error converting varchar to numeric

i have a huge stored procedure abt 500 lines..and i am calling this sp from an asp.net page...thn i got this error - error converting varchar to numeric - and am trying to debug...is there any way we can find out where the error is coming from...like aproxly which line number..etcor do i have to go through each line manually and see where i am doing the conversion....

thanks
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Never tried it myself but it should let you step through a sproc like you would your C#/VB.Net code behind.

Walkthrough: Debugging Hello World, a SQL Stored Procedure
0
McMurdoStation
11/18/2003 7:37:00 PM
hi MMS

I was able to isolate the line tht was causing the problem..however i will go through the article to see if it will help with some info for future use.
thanks.
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

SQL Server Error: "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric"
I'm still quite new to SQL, and so I may be missing something quite obvious. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I've included my query at the bottom of the message as it is quite long; my problem is that I get "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric" when the first parameter to my COALESCE calls is not NULL. That is, the COALESCEs and the query work as I expect when SUM(cust_vw_actual.Actual) is NULL (they return 0.00), but if it isn't I get the error. I am also getting "Warning: Null value eliminated from aggregate.&...

PB 11.2/MS SQL 2005 Error converting data type varchar to numeric
Am getting the above error from PB 11.2 when executing a stored proc. The proc take no parameters. Once i get this error, i cannot execute the proc succesfully from PB 11.2 until i recompile the stored proc. At the same time the proc works fine from Query Analyzer, as well as from PB 7. What is PB 11.2 doing to mess this up? Any ideas....it's wrecking havoc on our production app. Forgot to add the error is C0195:SQLSTATE =3D 22018 On Dec 13, 4:00=A0pm, bre...@friesens.com wrote: > Am getting the above error from PB 11.2 when executing a stored proc. > The proc take no...

Error converting data type varchar to numeric
hi All, This case statement is giving me the error "Error converting data type varchar to numeric". the column dbo.tblKMTermloanFees.base_min datatype is varchar.  And please see below for sample data in the column. i have to convert this into number. Any suggestions guys how to do this, Thanks in advance. Shilpa.  CASE  WHEN dbo.tblKMTermloanFees.base_min LIKE '%/6M%' THEN CONVERT (DECIMAL (5,2), LEFT (Base_Min, CHARINDEX ('/', Base_Min)-1)) / 6 WHEN dbo.tblKMTermloanFees.base_min LIKE '%/M%' THEN CONVERT (DECIMAL (5,2), LEFT (Base_Mi...

Error converting data type varchar to numeric.
following is the error I am getting. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error converting data type varchar to numeric.Source Error: Line 107: " select '" & eventnumber & "','" & username & "','" & requestor & "', '" & bcode & "', max([Loan_ID]) from loan "Line 108: Dim myCommand1 As New SqlCommand(sql1, myConnection)Line 109: myCommand1.ExecuteNonQuery()Line 110:Line 111: Dim sql2 As String = " update Equipment set [Available_for_Loan] = 0 where barcode = '" &am...

Arithmetic overflow error converting varchar to data type numeric
Hello, i am getting "Arithmetic overflow error converting varchar to data type numeric"  while i am trying to cast the numeric value to varchar in SQL Server 2000(This is the Query  (cast(' + @Qty + ' as varchar(50)) If any knows plz help me, thanks.        "Arithmetic overflow error converting varchar to data type numeric" stands for error while converting varchar to numeric, and you say "trying to cast the numeric value to varchar", this is kind a confusing thing. Can you explain your problem more detailed?Nev...

Using CONVERT function to convert NUMERIC to VARCHAR
I am creating a trigger on a table where 2 columns are defined as numeric. This trigger captures the data and inserts it into another table where I want to combine the numeric data with a statement. I've tried using the CONVERT function, but it is giving me a mis-matched token error. I've looked through the documentation online, but it is not really helping me or I'm not understanding correctly. I've pasted a snippet of what I'm trying to do without using the CONVERT function. **user_level and region_id are the numeric values** select @whatchanged = case ...

error in SQL Store Proc ''Conversion failed when converting the varchar value to data type int'
Hi , I am having problem and error of 'Conversion failed when converting the varchar value to data type int ' CREATE PROC dbo.testingloop (DECLARE @testid varchar(max))ASBEGINSET NOCOUNT ONDECLARE @SQL varchar(600)SET @testvalue = CURSOR FORSELECT [test ID])  FROM Data42 where [test ID] = 36OPEN @testvalue      FETCH NEXT     FROM @testvalue INTO @testid      WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0       BEGIN      ' My update statement here  ...

Error 8114 (rc -1) : Error converting data type varchar to n
Hi PBers, I'm using PB 6.5.1 build 1278 and MS SQL Server 7. I have 2 views: CREATE view V772EVEN as ( SELECT SQ_EVT, DE_TIT_EVT, dt_ini_evt, dt_fim_evt, cd_spr_rsp, convert(decimal(7),right(mt_rsp_evt,6)) as 'mt_rsp_evt' FROM drhu772..t772even WHERE sq_evt > 199800000 ) create view dbo.V772PEVT as ( SELECT sq_evt, convert(decimal(7),right(sq_aln,6)) as 'mt_epg' FROM drhu772..T772PEVT WHERE tp_aln = 0 and upper(left(...

Varchar to numeric error!
  Hi, As I try to run the following C# code I get an error reading "Error converting data type varchar to numeric". What is the esiest solution to solve this problem? obejct ResultValue;                           // ResultValue is of type object ResultValue = cmd.ExecuteScalar();  //The code stops running here. (cmd is a command object.) The problem will be in the select statement paste here all the code to help u. Don't for...

Help needed: arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric
Hi, I have a SQL server 2005 db. The table structure (from big list of columns, only decimal columns I mentioned) below.  CREATE TABLE [Product].[MetricMeasures](    [MetricMeasureID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,    [ProductID] [int] NOT NULL,    [ProductSizeValue] [decimal](4, 2) NULL,    [ItemWeightValue] [decimal](3, 3) NULL,    [MasterCartonWeightValue] [decimal](3, 3) NULL,    [MasterCartonVolumeValue] [decimal](4, 4) NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_MetricMeasures] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( &nbs...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

"Syntax Error Converting varchar to int" in a column that is datatype=varchar
In my .NET application, I'm getting the following error: Syntax error converting the varchar value 'Me' to a column of data type int. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Syntax error converting the varchar value 'Foo' to a column of data type int.Source Error: Line 19647: System.ComponentModel.Design.HelpKeywordAttribute("vs.data.Table...

Web resources about - error converting varchar to numeric - asp.net.sql-datasource

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...