Each user as database user

Good day!
I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider.

Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user.
Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...

 Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?

0
triggered
8/1/2007 4:19:25 PM
It is not.

I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again.

Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual database is made for ONE company. But I need more of them in the web application.
Easy way how to do this is to create tables for each user. Usual dbo.Something will be user.Somethig for each user.
If you fire SELECT * FROM Something, it always goes against YOUR me.Something.

Elsewhere I would need to remake whole database and each upgrade would have to be made twice for desktop (one-company) databse and for mine.

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Hi when i try and open a database in sql server management studio i get the error "Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)", what can i do to rectify this, i have googled around and still havent found no answers. Which authentication mode is your Sql Server configured - MixedMode, Windows Authentication or Sql Server Authentication? Please refer to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351.aspx and http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx    Ple...

How to authenticate users using user login and password stored in SQL database?
Hi. I have a DetailsView with Bound Fields "Login" and "Password". This informations are stored in SQL database. How to solve such authorization? How to compare password stored in database against passowrd typed by user? Is this a good idea to use CustomValidator control to write some checking procedure?. Regards. Pawel. When you click the login button. Perform a select query to your database that gets the password for the given loginname. Then compare the two passwords. Good luck!Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful rep...

How to authenticate users using user login and password stored in SQL database?
Hi. I have a DetailsView with Bound Fields "Login" and "Password". This informations are stored in SQL database. How to solve such authorization? How to compare password stored in database against passowrd typed by user? Is this a good idea to use CustomValidator control to write some checking procedure?. Regards. Pawel. A custom validator control probably isn’t the best choice to validate the user password.  Typically websites avoid acknowledging that the username is in the system if the password is incorrect.  I’d take a look at the ASP.Net Membership Provider.  You can cr...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Prime user database of a deleted user
I have several prime user databases on our Post Offices that are owned by user's who have been deleted from GroupWise. Is there a way I can force GroupWise to delete or drop these databases from the system? I am seeing a lot of D101 user not found errors on the POA's, and I think it is related to these left over PU databases. Can I just delete the PU files? If there is no way to drop these databases from the system, at the very least is there a way for me to determine the sharee(s) of the PU? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- piggotl -----------------...

User comments on user database catalogs
Hi all. How best do I include comments on the purpose / meaning of columns and tables within a Sybase user database? Is it 'safe' for instance to add a column for comments to table 'syscolumns' in database 'model' and existing user databases? My ultimate aim is to have these comments included within DataArchitect / PowerDesignor PDM files created using the reverse engineering function. Thanks for any response. Steven - Notes RDMS: Sybase ASE v11.5 Server OS: NT Server Enterprise v4 (SvP 5) Steven, Its not possible to alter system tables, you may...

Script/Procedure to Users in User Databases
Hi Folks, I am running the below script/procedure to find the "sysusers" from each USER DATABASE, but somehow the script doesn't recognize the @<variable>..sysusers and it throws error "Incorrect syntax near '@DBSName'." Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks ! ========================== CREATE PROC getsysusers AS BEGIN CREATE TABLE #Results (Instance_Name varchar (50), Database_Name varchar (50), name varchar (20), suid int, uid int) SET NOCOUNT ON declare @DBSName varchar(50) select @DBSName = '' wh...

I have two schema in user database, How can i dump the user database schema name?
Respected, gurus I'm working on ASE 15.0.2 DB. I have two separate user schema in my ACUTE database 1. EASY_BANK :It store normal master and treansaction table 2. EASY_BANK_LOB :It store images and photos when i dump the acute database then dump file contain all the object(two schema easy_bank and easy_bank_lob) in the acute database My problem : I want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK_LOB. I also want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK. same way , can i restore the data which is onl...

Map AD user to Sql user
Hi, I have a user repository in Active Directory as well as in SQL Server and both are in sync initially. But, whenever any change occurs or a new user added to AD I need to sync that change with Sql server table. how can I map AD user to SQL user. Does AD associates an ID for the user so that I can map that to my user table in SQL server? Please help me in resolving this issue. Synchronization of user accounts is an art in itself. You should check MIIS (MS Identity Integration Server) for doing things like this - it was built with this in mind. If you want to do this yourself,...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances.
 When I am in Visual Studio 2005, and I try to add an SQL database, I get the following error "generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances." I am currently using SQL server 2005 Express. What do I need to do, to create an SQL database? Thanks in advance.  Execute this statement:sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1; RECONFIGURE  You can execute it either from Management Studio for SQL Express (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/) or from Visual St...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

Adding users manually to the mySQL user database
I have Bugzilla successfully installed... for the most part. However, considering I don't have shell access to the system it is on, I can't run checksetup.pl to add username and password for the superuser (I can run it for text-only output though). Server Configuration: OS: FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p24 Perl: Perl 5.8.3, with all modules installed {took me about 2 weeks to get the provider of the server to install them, but they are installed} Webserver: Apache 1.3 Database: mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16 I have access to the database via phpMySql. Thank you ahead of...

Server user id is not a valid user in database
Good afternoon, I just restored a database and am receiving the following error [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Server user id 4 is not a valid user in database Is there a system function or stored procedure or some other SQL that I can use to fix this issue - or do I have to create the master logins and redo the restore. Thanks in advance. Whatty There is no magic wand... This is for the experienced dba. If you have a copy of master..syslogins in bcp native format then restore that too. You may need to delete most logins except sa & pr...

Web resources about - Each user as database user - asp.net.sql-datasource

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

EFF confirms that the DEA has deleted its phone call database
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the NSA's massive surveillance program had a precursor: the Drug Enforcement Administration's USTO, which ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database