Element("Model") 'Can anyone see where I'm going wrong here?    Private Sub insertDataIntoAuditDataTable(ByVal userName As String, ByVal computerName As String, ByVal Xdoc As XDocument)        Dim ADDC As AuditDataDataClassesDataContext = New AuditDataDataClassesDataContext        Try            Dim auditData As New AuditData_ad     ...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

Save a Images into SQL Server Using VB.Net
I am trying to create a website that people can upload an image and have it saved to a database.  Can someone point me in the right direction on this?  What properties need to be saved in the db and how? Maybe this can help you http://www.dotnetspider.com/Question117.aspx http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/aghiondea2/StoringImagesInVB11122005034248AM/StoringImagesInVB.aspx?ArticleID=7ed1fe42-0819-4912-88ae-bbc43829d8a6   hi, check this url, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/PicManager.aspx http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/aghiondea2/StoringImages...

Populate a DropDownList from a SQL Server Database in c#.net
i have this working in vb but i need it in c#...only because i have all the rest of the pages already in c#...otherwise id use vb heres a sample but i get an error  "C#" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> "server"> public void Page_Load(object Source, EventArgs E) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) { SQLConnection oConn; ...

How to Save a Praragrah in sql server using VB.net?
Dear all,I want to save a piece of data  - like two paragraphs with formatting using normal textbox control using vb.net.Currently I am able to save it but while retriving it shown as  single paragraph instead of two paragraphs.for ex.. Location 38°53 N, 77°02 W Largest city New York City Population 2008 estimate 303,598,000 Density 31/km² (144th) 80/sq mi Currency United States dollar ($) (USD "$") Time zone Winter (UTC-5 to -10) Summer (DST) (UTC-4 to -10) English is the official language of at least twenty-eight states—some sources give a higher figure, based o...

Date Times into MS-SQL server database using .Net
I keep getting errors when trying to input a date time string into an MS SQL Server database and i'm begining to loose patience with it. My field is set up as "datetime" field with a length of 8 (bits ?) My sql string to input into that database is tehn concatonated like so (using sql and vb.net).... mystring = "UPDATE tablename SET mydatefield='" & DateTime.Now & "' WHERE id=" & frmid I keep getting the following error.... The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statem...

saving .net DateTime to sql database using Stored Procedure...
Hello, I've read many posts on this, but not found any real answers. I have a web method that accepts a DateTime parameter, then writes this value back to a SQL database table.  Sql data type is "datetime" and the column accepts nulls. When the web service is called I get an error, "SqlTypeException: SqlDateTime overflow" or another error of similiar results.When I removed the database call and just write to a label or variable on the page, the web method works fine, but when it saves to the database, the error is thrown. Any ideas on how to handle...

Import .sql file content into oracle database using C#.NET
I have a .sql file that has insert statements in it. It can be imported into DB using sqlplus editor. The syntax is SQL> @sql file path. I want to import it through C#.NET into DB. Can anyone suggest some way? You can read whole file as string and try to execute with ExecuteNoneQuery of command object.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~Mahesh The file also contains statements to call a procedure to execute. Execute <Procedure_name(parameters);> When the file size is around  ~500 to ~800MB will it be advisible to go by ExecuteNonQuery.  Can you give ma an example?  Take a lookhttp://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/01/11/tip-trick-how-to-upload-a-sql-file-to-a-hoster-and-execute-it-to-deploy-a-sql-database.aspx http://www.mattberther.com/?p=619 http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/09/CustomDatabaseInstaller/default.aspx Hope this help!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~Mahesh...

How to save documents or files to sql server database using entity framework.
I'm just worried about this, how to save file/word document to SQL Server database using Entity Framework. I have done this in the standard format connecting to database using dataadapter and the way. I'm not sure how to do this using Entity Framework. How to save the file to a image/blob datatype. you can use System.Data.Linq.Binary for this.read the following :http://www.rocksthoughts.com/blog/archive/2008/01/27/uploading-an-image-using-linq-system.linq.data.binary.aspx http://www.Aneef.net...

Cannot connect to SQL Server database using ado.net after IP address has changed
Dear all, I wasn't able to connect to my SQL server 2000 database (which reside in the network in a windows 2003 server) after the IP address of the server has changed and the server is shut down, moved and re-started. I was able to connect to this server by using ADO using VB. I was able to register this server in my EM and was able to create ODBC connection. Just when using ADO.NET, I wasn't able to connect. Any ideas? Will there be any caching within ADO.NET still pointing to the old IP address? Thank you for all the help in advance. There are a lot of variable possibilites her...

uploading a image in to the sql server 2005 database using vb.net 3.5
i am currently developing a web project using asp.net.i need to upload a image file to the database using asp.net.i am using linq to interactwith the database. can some one help me in writing these codes. {i need to know how to get the image size and i need the image content type to upload image) please let me know what are the codes i should use to get the image size and content type. i have used the following code but no use                           &n...

All-- Here is a sample that is "off the beaten path", (at least for me). Is it possible, in an ASP.NET application, using the code-behind page building technique, to have both pages written in VB.NET and pages written C#.NET?At http://www.WebLogicArts.com/DemoList.aspx there is a sample that shows that, (contrary to popular belief), it IS possible to mix ASP.NET pages built with C#.NET with ASP.NET pages built with VB.NET in the same VS.NET 2003 project. Note that this is just a "fun" sample to see if it can be done and I do not recommend this practice as a "standard" way of developing. The trick is to use the "Src" attribute of the @Page directive. Check out the link if you are inclined. You are welcome to download the code if you are interested further, found at the same link. (Note that the reason that I looked for a way to do this is because I wanted to have the option to include some VB.NET-based demos at my site. Since my site is a C#.NET ASP.NET, I was told that there was no want to do this. Therefore, I looked for a workaround and just happened to find one.) Enjoy (and then get back to work!) http://www.NetBrainer.com you are right !!!mixing languages could cause unknow and uncontrolled problems !!! if a developer has to mix ....the practical way is to create a new project with different language and what will be absolutely fine !!!thanks mkamoski for raising this issue !!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchisi...

SQL Server instance Error
Hi Guys, I created a default website in VS2008 & dragged in a webpartmanager into the div section (i was going to have a play with creating web parts). I tried to preview the default page to seeif it runs but i get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite1' Application. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. SQLExpress database file auto-creation error: The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider attempted to automatically create the application services database because the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence of the application services database and automatically create the application services database: If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web server account must have read and write access to the applications...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly looked at SQL Express and decided to stick to MSDE since I could not see any benefit of using Express when MSDE is a cheap but far more powerful option than SQL Express. groggy froggy...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice
Dear all, We have recently integrated our internal timetracking (TT) system (Windows forms based )so that it can retrieve info from our (web based) bug tracking (BT) system. The BTS SQL Server is hosted in the USA on a shared server, the TT SQL server is stationed at our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. During development we tested the XML webservice that handles the actual datatransfer between the two systems and everything works fine. After deployment of the XML webservice to the live environment (hosted service in USA) problems showed up: DateTime values arrive malformed. Examples:...

Web resources about - How to save XML document in to SQL Server database using C#.net and LinQ concepts - asp.net.sql-datasource

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show
Correspondence between federal bureaucrats states that Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop &quot;complained&quot; about her treatment by security ...

National Disability Insurance Scheme: Treasury considered private investors to help fund project, documents ...
Treasury looked at offloading some financial responsibility for the $22 billion NDIS to the private sector, FOI documents show.

Four men—including a pair of pastors—sue Tacoma police over stingray documents
(credit: British Columbia Emergency Photos ) The American Civil Liberties Union of Washington state has sued the Tacoma Police Department (TPD) ...

Five tools for recovering corrupted Word documents
You’ve been working on it forever, and had almost finished, but… Disaster. That all-important Word document no longer opens. If you’re using ...

Nitin Desai: Budget choices - Business Standard Column New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine ...
The finance minister faces a difficult problem in choosing between two sets of advisers. Both factions accept that the Budget must aim at stimulating ...

This guy wants to set millions of CIA documents free
A huge cache of declassified CIA documents are technically open to the public, but too difficult for most to access. A Kickstarter campaign wants ...

New Documents Raise Questions, Answer Others, About Shaun King’s Past
Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King is at the center of a firestorm over an article he wrote last weekend about sexual harassment allegations ...

Lady Gaga Gets a David Bowie Tattoo, Documents Process on Snapchat
Lady Gaga Gets a David Bowie Tattoo, Documents Process on Snapchat

Ask The Estate Planners: What Documents Do I Need To Start An Estate Plan?
It's not only for the rich and famous. From living wills to a living trust, estate planners explain how to protect your assets.