How to run a .sql file in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

 Hi All,

I have a .sql file with all my queries written in it. Now I want to know, Is it possible to run this sql file in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition like we can do in Oracle? If it is possible then tell me how to do it?

Thanx in advance for any kind of help.

Regards,
Paramhans Dubey.

Regards,

Paramhans Dubey.
Software Developer.
0
dubeyparam

bullpit
8/9/2007 12:36:18 PM
If you've got SQL Server Management Studio (or the Express version which is a free download from Microsoft), then you can use the GUI to open the .sql script in a query window and execute the contents - its all point-and-click.
Articles & Training for SQL Server and ASP.Net 2.0

Check out our tutorials for going live on GoDaddy
0
SalmonTraining

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

Converting from SQL server 2005 back to sql server express edition?
Hi folks,I was working on MS sql server 2005 evalution where i have built a number of databases. However, i came to discove that the evalution version has expried before i finished my work. Now i have disinstalled the sql server 2005 and installed the Sql express edition.My concern here is how can i keep my databases so they can work with sql express edition?Thank you very much in advance. Since you dont have the option of backup and restore, what you can do is attach the databases. Find the .mdf files of your database in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data ( replace w...

Can Sql Server Express 2005 Run a Sql Server 2000 database?
Should be a quick question:I've got a client with a Sql Server 2000 database.  He wants to hook it up to a server that is only running Sql Server Express 2005.  Can this work? Thanks!-Craig U-Sports.net - Taking Fantasy Football to School Tell him to Backup the database and send you the .bak you can restore it as 2005 database.  I have posted a FAQ about moving SQL Server databases and there is a free chapter about Backup and Restore in the link below.  Hope this helps.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks!  I will rec...

Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!!
Hi, Can anyone update me whether the 'timestamp' datatype has been changed in the recent release of sql server 2005 or sql server express?? In previous versions it is generating a unique number or row version...it was told that they will be updating 'timestamp' variable to contain the value of current datetime as the word 'timestamp' actually means. Please let me know.. Thanks.. ...

Visual Studio 2005 Standard with SQL Express and SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi folks,I had visual studio 2005 Standard edition (with SQL Express) running. Then I install SQL Server 2005 Developer edition.It generally worked however some part of SQL Server Developer did not work properly (namely diagrams). I browsed the internet and found something that said I should install the .NET Framework Service Pack 1. I did so. It fixed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition however it seems to have broken portions of Visual Studio. Specifically, typed dataset. I could add a dataset however I could no longer configure or add a table adapter. Telling me the "data provider may ...

Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!! #2
Hi, Can anyone update me whether the 'timestamp' datatype has been changed in the recent release of sql server 2005 or sql server express?? In previous versions it is generating a unique number or row version...it was told that they will be updating 'timestamp' variable to contain the value of current datetime as the word 'timestamp' actually means. Please let me know.. Thanks.. ...

SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2005
can any one tell me what the main differences are in the two editions? also can you use and express 2005 edition database on sql 2005? if not how would you do that? Tuppers Look here for a detailed comparison between the two.Yes, you can use Express databases on SQL Server 2005. Just attach it to an instance of SQL Server 2005.Is this enough information?DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! cheers i was told by my host t...

Web resources about - How to run a .sql file in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

American Express cuts back on perk for Small Business Saturday
Over the past five years, American Express has dangled a carrot to encourage cardholders to patronize independent stores on Small Business Saturday ...

All You Have To Do To Fly Free Forever Is Put A $170M Purchase On Your American Express Card
... who won a rare painting at auction for $170 million will never have to pay for a flight again when the sale goes through on the American Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

How Drug Manager Express Scripts Is Trying To Evade Martin Shkreli's 5,000% Price Hike
Express Scripts, the largest manager of prescription drug benefit plans in the United States, has come up with its own challenge to Turing Pharmaceuticals, ...

Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug
Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug