How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express

I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do.

Is any one can help me ?

Kevin_Lin168

You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to
your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work
seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.

Adam Machanic
SQL Server MVP
0
AdamMachanic

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

migration from sql server express 2005 to sql server 2000 enterprise
hi, i need some help here,i made a simple data driven website in my development PC, at first, i used MS Access for my data base then i migrate it to sql server express 2005, and it works fine when i try to run it in my development PC with my IIS. but of course i will be deploying it to a real server, in our office were i will deploy my data driven site, we have a PC server Win Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (im not pretty sure by the name but i know its not a free version, its something like a 2000 sql version with a word enterprise at the end).so my question is, i am developing...

Can Sql Server Express 2005 Run a Sql Server 2000 database?
Should be a quick question:I've got a client with a Sql Server 2000 database.  He wants to hook it up to a server that is only running Sql Server Express 2005.  Can this work? Thanks!-Craig U-Sports.net - Taking Fantasy Football to School Tell him to Backup the database and send you the .bak you can restore it as 2005 database.  I have posted a FAQ about moving SQL Server databases and there is a free chapter about Backup and Restore in the link below.  Hope this helps.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks!  I will rec...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

Migrating Dev/SQL Express 2005 website to IIS server/SQL server 2000
    I have VS.net 2005 and SQL Sever Express 2005 on my Dev workstation, created a new web site based on the Personal site starter kit. I have a Windows 2003 Server running IIS and SQL Server 2000 which I want to move the app to. So the first thing I did was to create a new database on SQL Server 2000, ran the Personal-add.sql Script, and forgot what I had to do to get the ASPNETDB database in place, copied the data, and updated the web.config file's connection string to connect to the SQL Server 2000.  So the web site on the dev PC can connect to the SQL Server 2000 data...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

Migrating from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2005
 I'm building a website in Visual Studio 2005 with sql server express holding my database. Now I'm going to deploy this site on a server and I'm going to install SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition due to the limitations of sql express edition. Does anyone know any good links or have any info on how I can sucessfully move my database to SQL 2005 from express? And also enable the website to connect to this new database location..is it as easy as just changing the connection string?  Hi,    You can move your database from SQL Express to Database Server in an...

Web resources about - How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express - asp.net.sql-datasource

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Donald Trump walks back Muslim database comments - Videos - CBS News
Republican candidate Donald Trump stepped back from comments that appear to suggest that he wants to register all of the Muslims in the United ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...