Error:Type Expected

I did create one simple program which is used to retrieve data from SQL Server Database into the DataGrid. Unfortunately,compilation stops at the position that 'Dim conn as SQLConnection'.The error is just same as the subject 'Type Expected'.

By the way, the default frameworkSDK from VS.NET version 1.0 lies different place from .NET1.1 I did install recently.If so, I wonder which FrameworkSDK will be used if I'm intending to compile ASP.NET Web Application.
Looking forward to your timely kind reply!
0
Johnny

At the top of your page with the code, are you importing the System.Data namespace?

Imports System.Data

Josh
Josh Weinstein

DNNSkins.com

4Birckhead Consulting Services
0
weinstein_josh

SQL Server Error: "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric"
I'm still quite new to SQL, and so I may be missing something quite obvious. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I've included my query at the bottom of the message as it is quite long; my problem is that I get "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric" when the first parameter to my COALESCE calls is not NULL. That is, the COALESCEs and the query work as I expect when SUM(cust_vw_actual.Actual) is NULL (they return 0.00), but if it isn't I get the error. I am also getting "Warning: Null value eliminated from aggregate.&...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

ODBC error "Program type out of range" , SQL State S1003 : PB6.0--->MS SQL Server7.0 on WIN NT4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range The same type of profile & ODBC settings on the W...

Update error , "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" , using DataSet as a datasource
Hi All, The following sample code is for testing dw.UpdateData using dataset as the data source. The data retrieval and display part under Form1_Load works fine. However, inputting some values in a new row and calling dw.UpdateData causes the following error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" The error seems to occur when a datawindow column value has been changed from null value. Does anyone know how to fix the error ? Thank you for your advice. I use DW2.5 (build 8542), VS2005 pro, MS SQL Express. ...

Expected type is Int32 error
I am trying to add a row from a datagrid and I'm getting this error. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider) at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value) at System.Data.Common.Int32Storage.Set(Int32 record, Object value) at System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)Couldn't store <> in Q_CodeID Column. Expected type is Int32. I am quite confident I have the database type settings correc...

sql datasource insert error
hii,,i am using asp.net 2005 and sql server 2005... i m using sql data source in my form,,i want to insert the details into a table using the insert command thr sqldatasource....one of the column name is service_w/lb, this is where i get an error.i am not able to insert the new data..here is my code:::: ______________________________________ <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:sm123_trackerConnectionString %>"SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Agency_Master]" InsertCommand="INSERT...

Get SQL Error from .Net
I am sing SQL Procedures for Insert and Update. In the SQL Procedure i used try catch.  How can i get the SQL exception from .net. Try{ //Execute your sql here.}Catch  (SqlException and sqlEx){ //Do Something}   Pushing out shapes, to a popular beat combo. If you want to cause an error in the calling application you need to raise an error in the Catch Block.  If you just want to return the error information as a resultset, execute a select statement.  There are several variables, only available in the Catch Block, that you can use to ret...

Sql Types
SQL Server 2000, ASP.Net 1.1 I've been writing this stuff for a while, and can't seem to come to the conclusion of how I should be retrieving data and assigning this data to variables. Since i'm using SQL Server, I'm convinced that I should be using the datareaders GetSqlDouble (or whatever) function, but this would mean i need my local variables to be one of the SQL types.  The problem with that is, that there will have to be lots of conversions done by me to be able to use a SQL type in my application. For instance, I have a class where i'm retrieving dates.  In or...

Instantiation Error BC30182: Type expected.
Hello All, I am trying to create complete application in the book Teach yourself asp.net in 21 days (c) 2002. I have been trying to run this application completely but I am getting several errors. I have been debugging to solve it for the last 2 months but have been able to fix some. I typed up exactly and followed the instruction accordingly but still errors. Below is one of the error I encountered when clicking on category link. (My appllication folder is named BananaMobile not ty21) Please help me resolve this issue. Server Error in '/BananaMobile' Application. -----...

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown in procedure
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I test my procedure in SQL interactive but got error: -------------------------------------------------------- Error at line 1 Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown - line 5, char 3 : SQL - CREATE PROCEDURE CreateNewSystem(NewSystemID VarChar(10), CurrentSelection Int, NewSystemName VarChar(20), CheckChild Boolean) AS DECLARE VARIABLE LeftRightValue INTEGER; begin IF :CheckChild THEN SELECT LeftRightValue = lft FROM "MEP_SYSTEMS" WHERE category_id=:CurrentSelection; ELSE SELECT LeftRightValue = rgt FROM "MEP_...

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown in procedure #2
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I test my procedure in SQL interactive but got error: -------------------------------------------------------- Error at line 1 Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown - line 5, char 3 : SQL - CREATE PROCEDURE CreateNewSystem(NewSystemID VarChar(10), CurrentSelection Int, NewSystemName VarChar(20), CheckChild Boolean) AS DECLARE VARIABLE LeftRightValue INTEGER; begin IF :CheckChild THEN SELECT LeftRightValue = lft FROM "MEP_SYSTEMS" WHERE category_id=:CurrentSelection; ELSE SELECT LeftRightValue = rgt FROM "MEP_...

PB Runtime error
I have an PB 7 application, build 8033, where when we run it in the development enviroment it runs fine, but when we try to do an Query by Example with the executable, the application fails with this error. We are using informix 7.03 as our database. Any ideas? Thanks George We tried this on a couple of other non powebuilder development machines, and the application runs fine. It appears either to be an invalid .dll on that machine or an issue with Citrix and PB702. Anyone else using PB702 and Citrix? THanks George Can you get the SQL-Syntax? geocal99@ya...

Web resources about - Error:Type Expected - asp.net.sql-datasource