How can i import records from a sql server table in project1 to another sql server table in project2

Hi, i have a table with all employee bio-data in a completed project. Iam now working on another project with a table that needs the same data and here iam talking about 300 records that rarely change. Instead of re-entering this data in this new table, i want to import the data from the completed project into a table in this new project. Does any one have any idea how to achieve that or is there a better option to do the same.

One more thing iam realising here is that iam going to use this same data in very many applications and some one from one department is going to enter this data in all these different applications. so i was wondering if there could be a way of having a central database that this guy can mantain and then i be able to use that table data in different applications that iam going to develop. I dont want to kill this unlucky guy with data entry tasks every time i deploy a new application.

So basically, how can make one database application sever several different applications with its data.

No Project Too Eazy.
Nick

Why hold the database within the project at all? Move the database to the server, create one account for updating and one other applications that just need to read the data.

TATWORTH
5/24/2007 5:57:48 PM

You can share database for different projects. You can copy database tables from one database to another. Here is a sample for you to move one table from one database to another database without creating the new table first.

Run this from the database you want to export data:

SELECT * INTO newDataBaseName.dbo.yourNewTableFROM  tableToExpost

Limno

0
limno
5/24/2007 6:30:51 PM

TATWORTH:

Why hold the database within the project at all? Move the database to the server, create one account for updating and one other applications that just need to read the data.

Iam running sql sever express 2005 with advanced services and visual web developer 2005 express edition. I also got info some where on msdn that sql sever express does not support multiple connections to a .mdf file. If this is true, then wont i run into error like

1. A connection can not be made, the file is being used by a nother process or application.

2. The database is closed.

No Project Too Eazy.
Nick
5/25/2007 5:07:31 AM

From http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345154.aspx#sseover_topic19

QL Server Express 2005 MSDE 2000
User Instance support Feature not present
DTS in separate download DTS runtime present
Easy deployment because of no MDAC MDAC is part of install
MSI only, good servicing story MSI and MSM, servicing of MSM hard
Subscriber Replication for Transactional, Merge, and snapshot Merge/snapshot publication supported in addition to replication subscription
Robust setup UI Basic setup UI
No agent Agent present
Supports Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP1, and Windows 2003 Supports Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT4, and Windows 2003
CLR support No CLR support
GUI tools available No GUI tools
Database size limit: 4 GB Database size limit: 2 GB
1 CPU, 1 GB RAM 2 CPU, 2 GB RAM
No throttle Workload throttle enforced for 5 concurrent workloads
Deep integration with Visual Studio Basic integration with Visual Studio

 The phrase "No Throttle" implies that a given database can be used by more than one process.

TATWORTH
5/26/2007 6:15:58 AM

how can u import through Visual Web Developer 2005 interface only without opening up Sql Server 2005 and running the query u gave?

Also as u told.....we need to use ADO.NET connection statements in the source code page(say Default.aspx page). I want everything to get it done from VWD 2005 interface only.Can u suggest an answer ?

0
adamgil
9/1/2008 11:32:00 PM

 It always best to ask a new question in a new thread.

TATWORTH

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Moving Tables/Procedures from SQL Server Express to SQL Server
My searches have come up blank, so I'm hoping someone else can point me in the right direction. I'm done some development in SQL Server Express, working on tables and procedures.  I've now got to move those tables/procedures into SQL Server and I don't know of an easy way to do this.  Are there any tools I can take advantage of that would allow me to get all these objects moved?  The only way I can see to do it is to move objects over one-by-one.  This would be really time-consuming, and I'd like to avoid it if possible. I'm positive I'm...

How to copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2
I have 2 SQL Server. I need copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2.  Does someone know how to do it? Please help! In Enterprise Manager, right click on the table, go to "All Tasks", "Export Data", then follow the steps in the wizard....

Relational Tables are not relational after Exported from my sql server to host sql server
hello, I am beginner for asp.net and sql server. I used Sql server manegement studio full version and I exported my aspnetdb which was created by VS2005 to my host sql server. I have a question:  relational tables are not relational no longer. I noticed that when I created database diagram. what is wrong by exporting? thanks for your helps...Amateur Web Designer and Programmer In the Wizard steps are you specifying the keys? this dialog box will come when you uncheck the "Use default options" checkbox and click on options buttonscase when an...

import text file to sql table in sql server 2005
hi guys i need  to import text file to sql table in sql server 2005 ...using query how do i import text file to sql table .......................  i need query i dont want go Import/export options Vino I think u can go with OLEDB Provider plz check that Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. ...

how can I copy the entire database from one sql server to another sql server?
How can I copy the entire database (all the objects from one database to another database)? thanks in advance. Use DTS (right click on a database in Enterprise Manager, select All Tasks, and then Import or Export, as appropriate). You can also back up the database and then restore on the other server.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi Douglas, Thanks for your post. I was looking at the Database Copy Wizard. But it says my local system does not have the permission to copy files over the network. I looked over some tuturials and changed ...

Can I update a SQL Server table from within a SQL Anywhere trigger?
I have a SQL Server table set up that I'm able to query in iSQL as if it were a SQL Anywhere table. When I try to update it in a SQL Anywhere insert or update trigger however, it brings the database down. I tried looking at the transaction log and it's no help. Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I might debug this? Thanks. Libby, I would enable ODBC tracing on the SQL Anywhere server before the update and swithc it off after, and the look at the log file. Frank On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:35:30 +0200, Libby <Engelbret> wrote: > I have a SQ...

Import SQL Express Tables into SQL Server 2000/2005 possible?
Is it possible to import SQL Express tables into SQL Server 2000 or 2005?  I've seen a few posts in here touching on that subject but no real concise answers. Thanks,Richhttp://www.DevAndDesign.com/...

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

SQL Server insert query
When I am inserting into a table, I have some values which I am finding are "N/A" which obviously come from a source which allows it ie nvarchar column)  I need to check the values before entering into the column, and if it is not an integer, converting it to the value '00000000' ie a similar thing would be isnull(columnname,00000000), but in this case, not checking for if it is null, but rather if it is an integer. Does anyone have any ideas? Take a look at http://berezniker.com/content/pages/sql/microsoft-sql-server/isnumericex-udf-data-type-awareBeware of ...

If my SQL Server Mangement Studio can connect to my SQL server...
Then does that mean my server is on? Cause when I try to connect to the server it says it doesnt exist or access denied. How can I fix this problem?  I think something might be wrong with the protocol or something of the sort, I know its connecting through the TCP/IP, or atleast should be, its on port 1433. Is this port correct?...

need to show SQL Server table records in a second table
I am using the default ASPNETDB.MDF database for a project in SSE 2005 and VWD 2005. I need to use the UserName field from the aspnet_Users table as a foreign key in another table I have in the database. I am doing this so that I can grab data generated from additional fields that I'm adding to the membership registration wizard. However, I am obviously missing some steps since the user name doesn't show up in my second table. What should I do besides creating a relationship between the two fields and tables? Should I be writing some sort of SQL statement to ...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Copy SQL express table structure to SQL server
How does one generate Transact-SQL for table structure in SQL server express 2005? I have very limited access to an SQL server database (using rudimentary web based interface) for my hosted website.  I am ready to deploy an application that was developed with Visual Studio 2005 using SQL server express as the database.  I have four tables that I want to copy (structure only) from "express" to the hosted SQL server.  I think I need to generate Transact-SQL statements to "create" the table structure, then run these statements as a stored procedure on the web base...

Create Table syntax SQL in SQL Server 7
Hi guys, I need to pass some SQL to someone else who will run it on their database. I have got the SQL for SQL Server 2000 but they are running SQL Server 7. Apparently the below MSSQL 2000 script doesn't work; SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[tableName]( [id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [ArticleID] [int] NULL, [Heading] [text] COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [BodyContent] [text] COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [WrittenDate] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [tableName] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [id] ASC )...

Updating a Table data from Another table using Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I have a Problem while updating one table data from another table's data using sql server 2000. I have 2 tables named TableA(PID,SID,MinForms) , TableB(PID,SID,MinForms) I need to update TableA with TableB's data using a single query that i have including in a stored procedure. use this type of query  update myTable2 set SID= (select top 1 SID from myTable1)Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever. u can use SELECT column_name(s) INTO newtable [IN externaldatabase] FROM sourcee.g.SELECT * INTO Persons_backup...

can i start mobilink server when sql remote is running against a sql server
Log scan starting at offset 029754201276 E. 05/19 14:41:16. Cannot convert scanner to a unsigned int E. 05/19 14:41:16. Upload aborted at offset 0000000000 E. 05/19 14:41:16. Download aborted I get the above error when I started dbmlsync(used dbmlysnc in 8 folder) against a ASA DB(8.0.3;OS:windows 2003 server) This is also a consolidated DB that is involved in another sql replication set up. The publications currently don't have tables that step on each other. However, the plan is to do the same when I could do this successfully. I am trying to synchronize it with anothe...

How to export sql server 2005 express for import on web sql server
Hi,  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL.  I've been using Access for year and have not moved on to asp.net for my website.  I understand from 1and1.com that I will need to imort a backup of my SQL Server 2005 Express file to my on site database. I don't find any way to do that.  Please advise as to how I get the express version to work on my site. Thanks! Leesha Did you install the SQL Management Studio?  In the toolkit... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future rea...

Can I transfer data in SQL Server on NT to SQL Server on Unix?
Yes, through bcp -c. AnaMaria Stirbet Sybase TS ...

Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine
Hello ,i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?thanks for your kindness.Kate  You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server a...

Web resources about - How can i import records from a sql server table in project1 to another sql server table in project2 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Newest 'asp.net-vnext' Questions - Stack Overflow

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pomona , California , United States Coordinates : 34°03′23″N 117°49′18″W  /  34.05639°N 117.82167°W  / 34.05639; -117.82167 California State ...

Guides and Reviews - Brice Center
Brice Center Search this site Home Contact Brice About Brice Guides and Reviews Phones MS Project & Project Server Google Sites Windows 7 Tips ...

Clearing some hurdles automating CouchDB administration
I ran into a couple of administration issues with CouchDB while working on support for it in the excellent Pallet project1, so I thought I'd ...

Dynamic Detection of Malicious DDNS
This post was co-authored by Andrew Tsonchev. Two weeks ago we briefly discussed the role of dynamic DNS (DDNS) in a Fiesta exploit pack campaign. ...

Pictures
The Newest Funny Videos, Funny Pictures, Flash Games, Jokes

23andMe's £125 DNA testing service launches in the UK with full approval
While more and more technology companies are shifting their focus to include health tracking, none go quite as in-depth as 23andMe. The self-branded ...

JPL D-15378-REVD JPL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Title: JPL D-15378-REV, Version: D, Date: 1999-Nov-15, Desc: JPL-D-15378 JPL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS DESCRIPTION (REV. D) (15 NOV 1999) ...

Programs - Hackety Hack!
Hackety Hack Blog Questions Lessons Programs FAQ Support Log In Sign Up Programs Featured Our favorite selection of projects. Calender Basic ...

Forums - Kaggle
Kaggle is a platform for data prediction competitions. Companies, organizations and researchers post their data and have it scrutinized by the ...