how to apply a sql script file on Sql server 2000 without OSql.exe

Hi guys

I need to apply a sql script file on Sql server 2000 by .net 2.0 program. but on the current running machine, there is not Osql.exe file. Do you guys know how to execute the sql file without the command? Is there any way provided in .net library ?

Thanks for you response!

What a piece of work is MAN....
0
Liu_andi

Ken
3/6/2007 2:20:19 AM

Hi Ken

thanks for your response.

if my script file is long with comments,translation. if I combine all text lines in the file into one string to execute on sql, an error will be thrown out. how do you think that situation?

What a piece of work is MAN....
0
Liu_andi
3/6/2007 3:21:57 AM

Hi andi,

When you have installed a SQL Server instance, the osql.exe tool will always be installed. If you don't have SQL Server instance, the scripts cannot be applied to any SQL Server instance.

Sincerely,
Kevin Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Mark as Not Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Kevin

Sql Server Script File(.sql) Execution by Vb.net Code
I have a problem. I m working on "light weight sql server"  project.   and i want to execute .sql file through vb.net code with the help of sqldmo library and sqlns namespace. but i donot know any method to directly execute the .sql file. i am successfully making the full script of select database of sql server.   please help me.... thanks.... Hi, You can use SQL-DMO object in your .net projects by referencing Sqldmo.dll  file which is in  C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn  folder is default installation parameters are used. I...

Host without SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005?
I have been trying to figure out why this club starter site won't work on my web site all day long.  I think I may have figured it out, but I need confirmation.  Hostmysite.com is where I signed up with and the plan I have has mysql 4.1.  The error I get mentiones SQL Server 2005.  Does this club starter site need SQL Server 2005?  If it does, is there an easy way to switch it over to work with mysql 4.1 or Access? KoreyAccess programmer trying to utilize VWD Express to integrate database functionallity to Intranet. Jerome, You have probably guessed it my now...

classifieds sql script from sql server 2000
would someone be willing to script out the classifieds database in sql 2000 and email it to me? I'm sure if you did a google search you could find a program to do it. Other than that, I dought you'll find anyone willing to do your easy work for you.  Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. i don't think you understood what i am asking..... i'm not asking anyone to do my easy work for me. i don't have sql server 2000 so i can't set up the classifieds...

Is is possible to run a .SQL file on SQL Server without converting file contents to a string?
Is it possible to run a .SQL file without converting the contents of the file to a string and then executing the string? Is it possible to run or execute the file? Thanks You can use the .sql file as an input file to ISQL using the -i switch "Kevin Wiebe" <kevin.wiebe@riseinc.com> wrote in message news:BjSh5G7GCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to run a .SQL file without converting the contents of the > file to a string and then executing the string? Is it possible to run or > execute the file? > Thanks > > ...

SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard
I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...? Thank you for any help,Thank youJackxxx Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up. I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard. TerriT...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

SQL Server Express file to Sql Server
I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take?   Thanks for any helpTinyPond TinyPond:I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take? If you have Express Management Studio, you back backup your database, and them import it to SQL Server (or attach and reattach).Justs open SQL Server Express Management Studio, connect to your Express instanc...

Web resources about - how to apply a sql script file on Sql server 2000 without OSql.exe - asp.net.sql-datasource

David Bowie: Where Are We Now?
The first thing I did this morning when I read that David Bowie had died of cancer at age 69 was send a condolence text – not to his widow Iman ...

IOS 9.3 will let you dim display's blue light to help your brain shift towards sleep
Apple today unveiled a teaser of what's in store in the latest iOS release, 9.3 . Among the “numerous innovations” promised: a blue light dimmer ...

President Obama Reframes the Gun Debate - The New Yorker
His executive actions, though modest, are an antidote to weary capitulation to the gun lobby.

New Jersey Dad Charged With Murder in 3-Year-Old Boy's Death
Father of 3-year-old boy found dead in New Jersey park last year is charged with his murder

Big News From Ford: Mystery Car To Be Unveiled At Detroit NAIAS, New FordPass
Ford saved some big news for the Detroit NAIAS: continuous 24/7 FordPass customer engagement platform and Big News From Ford: Mystery Car To ...

Powerball prize invites myths, misconceptions about lottery
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — With up to $1.4 billion at stake in Wednesday's Powerball, questions about the drawing seem to be as abundant as the ...

#WheresRey? The ‘Star Wars’ Heroine Is Featured In Fewer Toys Than All The New Dudes
The most-recent “Star Wars” Monopoly set did what the villain of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” couldn’t, sidelining Rey, the film’s female protagonist. ...

The internet is ruling Bernie Sanders' campaign, and it's making him a lot of money
Bernie Sanders doesn't need a financial fundraising team. The Daily Beast reports that the Vermont senator’s presidential campaign brought in ...

Supreme Court Appears Poised To Hand Major Defeat To Public Employee Unions
The Supreme Court heard oral argument today in a case that has the potential to severely restrict the power of public employee unions to collect ...

Aid Convoys Reach 3 Syria Communities Besieged for Months
NDTV Aid Convoys Reach 3 Syria Communities Besieged for Months New York Times DAMASCUS, Syria — Aid convoys delivered long-awaited food, medicine ...