Error 0: Syntax error or Access violation

Hi,

I'm writing a stored procedure and when I click on the Check Syntax button its giving me the error in the subject. I'm not really sure whats wrong with this. Here is my Stored Procedure code. Any help wud be appreciated.

CREATE PROC CabsSchedule_Insert
{
@JulianDate smallint,
@SiteCode smallint,
@CalendarDay smallint,
@BillPeriod smallint,
@WorkDay smallint,
@CalDayBillRcvd varchar(30),
@Remarks varchar(50)
}
AS
INSERT INTO CabsSchedule
(JulianDate, SiteCode, CalendarDay, BillPeriod, WorkDay, CalDayBillRcvd, Remarks)
VALUES
(@JulianDate, @SiteCode, @CalendarDay, @BillPeriod, @WorkDay, @CalDayBillRcvd, @Remarks)

Thanks,
Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79

check the datatypes of the columns and the values that you are trying to put into them.  other than that i dont see anything else.  you might also want to check this if you havent already.

hth
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
8/1/2004 11:19:43 PM
Hi Dinakar,

Thanks for the reply. I got this thing to work. I'm not really sure how SQL Server behaves if I had an extra space inbetween my proc but removing the flower brackets ({) and
adjusting the CabsSchedule in the insert statement right beside the field names did the trick.

CREATE PROC CabsSchedule_Insert
@JulianDate smallint,
@SiteCode smallint,
@CalendarDay smallint,
@BillPeriod smallint,
@WorkDay smallint,
@CalDayBillRcvd varchar(30),
@Remarks varchar(50)
AS
INSERT INTO
CabsSchedule(JulianDate, SiteCode, CalendarDay, BillPeriod, WorkDay, CalDayBillRcvd, Remarks)
VALUES
(@JulianDate, @SiteCode, @CalendarDay, @BillPeriod, @WorkDay, @CalDayBillRcvd, @Remarks)

Thanks again!
Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79

Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation
EAS 3.61 C2 with PB 7.03 components, datawindows and nvo's. Powerdynamo 3.5.2. ODBC connection cache that works. This is an application port from a NT 4.0 server to a Window 2000 Server. The whole application works fine, through CORBA and 7 NVO's with at least 20 other datawindows that I have tested. The ONLY offending datawindow causing 'Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation ' is called from a browser **************************************************************************** ********* dwB...

MS SQL 7.0 -> "Syntax error or access violation" w/DW arg
I'm just switching to MS SQL 7.0 (with PB 6.5.1). I'm connecting using the ODBC drivers installed from the MS SQL 7.0 CD. I have noticed that when I pass an argument to a datawindow where the argument is used in the SELECT clause, I get: [37000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation In its simplest form, the DW data source is: SELECT :RetArg FROM MyTable RetArg is defined as a string. Trying it as a string array yields a different error ("String data, right truncation"). Anybody know how to get around this? Please tr...

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

VWD 2008 Express Error 42000 MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver mysqld-5.0.22 error in SQL Syntax
This is driving me a bit mad now trying to get this fixed. Have downloaded and install the mysql connector 5.2.0, have managed to connect fine to the database using ODBC, Can connect ok to the database in Access 2008 and see data.In Visual Web Developer Express 2008 have managed to connect to the database ok, can see all the tables there. However when adding the SqlDataSource and configure, will connect ok, However in the configure the Select Statement it doesn't retreive any of the columns in the specify columns from a table or view. If I do a specify a customer SQL Statement ...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

syntax error access violation
sir, i am using powerbuilder ver 10.5.1 build 6602 database MS Server 2005, when i make use of the statement example : datetime l_saldate update salarys set act_basic=(select basic_salary from emps where emps.emp_no=salarys.emp_no) where salary_date=:l_saldate; i am getting SYNTAX ERROR OR ACCESS VIOLATION. HELP ME WHAT TO DO NOW. if i hard code the date workikng fine. I don't know MS Sql well, but I'd imagine you have to format the datetime from powerbuilder to match what they're expecting. Also, I assume you are setting it to some value? Jim <nizam>...

Syntax Error or Access Violation
We are changing our backend from Sybase SQL to MS SQL. I am having problems with datawindow SQL code. I get Error 37000 Syntax Error or Access Violation when I do a retrieve. I am using ODBC drivers to access the DB. Help!!! Select last_name from employee where exists (select * from business_group where groupname = 'Software'); This is just a sample. I have noticed any select statement that has a subquery in it, has the same problem. Just a thought... try changing select *... to select <colname>. HTH -EGM Henry C. Hester <columbia_md.hhester@sdps.o...

Syntax Error or Access Violation
Have a DW, having SQL with a Union with a retrieval arguement, apparently in the DW Painter (IDE), whenever I click the Retrieve Button and enter a value to Retrieve Data, gives me this error, but in the code and assigning this DW to a DS, works great, any idea why I keep getting this error in the IDE ? PB 9 and MS SQL Server. Any help is appreciated. begin 666 Clipboard01.gif M1TE&.#EAC@%>`/<```0"!*2.%$R:E,3&%%Q.#)S";.KB! 0"3)SJE 1.E 0F M3.3B),S*).32!/OR!'2:;&12-$PF!,S*S+2B! 0F;$R:W 0"+/SB% 0";.S2 M%*RJG.C:!-RR!.K"!._J!...

Server error NET 2.0 : parser error
hi,I am getting the following server error in the browser when running c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mukera2\default.aspx :------------------Server Error in '/mukera2' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Alex.Global'.Source Error: Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" In...

error invalid datasource in sql anywhere 7.0, using pb7.0 desktop.
I am working with a client. I had them load pb7.0 desktop to do pipeing(merging) of some databases. I had previously created these databases using sql studio 7.03. on my computer, sent it to them, had them load pb 7.0 now when he tries to go into dbprof in pb and set up a profile to connect to the database he gets. "Invalid or Unsupported Datasource 'CSG'. Could not connect to the database. He is on windows98. We installed sql anywhere6.0 from the pb disk, reinstalled sql anywhere 7.03 and still couldn't get to the databse.We can get to it using sybase central wi...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Web resources about - Error 0: Syntax error or Access violation - asp.net.sql-datasource

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation (CP standing for Charge Parity ) is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry (or Charge conjugation Parity ...

Microsoft Attacks Google for Privacy violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore MichalSpocko's photos on Flickr. MichalSpocko has uploaded 24 photos to Flickr.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez Denounces Civil Rights Violations in Puerto Rico - YouTube
February 16, 2011 - Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL-4) spoke out against the Puerto Rican government's campaign to silence student protestors and ...

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

William sees red over second paparazzi violation
William sees red over second paparazzi violation

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

'Violation and betrayal': Low pay offer hurt ADF's fighting edge, say ADFA academics
Miserly pay approach potential threat to 'operational success', academics argue.

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.