How To Import Records From One SQL Tbl To Another SQL Tbl In Same DB

Hello All,

I need to import records from one SQL table to another SQL table. Both tables are in the same database. Does anyone know how?
Thank you,
Tina
0
tinafmills

Well, you could use DTS, or you could use an INSERT query
INSERT INTO newTable (column1, column2, column3...) SELECT column1, column2, column3... FROM oldTable

Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
11/19/2003 5:29:30 AM
tmorton,

I tried using DTS and got confused. I got the query to work.
Thank You!
Tina
0
tinafmills

Transfering tables and data from one MS SQL DB to another MS SQL DB
I need to transfer tables and data from one SQL DB to another SQL DB. I know it can be done with Server Management Studio and I have searched Studio and Help but can't find any info on the database migration wizard. Hi,jayd  Follow This Link U can Get Help From This For Ur Case    http://forums.asp.net/t/1352620.aspx   PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who w...

How can i import records from a sql server table in project1 to another sql server table in project2
Hi, i have a table with all employee bio-data in a completed project. Iam now working on another project with a table that needs the same data and here iam talking about 300 records that rarely change. Instead of re-entering this data in this new table, i want to import the data from the completed project into a table in this new project. Does any one have any idea how to achieve that or is there a better option to do the same. One more thing iam realising here is that iam going to use this same data in very many applications and some one from one department is going to ...

Import/Export of SQL Db from one server to another
I've a question regarding the usage of Import/Export wizard of a database located on one remote server (Say A) to another (Say B). It works fine but the problem is that Stored Procedures are not transferred between server A and B. Is there any solution for this problem?Anand NarayanaswamyMicrosoft MVPAuthor: Community Server QuicklyBuy directly from Packt PublishingBuy from Amazon.comBuy from Amazon.co.uk Check this post : http://forums.asp.net/1037418/ShowPost.aspx Hey, Are you selecting them when you do the transfer, and they are just not moving?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do ...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

how to move sql diagram from one sql server 2005 to another
how to move sql diagram from one sql server 2005 to another?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct The diagram is stored in a table called 'sysdiagrams' within your database file.  Assuming you already have a diagram created, you can choose to export your database, selecting ONLY the 'sysdiagrams' table.  Please keep in mind the binary data stored inside this table is proprietary and depends heavily on any constraints, primary keys, foreign keys, etc that you may have already created.  Therefore, it's not as...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

how can I copy the entire database from one sql server to another sql server?
How can I copy the entire database (all the objects from one database to another database)? thanks in advance. Use DTS (right click on a database in Enterprise Manager, select All Tasks, and then Import or Export, as appropriate). You can also back up the database and then restore on the other server.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi Douglas, Thanks for your post. I was looking at the Database Copy Wizard. But it says my local system does not have the permission to copy files over the network. I looked over some tuturials and changed ...

How to Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database to Another system sqldatabase
hi friend i m new in programmin so. how to  Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database  to Another system sqldatabase .   regards bharat bharat_asp83:how to  Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database  to Another system sqldatabase . Are you trying for something like Linked Server ? Thanks,Dhimant Trivedi"When the going gets tough, tough gets going.""Mark as Answer" the post(s) which helped you solve the problem...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?
Anyone, I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop. I dont feel like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI proplems with this approach as well. Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world. If this is even possible. The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhe...

SQL > My SQL
I have a problem, my asp.net page wants to connect to the sql server, but it has to be the mysql. How can I solve this problem? This is my code: <%@ page explicit="true" language="VB" debug="true" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <html> <script runat="server"> sub page_load(sender as object, e as eventargs) If Not IsPostBack Then dim connect as sqlconnectio...

BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?
Anyone, I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop. I dont feel like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI proplems with this approach as well. Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world. If this is even possible. The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhe...

Web resources about - How To Import Records From One SQL Tbl To Another SQL Tbl In Same DB - asp.net.sql-datasource

Récord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Record
Great new podcast co-hosted by Chris Parrish and Brent Simmons: The Record brings you the stories you should know about the Mac and Cocoa development ...

Lompoc Record - Lompoc, California News
The first time Jerry Brown was governor of California, he earned the nickname “Gov. Moonbeam.” It was, after all, the tail-end of the Hippie ...

Vidyo app allows you to record your iOS device’s screen without jailbreaking
It may not be available for long, but a new screen recording utility has appeared on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. The app, called Vidyo, ...

WhiteWave Names Fallon Agency of Record on Brands Including Silk and Horizon Organic
WhiteWave Foods Co. selected Fallon is its new agency on its Silk, International Delight and Horizon Organic brands. The appointment comes as ...

Apple announces record-breaking $1.1 billion holiday season App Store sales
Apple has confirmed that the 2015 Christmas season was the App Store’s “biggest ever,” and saw iOS app sales of a record-breaking $1 billion ...

Apple announces record App Store revenue will that be enough to boost its falling share price?
... making things worse. So, unsurprisingly, Apple is looking to reassure investors that it's in good financial health, revealing today a "record-breaking ...

Powerball jackpot reaches near-record $450 million
That would be among the largest payouts in the game’s history

Oliba, the Toy Tracker That Reads and Records Stories and Lullabies
... with an app so you always know where that beloved toy is. Oliba can read stories or play lullabies selected from the app or ones you have recorded ...

'Star Wars' film breaks box office record
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has become the highest grossing film of all time in the United States and Canada, Walt Disney said.