Help with "How to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections"

Hi there! I've been trying for several days now to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections, apparently, with no luck.

I always have this error message: Microsoft SQL Native Client: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.

I've followed the instructions at this link -> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=914277&SD=tech, but I have been having the same problems.

I've already adjusted my firewall settings.

What should I do?

Please help me... Confused

0
Audrey

Make sure that the servername, username and password are correctly configured in your config file. Try checking that by accessing the DB locally on the server itself.

HTH,

Vivek

Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community

vivek_iit
11/14/2006 12:53:49 PM

Make sure your connectionstring is correct here and TCP/IP and named pipes is enabled check this: SQL Server Troubleshooting .

Hoep it helps.

Sincerely,
Young Fang
0