How to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 in one computer????

Hi All!!!

In my Computer has MS SQL Server 2000(with default Instance) and now I Install MS SQL server 2005(with Instance name: SQL2005 ). Now I want to write Web Application to connect to the both databases (SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2005), How to Add connection string in my web.config to do it.

Help me ???

Thanks & Regards,

0
duynnh

You can put the two connection strings in the web.config file and use either in your code..

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
12/8/2007 6:08:23 PM

Hi !!!

Thanks for your support !!! Please give me the connection string to connect to SQL Server 2000 & SQL Server 2005.

duynnh
12/9/2007 4:25:21 AM

check out www.connectionstrings.com

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Cannot restore database in the computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005
Hi All I have Computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005 when I restore SQL Server 2005 it's OK but when it's not OK when I restore in SQL Server 2000. The Error as follows: Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks   check this url, http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=169145&SiteID=1 http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=60&threadid=42121&enterthread=y...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

SQL Express

check sql server 2000 or sql server 2005
Hi.. I have a web application(ASP.NET 2.0 + C#). I have sql server 2000 as well as sql server 2005. Several queries in my application work well with the sql server 2005, and the same query fails in the sql server 2000. How to check if the database is connected to sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 and then call the queries accordingly through the c# code? Thanks That may be happening if you are using built-in stored procedures or the INFORMATION_SCHEMA from 2005.  There's stuff in 2005 that doesn't exist in 2000.  You are the one establishing the connection, right...

SQL Server 2000
Hi We have SQL Server 2000 installed on Windows Server 2003. Now wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Have tried simply inserting SQL Server 2005 dvd and installing on Windows Server 2003. Installation was not successful.  Let me know standard methodology to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to 2005 . Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Friend, this tutorial may help you http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1188595,00.html http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1194265,00.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

Web resources about - How to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 in one computer???? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Computer Show

Queensland police officer suspended for computer hack
Officer allegedly accessed confidential information on police computers.

Remember that $9 computer? For one day only, it’ll be $8, plus shipping
... recalls an older circuit board design. (credit: Cyrus Farivar) OAKLAND, Calif.—Earlier this year, Next Thing Co. announced a $9 Linux computer. ...

The $5 computer that can change the world
The world collectively dropped its jaw when the Raspberry Pi was first unveiled. A $35 computer that could be used to power just about anything? ...

Raspberry Pi has launched an insanely small and cheap new computer
Budget computer company Raspberry Pi has launched a crazily cheap and small new computer. Pictured above, it's called the Raspberry Pi Zero, ...

Raspberry Pi's latest computer costs just $5
The British company is making learning to code as affordable as a skinny latte.

Raspberry Pi Zero: The $5 computer has arrived
... and educational computing, founder Eben Upton says it can go no further: at just $5 its latest creation is as cheap is it can make a computer ...

Step aside Gershwin: Computer-generated musical to premiere in London
Computers might be ideal productivity companions, but sometimes they need to express their creative side too. They produce music, design knitwear, ...