How to Retrive the store procedure return value in Ado.Net by using Dot Net?

Hi i am thiru. i try to create the small search engine. so that i have wrote the store procedure for it. thats given below.

Create procedure FindtestThree

@Name varchar(25),

@Location varchar(25),

@EmpId varchar(25)

as

select * from TbInfo where Name like + '%' + @Name + '%'

select * from TbInfo where Location like + '%' + @Location + '%'

select * from hi where ComName like + '%' + @EmpId + '%'

Exec FindtestThree 'aa','a','d'

The above procedure return the three table value. here i can retrive the single table value but i could not retrive the remaining two table values. by usubg the sqlcommand object i am retriveing the values in Ado.Net. The Code is Given Below..

Protected Sub BtnClick_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BtnClick.Click

Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("Exec FindtestThree '" & TextBox1.Text & "','" & TextBox2.Text & "','" & TextBox3.Text & "'", Con)

Dim Ada As New SqlDataAdapter(cmd)

Ada.Fill(Ds.TbInfo)

Dim Red As SqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader

'While (Red.Read)

MsgBox(Red.Item("RegId"))

End While

Red.Close()

End Sub

here i need to retrive the all tables return value to create the search engine. Is it possible? how can i achieve this goal? anyone suggest me the solution.

Thiru

Hope this help someone in the future
0
pathey77

To get to the second and third resultsets, you need to use the SqlDataReader's NextResult method: http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorials/AdoDotNet/Lesson07.aspx

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

ADO.NET Entity Framework: How to handle both a return value AND entities from a stored procedure
Hi, I'm switching from LINQ 2 SQL to Entity Framework and I've encountered the following scenario.  I have a stored procedure that returns a return value (integer) and a recordset.  In LINQ2SQL I was able to access both the recordset and the result item.  However using EF i'm not able to see a clear way to do this. I get back an ObjectResult<T> which clearly containts the records... but where can I access the return value? Any pointers to a posting or sample would be appreciated! Brian...

Passing boolean values to oracle function / procedure from C#.Net
Hi,  I dont know how to pass boolean values to oracle function / procedure arguments, could you please help me to know ?  Thank you, Sreedhar After spending lot of time on google, I understand C#.Net doest support PL/SQL boolean values. Thanks Sreedhar...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

How to transfer a GUID created using vb.net into a SQL database using a stored procedure
I am able to create a guid using: Public Function GetGUID() As String ' Returns a new GUID Return System.Guid.NewGuid.ToString End Function however when I try to add this to a parameter using the following: Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = GetGUID() I get an error, I have also tried this: Dim uidQuoteDetail As String = GetGUID() Dim myuid = New System.Guid(uidQuoteDetail) Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = myuid but get the error "Object must implement IConvertible" A...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

help with stored procedure returning a value (and then retrieving it in .NET)
Hi guys,  The methods for connecting to the db, various functions that use (executescalar() etc), were not written by me.  This will be my first time dabbling with these functions... So I am in the process of writing a stored procedure.  All it does is scan tbl_inv_finalized to see if a user has finalized (there could be multiple records, i.e. employeeX | 7/8/2008 10:12:47 AM | 2009 (school year) | 330 (building number) employeeX | 5/30/2008 10:00:00 AM | 2008 | 330 The goal here is that... there is another table that will define the 'finalize periods' throughout t...

Web resources about - How to Retrive the store procedure return value in Ado.Net by using Dot Net? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'
Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'

Robust Growth In Procedures, Beneficial Product Mix Drive Intuitive Surgical's Strong Q3 Performance
The company’s non-GAAP gross margin improved by over 2 percentage points year-on-year due to higher average selling prices, cost savings, and ...

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...