helps on remote connection to sql server 2005 by ADO.net

I have two database named db1 and db2 on same database server. both of them have same configuration. I am using ADO.net (sqlclient, app will be located on another machine in same domain) to conntect to them. but one of them works fine and the second one gives me an error saying "remote connection are not allowed, error no 40" like that.

I check surface Area Configuration and enable local/remote connection.

since they are using same server configuration, why one is being connected but another can not be.

and, if I use Visual Studio 2005 (Server Explorer)  to construct a connection to both of them, they work fine, or I use SQL server management studio to connect, also work fine. but when I copied the connection string to my SqlConnection, it will not work.here is the connection string:

Data Source=DbServerName;Initial Catalog=DataBaseName;user id=sa;password=;

both of them are using "sa" as login without password.

How do make another works?

Thanks a lot.

0
dongwang

SQL Express

ADO.Net connection problems with SQL Server 2005
Hi. Im try to use ADO.Net for connection to SQL Server 2005. In my developer workstation connection work fine, but in the clients, don�t connect. .Net 2.0 is installed, SQL Client for sql server 2005 is installed Help me please. Hi, In general, if you have registered the following 2 DLLs,ADO will work Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.dll Sybase.PowerBuilder.DbExt.dll they are located under the folder Disk:\Program Files\Sybase\powerbuilder 11 You can get the folder from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0->Location &quo...

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections
When my default.aspx page loads I get this error for the connection to my SQL 2005 DB.    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already gone to Surface Area Configuration to ensure that Remoting with both Named Pipes or TCP/IP is enabled and it's set to both for remoting.I verified tha...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET
Hello, I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application, on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: [Mod] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x Database=pdat_1011 UserId= DatabasePassword= LogPassword= ServerName=denison03 LogId= Lock= DbParm= Prompt=0 dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011 ArchiveFile="" Thanks, LaChandra In the db-profile check out the preview tab. That tells you ...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

AppName in the Connectivity Parm
Hi: I would like to know if there's a connection parameter to set the workstation name and te application name using ADO.NET or OLEDB to SQL SERVER 2005. I'm currently using PB 10.2.1. Build 9858. TIA. C�sar Ratto D. Yes, This is my DBParm: SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='" + ls_provider + "',DATASOURCE='" + server + "',PROVIDERSTRING='DataTypeCompatibility=80;database=" + bd + ";App=" + ls_applicationName + ";WSID=" + ls_workstation + "',TIMEOUT=160,OJSyntax='ANSI',PBTrimChar...

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

SQL Server 2005 images with VB.NET 2005.. Help Please...
Hello to all, I really Hope you can help me. I need to build an App that has the feature to upload images to a database, as well as retrieve them. I am not an expert in ASP.NET.. here is what I got: I have a DB with a table named "Slide", in it there is a column named "image" it is image SQL Data type..I already have the GUI built, a text box for the file name, and a button that will browse the image.In the VB code i have: Imports Data.System.SQLClient' code... 'I know i have to "Split apart" the image into binary data.. how can I do ...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

ADO.NET connection to SQL Server
Hi Just installed eval version and cannot connect to SQL Server (get Invalid authorization specification) I'm connecting via trusted connection to local db (Northwind database). Noticed a help comment that I should include Database=Northwind in extended properties. I connected okay to the sample Adaptive demo. Appreciate any advice Alex I think this may be a bug. I'm not able to do it either. Note that when you select the Trusted Connection checkbox, that the syntax view on the preview tab doesn't change. Nor does it change if you explicitly put "Truste...

Web resources about - helps on remote connection to sql server 2005 by ADO.net - asp.net.sql-datasource

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ...
CBS Local MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ... CBS Local Raksin was shot to death walking to ...