How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database

Hello:

I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000,

now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams.

Please advise on how to make it work....

Thank you

0
smeagull

Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
1/9/2008 8:56:37 PM

Thank you for replying :)

 but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server 2000.

0
smeagull

Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects. Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatical...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

Problem with showing diagrams when attaching a Sql Server 2000 database in Sql Server 2005
I have a database created in MS SQL Server 2000 with some tables and diagrams.I have attached that database in SQL Server 2005 but when i want to access and showthe diagrams i face the following error message :Database diagram support object can not be installed because this database does not havevalid owner,to continue first use the files page of database dialog box or alter the authorizationstatement to set the database owner to valid login then add the database diagram support object.I have created a role with required permissions but i still have the problem(I still can't show the di...

Creating a SQL Server 2000 compatible .BAK file from SQL Server Management Studio Express
Hi,My webhost (1and1) is running SQL Server 2000 and their web tool supports the import of .bak files. However, when I try to import my .bak files created in SQL Server Management Studio Express I get the following error:"The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database. RESTORE FILELIST is terminating abnormally."I have  Googled this error and learnt that 2005 .bak files are not compatible with 2000 .bak files. I'm just wondering if there are any work arounds to this or alternative tool...

Restoring a SQL Server 2005 database into SQL Server 2000
Hey guys  We currenlty have SQL Server 2000 installed inhouse for testing.  A client has given us a backup of their 2005 database and i'm wondering if the restore will work into 2000, or any issues i should be aware of. Should i just install msde locally on my machine and restore the database?  thanks Hi,Ask your client to backup database as 2000 format. There is an option for this in Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. Then download MSSMSE and install for yourself and try to restore database from it.If database doesn't use any 2005 features (rowcount for exampl...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

Web resources about - How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Coke Shuffles Management in Wake of Wendy Clark Exit
Coca-Cola is making significant changes to its North American leadership team in the wake of the departure of Wendy Clark, a highly respected ...

Major Takata investor dumps stock due to management concerns
... Earnings/Financials , Safety , Japan One of Takata's largest investors sold off its shares after losing confidence in the company's management ...

What's the most popular IT asset management software?
IT asset management (ITAM) software manages the lifecycle of hardware and software. It can help influence decisions about which assets need to ...

Master Six Sigma Lean project management for $49
The Six Sigma Lean management philosophy has been gaining popularity among IT professionals, and for good reason—it helps teams improve internal ...

Lotus Entertainment Launching Management Division
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel’s Lotus Entertainment is launching a management division with former Anonymous Content exec Lenny Beckerman ...