General network error. Check your network documentation #2

Hi We have a written a error log in Global.asax. which capture below mentioned error in the prodcution server. Same applications is working fine in some locations and some loactions we are getting the error.Any body knows why this error is occurs.Any body knows why this error is occurs. Error Message:General network error. Check your network documentation.Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at datalayer.sqldb.Execute(String ProcedureName, SqlParameter[] Parameters) at lms.User.GetUserDetails(String strUserid)ITs at LMS.Login.w_btn_Login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
0
vijju

Hello my friend,

Are you using forms authentication?  If so, are you using a SQL Server Express database to handle the users and roles?  If so, you need to change this so it uses a full proper SQL Server, not the Express version.  I made a guess that you may be doing this because the error involves OpenAndLogin().  The Express version is just for development, not recommended for production.  If I have guessed incorrectly, then I am sorry.

Kind regards

Scotty

0
ask_Scotty
5/26/2007 7:27:48 PM

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your information. But We are using SQL Server Enterprise edition. its full version. Please let me know if you have any information.

0
vijju

General network error. Check your network documentation. Error number 11
  Hi,I am getting the following error (When i am trying to update the column thru windows service) Please let me know the solution for the following.The following error is comming only when i set CommandTimeout to infinity (Commandtimeout=0).General network error.  Check your network documentation. Number 11 Procedure ConnectionRead (recv()). Class 20 State 0 Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Server  Line number 0 Thanks and Best RegardsNagaraju A Then I probably wouldn't set the CommandTimeout to zero, that's an easy fix. For other ideas of what might be...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

General network error. Check your network documentation
Hi.. I had installed my Web Application in test server's  D drive.  The D drive on the test server where web application is installed runs out of space .At that time when the user clicked on my web application, I am getting an error as: General network error. Check your network documentation. Exception Details : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException. General network error. Check your network documentation. Is it possible to provide a more customized message? Please help.. Thanks Hi, From the exception message, I can see this error was generated when doing some Sql databa...

General network error. Check your network documentation
Hello, I am getting this error "General network error. Check your network documentation." inconsistently. It is happening in some of the stored procs but not all the time. This is always accompanied by "Procedure: ConnectionRead (recv())." in the stack. I am wondering is this due to some network packets getting dropped or there is something else that probably may be causing this. Thanks Have you checked the SQL Server error log? There should be something in there to help you pinpoint the problem. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, Neude...

General network error. Check your network documentation
When I try to update the site setting, I get this Error and I don't know how to fix. Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. DeGeneral network error. Check your network documentationscription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Ge...

General network error. Check your network documentation
When I try to update the site setting, I get this Error and I don't know how to fix. Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation. So...

General network error. Check your network documentation
I get General network error. Check your network documentation when executing a SP on SQL server 2005.My asp.net version is 2.0 .This error is so strange that it occurs randomly and its frequency is very less. I have checked a lot on google..got some suggestions like commandtimeout=0 and other stuff..but they were not helpfull.. please help  Mark this reply as answer if it provided help. Sounds like a network issue between the web server and sql server. If you are on a shared hosting plan you could complain to the hosting company but I doubt that they will do anything especially if...

General network error. Check your network documentation
  Hi,   We have a written a error log in Global.asax.  which capture below mentioned error in the prodcution server.  Same applications is working fine in some locations and some loactions we are getting the error.Any body knows why this error is  occurs.Any body knows why this error is  occurs. Error Message:General network error.  Check your network documentation.Stack Trace:   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin()   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, SqlConnec...

General network error. Check your network documentation.
Hi, Some times I am getting the following error message when trying to open a web page of my Application. Please let me know the reasona and solution for this.   Server Error in '/' Application. General network error. Check your network documentation. Description:An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation. Source...

General Network Error. Check your network documentation
Hi,I am using .Net 1.1 for my web application.And my database server is SQL Server 2005. My application is running fine, as i can login to it and also able to view pages. But when i open Order management(having 3K records) its give me error,General Network Error. Check your network documentation  I have also searched many articles  and tried following solutions but nothing working- connectiontimeout = 0, max pool size = 7500/100, pooling = false- SSL disabling enforce security false as mentioned in microsoft kb article. And there's  nothing any issue with hardware/firewall...

The famous "General network error. Check your network documentation." error message
Been struggling with this one for a while. It seems to be a popular topic of discussion in several forums, however, all suggested fixes have failed to work for me. I've tried setting POOLING=FALSE. I've also tried setting CONNECTION RESET=FALSE. Although both of these have allowed me to keep a connection open for slightly longer, after a while I would get the familiar "General network error. Check your network documentation." error message. It seems that, in general, SQL 7.0 / ADO .NET does not like it when you keep connections open for more than a half hour, even if you are c...

General Network Error. Check your network documentation #3
 Hi,I am using .Net 1.1 for my web application.And my database server is SQL Server 2005. My application is running fine, as i can login to it and also able to view pages. But when i open Order management(having 3K records) its give me error,General Network Error. Check your network documentation  I have also searched many articles  and tried following solutions but nothing working- connectiontimeout = 0, max pool size = 7500/100, pooling = false- SSL disabling enforce security false as mentioned in microsoft kb article. And there's  nothing any issue w...

General network error. Please check network documentation
Although this error has been previously addressed, I have have not yet seen 1. The reason why the error occurs 2. What to check for 3. Solutions that work Our environemnt is .Net Framework 1.1,ASP.Net 2003 and SQL Server 2000.Recently, while testing ,we got the above error. I use a notebook both in my office and at home and never see this error, yet when I deploy to a server, there it is. I checked thru my code to ensure that connections were always closed and that command objects were set to nothing, yet this error pops up seemingly at random. Does anyone have any insi...

General network error:check your network documentation in data access
i am getting this problem while reading records from sql server frequently. accessing is done through middle layer like assemblies. please suggest possible solution to this problem. Regards, Kumar Did you check the event log on the server to see if there were any error messages? TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

Web resources about - General network error. Check your network documentation #2 - asp.net.sql-datasource

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia
La GNU Free Documentation License ( GNU FDL ) è una licenza di copyleft per contenuti liberi , creata dalla Free Software Foundation per il progetto ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Documentation for building software with Facebook - APIs, SDKs and Services
Learn how to integrate with Facebook's APIs and developer tools to drive growth and engagement to your app, website or content.

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...