Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hi All,

I am getting above sometimes.I am inserting values in three tables Company,Merchant and users at a time.Guid is kept as primary key(uniqueidenitifier).Why this error is coming i am unable to find it is happening sometimes.Any idea to rectify it ??

Regards

1
Brijesh

How are you generating the GUID?  C# code or are you having the database generate it?

0
dswersky
7/18/2008 2:32:29 PM

Database is generating it.

0
Brijesh
7/18/2008 6:05:43 PM

Hi Brijesh Singh,

How did you go about inserting the values into the three tables?

Usually, you will receive this exception in these scenarios:

  • In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, you connect to an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS).
  • You import a maintenance plan from an Integration Services package that is stored in a different location. The Integration Services package was previously exported from a maintenance plan.
  • In SQL Server Management Studio, you modified the maintenance plan, and then you try to save the maintenance plan.

Are you experiencing the same issue? If so, please refer to the following document:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922651/en-us

If your SQL Server is not SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (32-bit) or SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services (32-bit), you may also use SQL Profiler to see what the T-SQL statement was executing when the exception occurs.

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian

Get Hostname Failed For IP Address:xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
Can somone please tell me why all of a sudden I am getting this message continuously on my console screen. Thx Do you have that IP address/URL in an access rule? Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files, books and consulting services for BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net *** Yep I did. I took it out and it works fine. Thx "Craig Johnson" <craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:VA.000027b2.034e1f4c@athlon3... > Do you have that IP address/URL in an access rule?...

Retrieve guid from DB error: "Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes"
In my database, I have a table with a uniqueidentifer field as the primary key.  I'm using SQL Server 2005.------------------------------------------------------------------MyTable------------------------------------------------------------------MyGuid  |  MyEmail  |  MyName------------------------------------------------------------------Given an email (a string), I'm trying to return the guid associated with that email.  I'm using LINQ to do this.  Here's my function:public static Guid GetGuidFromEmail(string Email) { MyDBDataContext...

Url Length limitation for "mailto:xxxx?&cc=xxxx&subject=xxxx&body=xxxx"
Hi All.. I want to generate automatic Emails after setting up the mailto, cc, subject, body components dynamically.. Lotus Notes is my default email client.  My code goes like this..message = string.Format(@"mailto:{0}?&cc={1}&subject={2}&body={3}", recipients, cc, subject, messageText); //Open registered email client with the formatted message. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(message); The email generation fails in case of subject or message goes longer.. I cannot assure of a fixed length of this URL.. It varies in cases.. Please help me out to solve thi...

xxxx
Name: Doctor Dave Bengard Email: drdv29ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: xxxx Comments: Sorry...But you SUCK...for not having any phone contact... AND, I just tried your supposed chat, and what else...we are closed. You are jerks. I deal with companies/corporations all over the country/world, and the A-Holes as Ebay/Craig's List, et al.... that do their best to avoid customer direct/personal contact suck, and are hiding something!! Doctor Dave Bengard, 209-931-5580. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox...

xxxx
*** Now talking in #12345678 *** Phant0m^ sets mode: +snt *** MrWhite (A8EEBA11@cn-387.cyd.liu.se) has joined #12345678 <Phant0m^> yo <Phant0m^> who u? <MrWhite> just a lurker <Phant0m^> ok <Phant0m^> what fella are u <Phant0m^> that was on the message board? <MrWhite> why're u spamming grc? <Phant0m^> d.max ? <Phant0m^> spamming whats yea <Phant0m^> mean <Phant0m^> :P <Phant0m^> Not spamming when your using proxys *** MrWhite (A8EEBA11@cn-387.cyd.liu.se) Quit ...

xxxx
Name: Jerry Johnson Email: jerdjon_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: xxxx Comments: I've had very few problems, other than the fact that some of the old extensions don't work, and the program loads too slow. Can you speed up the loading process? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

xxxx
Name: DRAGAN Email: djdragan81athotmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: xxxx Comments: xxxx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sr; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

how to compile xxxx.aspx and xxxx.vb
Hi guys..i am asp programmer...and still don't get to this aspx. and vb concept..i just write script and the html in one page.i want to learn how to seperate those two side into two pages..any basic thing that i should know?..any website link?thanks... this is called codebehind. what you're used to is 'inline' you can use inline, no problem. what editor are you using? RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS don't laugh at me..i am using notepad..i am starting to use visual studio.net well, with notepad you won'...

Incompatible property xxxx for type xxxx
I am using PFC's with PowerBuilder 6.5 on an Windows NT 4.0 development environment. Here are the objects in this application: Window - Sheet window that will be opened up on the MDI Frame Tab Control - Inherited from a user object Tab Pages - One tab page for each datawindow in the app. These tab pages are also inherited from a user object. DataWindows - There may be some tab pages that have more than 1 datawindow on it. I need to write some code to be placed either on the window or the tab control that references each tab page on the tab control and each datawindow on each ...

xxxx #4
Name: atep Email: atepphotoatyahoodotcodotid Product: Shiretoko Alpha 2 Summary: xxxx Comments: sip Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1) Gecko/20090806 Namoroka/3.6a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.6a1/firstrun/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Catastrophic failure in .net 1.xxxx
Dear all,Everytime I try to run a project in debug mode, the following box prompts out: unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure I have been searching for solution on the web for a long time and almost everypage tells me to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q827559 However, as I am using 2000 professional, I do not have Domain Controller Security Policy. So I open Administration tool > Local Security Policy> Local Policy > User Right Assignment to perform the same task. Nevertheless, it is of no use. Anyone may help? ...

An SqlParameter with ParameterName '@xxxx'is not contained by this SqlParameterCollection.
Hi all, on my quest to create an editable datagrid I am running into many problems! For some reason the parameters in my update and delete commands are not happy they return the error above. Why would it say that the parametername is not contained when its clearly there? (I am referring to sqlcommand2 and sqlcommand3) please help! many thankyou's! Tom Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load If Not Page.IsPostBack Then 'connection SqlConnection1.ConnectionString = Confi...

SQL Anywhere 9.02.xxxx and Janus GridEx
Please help! When connected to the developement version of the dbsrv9.exe version 9.0.2.3044 with our application, we run smoothly. When we connect to a server that uses the same version that is licensed for deployment as per seat @ 50 nodes, we experience an unusual permissions problem with our Janus GridEx (VB6). If we add new records to the database using a seperate recordset, we use the .Rebind function to recreate the recordset in the grid control. We get the new records, but we no longer can edit them in the grid. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 new records, but eventually the prov...

-Duseperlio=xxxx
It is probably too late for 5.8 but it occurs to me that a Configure option to set the default implementation would be useful. e.g. suppose system's stdio does "fast gets" buffer snooping but user knows that they want to use :perlio rather than :stdio to get the "better" signal behaviour I documented at the weekend? The change _should_ be straight forward - in perlio.c: #ifdef CONFIGURED_VALUE use that #else existing scheme based on stdio fast gets capability #endif The complicated but would be prompting / defaulting the value in Confi...