Error during installation of SQL Server.

I had sql server installed and had to install because of some problem. I uninstalled SQL Server. and then tried to install it again. However, while during the installation of "Workstation Components, Books Online and Development Tools", I got this error "Sample databases are higher version than SQL server instance specified. Sample databases cannot be attached to older SQL instance." . Now I am not able to use SQL Server.

Any help?

0
identityconcealed

Hi identityconcealed,

From your description, it seems that your problem was because you SQL Server 2005 was not completely uninstalled.

Some files or registry keys of the last SQL Server 2005 were not removed completely from the operating system, so when you tried to reinstall a new SQL Server 2005, its edition is different from the last one, which lead to the installation failure.

Sometimes, we cannot uninstall the SQL Server 2005 easily just like other common programs, there are several steps we can follow.

I suggest that you to uninstall any existing items or components of SQL Server 2005 completely, and reinstall it to see if it works.

You may refer to this document:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967/en-us

Hope this helps.

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

SQL Server 2005 Error, but its SQL Server 2003?
Here is an error we are getting when trying to connect through our websites: .Net SqlClient Data Provider An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   The server is actually SQL Server 2003.  Windows Update installed a few updates yesterday, so we're thinking that something in the update might be causing this er...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
  Hi Friends, Im using .Net2008 and MS SQL Server2005, I Have a web application , i want to connect to the server machine SQL Server,  When i run the application im getting the following error. Im trying to connect to the database from local machine application to server machine database   An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Cou...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

SQL Server 2005 tools with SQL Server 2000 error
Has anyone run into this error below yet?  I had a SQL Server 200 Database and then I installed the new SQL Server 2005 tools to use for development and now when I load the database over to my production server that has SQL Server 2000  I get this error... (I never got this error before I installed the tools but I know other people that use the tools with SQL Server 2000 and have no problems at all) Server Error in '/ParkingViolations' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this fai...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

Installing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 20005 on the same machine
Hi all,is it possible to run both instances of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on the same PC?The reason I am asking is becasue my install failed for SQL Server 2000 when i already have SQL server 2005 installed.Get the following at the end of the sqlstp.log file...###############################################################################Starting Service ...Latin1_General_CI_AS-m -Q -T4022 -T3659An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1053)SQL Server configuration failed.###############################################################################01:52:54 Process Exit Code: ...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

Remote SQL Server error from IIS but not from local, but working with same SQL Server
 I am getting a SQLServer connection error when I try to run my application from the IIS server.  I deployed the application to the remote server using VWD Express 2005 [using the "Copy Web" feature].  I have frontpage extension turned on...which I am not sure if this is the right thing.The SQLServer is coming from the same remote site as the IIS server.   I have successfully  uploaded the databases to the SQLServer 2005  machine.   Then from my development machine I updated the web.config to point to the remote SQL Server 2005 machine a...

Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine
Hello ,i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?thanks for your kindness.Kate  You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server a...

Web resources about - Error during installation of SQL Server. - asp.net.sql-datasource

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march
Washington Post Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march Chicago Tribune Sonja Henderson, artist with the ...

PV Market Alliance Estimates 2015 PV Installations Were At Least 51 GW
The PV Market Alliance has published new figures estimating solar PV installations during 2015 reached at least 51 GW. According to the PV Market ...