Getting parts of DateTime field

Hi everyone,

I want to get year, month, day and time parts of a DateTime field in sql,

Can help me?

0
mehdi_yami

There are many datetime functions you can use. For example: You can use Year(dtColumn), Month(dtColumn) to get year and month returned in integer format. You can also  use DATEPART function to get the part you want, for example: Datepart(yyyy,dtColumn) to get year.

Here is the full list from MSDN library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174420.aspx

Limno

0
limno

A SQL-TRANSACT Question How to Return only the Date Part of a DateTime Field.
VWD 2008 Express. Visual Basic. I have a SQL table I am querying from my aspx code behind.  The table has a column that is a datetime datatype.  I want to only return the date portion of the column.  What can I use in my SQL SELECT statement to return only the date part?  By this I mean instead of mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss I just want mm/dd/yy.  I have seen the CONVERT function, but it does not seem to do the job.  Thanks for any help.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsjail.org select convert(varchar, getdate(), 101) - WilliamPl...

.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem
.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem  I have the following if statement in an SQL stored procedure: IF (@Image = 1 AND @DateTimeUploaded = (SELECT ImageMainDateTime FROM Images WHERE UserID = @UserID))   The value of the @DateTimeUpdated variable was taken from the ImageMainDateTime field when the data was requested by a ASP.NET webpage and is passed back here when that page is submitted so I can compare what the DateTime was when the data was requested with what it is now, in other words I’m doing a concurrency check (I can’t use TimeStamp for many reasons, ...

Convert .NET DateTime format to SQL DateTime format
Hi!!I'd like to know if there is a function to convert the DateTime format used in C# (VS2005) : dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss to the format used in SQL Databases: yyyymmdd HH:mm:ssThanks folks!...

Compating DateTime field from sql table to DateTime Object
Hi. I have a SQL query that suppose to compare a given DateTime object to a datetime type coloumn : SELECT COUNT(*) FROM [QuestionnairesData] WHERE [SQClientUsername] = '" + Profile.UserName + "' AND [FillingDate] > " + Report.GetLastProductionReportDate(sqClient.SQCLIENTID)  the problem i get is on the last part of the select query. the DateTime object Report.GetLastProductionReportDate(sqClient.SQCLIENTID) gives me : 2/14/2007 15:49:04 PM and when i delete the time part it works well but i need to check for both date and time in this case. there is some issues with DateTime o...

DateTime unable to save in datetime field of SQL database
 Hi all, having a little problem with saving dates to sql databaseI've got the CreatedOn field in the table set to datetime type, but every time i try and run it i get an error kicked up  Error "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.The statement has been terminated."I've tried researching it but not been able to find something similar.  Heres the code: DateTime createOn = DateTime.Now;string sSQLStatement = "INSERT INTO Index (Name, Description, Creator,CreatedOn) values ('" + name + "','" + descri...

How can I update an MS SQL 7.0 datetime field with embedded sql
I have a datetime field in MS Sql 7.0 named Revised_Date. I can update this date with my datawindow but I can't update it with embedded sql. I have tried the following which doesn't work UPDATE dbo.employees SET revised_date = date() ; produces invalid function error UPDATE dbo.employees SET revised_date = 2000-07-31 ; which yeilds 05/17/05 which is incorrect date ld_date time ldt_datetime ld_date = today ldt_date = datetime(ld_date) UPDATE dbo.employees SET revised_date = :ldt_date; which yields error How can I accomplish this ? T...

SQL datetime field
DateTime dt = Convert.ToDateTime(dtlabel.Text); string DT = dt.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"); When I insert  string in database everything work fine but if string is empty I have this 1.1.1900 0:00:00 can I change this to Null or blank tnx.   instead of declaring the string like this string DT = dt.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"); declare the string string DT = string.Empty; And befor assigning the value to string check for null value. if(dtlabel.Text!="") {DateTime dt = Convert.ToDateTime(dtlabel.Text); &nbs...

convert an sql datetime column to .net datetime data type in front end...?
I have a field (ldate) in a table that typically displays data in the following format:2007-11-12 20:30:47.000In the front end I want the time and the date separately. But as I try to cast it to a datetime object it is giving me a System.NullReferenceException. What I tried to do was just this: Protected Sub gvTopics_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gvTopics.RowDataBound Dim img As Image = gvTopics.FindControl("imgIcon") Dim lbDate, lbTime As Label lbDate = gvTopics.FindControl(...

HOW DO I: Insert nulls into SQL dateTime field stored in SQL DB from a web UI textbox
I’m looking for feedback on the Best/Right way to Insert nulls into SQL dateTime field in SQL DB from a web UI textbox.    Option 1:     Presently implemented:  Dim dtFollowUpDate = IIf(dtDateFollowUp.Text = "", System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlDateTime.Null, dtDateFollowUp.Text) Although ithis does what is needed it generates the following inner exception   ParamValue    {System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlDateTime} Object[System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlDateTime] {System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlDateTime}          ...

Get SQL Error from .Net
I am sing SQL Procedures for Insert and Update. In the SQL Procedure i used try catch.  How can i get the SQL exception from .net. Try{ //Execute your sql here.}Catch  (SqlException and sqlEx){ //Do Something}   Pushing out shapes, to a popular beat combo. If you want to cause an error in the calling application you need to raise an error in the Catch Block.  If you just want to return the error information as a resultset, execute a select statement.  There are several variables, only available in the Catch Block, that you can use to ret...

formatting a sql datetime field
Hi: I have a datetime field that I'm pulling from a sql db into a formView. So in the formView I have: <asp:TextBox ID="date_createdTextBox" runat="server" cssClass="formField" Text='<% # Bind("date_created") %>' />  If I want to just display the date, instead of the full date and time, is it better to convert it in the SQL query or in the formView itself? (and how would I convert it in the formview?)  You can use Text='<%# Bind("[date_created]","{0:d}") %>'  in the above def...

Working with DATETIME Fields in SQL
I'm trying to delete data older than 24 hours from a particular table. Below is my SQL. It runs successfully but does not delete data. What is wrong with the syntax? delete from IBLM$OPERATIONLOG FU where FU.datetime = 'now' - (24/60) Robin, Your WHERE condition seems to only evaluate to true those records which contain FU.datetime equal to the expression result. It won't select records older than that. Perhaps you can change it to... delete from IBLM$OPERATIONLOG FU where FU.datetime < 'now' - (24/60) OR... delete from IBLM$OPERATIONLOG...

Get the time from a DateTime Field
  I looked at this post and it didn't work for me.   Trying to extract the time portion from a datetime field. ex  7:15:12 AM from    1/1/2008 7:15:12 aM This is what I tried and neither functions give me the results I want....  SELECT     DueTime, CONVERT(varchar, DueDate, 108) AS Expr1, SUBSTRING(CAST(DueDate AS varchar), 10, LEN(DueDate)) AS Expr2, CAST(DueDate AS varchar)                       AS Expr3FROM  ...

My datetime field getting errors
I retrieve records using stored procedure into DataRow called "row".  Now I getting error about DBNull and the field seems to contain {} values. Server Error in '/Web' Application. Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.Source Error: Line 103: decimal ...

Web resources about - Getting parts of DateTime field - asp.net.sql-datasource

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...