Export to excel without third party tools and without Excel on the Application Server.

I need to export a stored procedure in SQL Server to Excel.

The stored procedure has two parameters.

I need to Export to excel without third party tools and without Excel on the Application Server.

Whats the easiest and best way?

pizzamaker74

Unfortunately, this is again a link to another forum www.universalthread.com where this topic was discussed and several solutions provided. <B>Re: Create an Excel file (xls)</B> Thread #1304564 Message #1304876 I don't want to copy and paste code, you may want to check this yourself, but you have to become a member of the site in order to see its content. That's the downside.

In this thread this link http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/default.aspx is referenced as one of the solutions.

(Donald Knuth)
0
Naom
pizzamaker74
11/24/2008 4:16:30 AM

Do we have any other third party tools other than ASPOSE?

The main drawback of ASPOSE is its cost?

Did you guys come across SMARTXLS.

My actual requirement is to have efficient way of exporting multiple tables in dataset to separate sheets in same workbook. Actually i have a sollution for this, But it is very slow(7 minuts to load in server).

What is the good way(third party tool/excel on server) to achieve this?

As per my experience execl on server affects performance if data contention is high.

 Waiting for your valuable sugetions?

Thanks in advance

 -V

0