Do the fields in a Table Adapter have to exactly match the fields of the Data Table?

When I add a new Table Adapter to a Data Table I get the following error:

The new command text returns data with schema different from the schema of the main query....

 I'm using less fields than the Table Adapter used so I'm guessing that is bad and I should just create a new Data Table for my needs. Is that true?

Thanks.

0
AkAlan

Detailsview fields contain data from a table and then insert a new record in the table using that same data.
Hi Good Day,I have a detailsview that is getting data from a db, so the fields in the detailsview is already populated with data from the db; however I want to be able to change data in anyone of the fields and then insert a new record in the table in my db. ?Inorder to get the detailsview populated with data from my db i make the D.V by default mode 'edit' however when i do that and change data the existing data changes and i dont' want this i want a new record to be inserted. It i put the detailsview default mode to be insert the fields are blank and i don't want it.&n...

Create access table using sql table field
 hi friends , i need create mdb file with table and data , the data will come from sql server 2005 table , for example i have table employee table contain some fields like name mobile number and others ,, now i  need to create access mdb file with table and data , data is mobile numbers of employee(just only one field) ,  i m using ASP.net C# 2.0, plz help me yarTHANKS FOR ADVANCE     Hello Raghavendra,                          &nbs...

How to define field attribute for a numeric field in SQL table?
I need create a field to store tax rate. I need only 2 decimal points. I defined the field as decimal, precision=5 and scale=2. Does it mean that it can hold value from 0.00 to 999.99? Actually, it should be able to hold from -999.99 through 999.99. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question True... here comes my really problem. My aspx form always does rounding for me while I update the table. If I enter 0.7 it will become 0 in the table. If I enter 2.7 it will become 3 in the table. What is the trick? You'll have to show us your code surrounding th...

How To -- Update Field In #Temp Table With Result From SQL Statement Inside Field
I have a stored procedure that creates a #Temp table.  In this #Temp table, I have a combination of fields with normal data (such as account number, title, etc) and I also have some fields that are "calculated" fields. The "calculated" fields are generated by making a call to our SQL Server Functions that produce and return the literal SQL needed to arrive at the calculated amounts.  So, when my stored procedure first runs, it populates the fields that have the function calls with literal SQL that, when executed, will produce the "calculated" amou...

How to pull data into a datagrid from the same table, 2 fields, and display them as 1 field in the SqlDataSource?
Hi, Im trying to pull data from 2 fields in the same table into a SqlDataSource that feeds into a GridView, and display them as 1 field in GridView? I have a database table that has entries of users and their friends. so this tblFriendUser has a column called UserName and another column called FriendUserName. I am trying to get a list of friends for that particular user. Note that if User1 initiated the friend request, he will be listed as UserName and his friend as FriendUserName, but if his friend initiated the friend request, it will be vice versa: him being the FriendUserName...

Dynamic Data Entities
I created both a Dyanmic Data Entities and Linq to SQL Web site.  I have an autonumber primary key in my SQL database.  The Linq to SQL Model handles data inserts fine, the Entities Model does not handle this and I actually have to provide the sequential number in my data entry form when inserting a new record.   I would like to know how developers who use Dynamic Data Entities Web Sites handle this? Thank you.  Use ScaffoldColumn(false) to hide the PK. Rick -ASP.Net UE  My DD Blog  DD FAQ I am reading about this now.  Thank you. Will valida...

Database triggers - SQL Server
I would like to ensure data integrity in a column (actually multiple columns will need a trigger) in my table(s) by setting up a trigger which allows an update of my database field only if the value which is being written to the field in the database exists in another column (in another "check" table).eg. I only want values "Yes", "No" or "" in many of my fields, which I store in a column named "YesNoBlank" in another table.Does anyone know the easy way to do this? / Syntax for the trigger? Why not use PK/FK instead of trigger? I ...

How to match the exact characters in a data field in SQL 2005 Developer
Could anyone help of how to match the exact characters in a data field in SQL 2005 Developer. For example, if one has a password "GooD", then when he or she enters "GOOD", "good", etc, the database will not match the password. And he or she must enter the exact characters, which is "GooD". Thanks. Hi There, The article below explain how to achieve the requirement you needed: http://vyaskn.tripod.com/case_sensitive_search_in_sql_server.htm Hope it helps!DC517Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Th...

Inserted records missing in sql table yet tables' primary key field has been incremented.
I have a sql sever 2005 express table with an automatically incremented primary key field. I use a Detailsview to insert new records and on the Detailsview itemInserted event, i send out automated notification emails. I then received two automated emails(indicating two records have been inserted) but looking at the database, the records are not there. Whats confusing me is that even the tables primary key field had been incremented by two, an indication that indeed the two records should actually be in table.  Recovering these records is not abig deal because i can re-enter them but ia...

How to match the exact characters in a data field in SQL 2005 Developer #2
Could anyone help of how to match the exact characters in a data field in SQL 2005 Developer. For example, if one has a password "GooD", then when he or she enters "GOOD", "good", etc, the database will not match the password. And he or she must enter the exact characters, which is "GooD". Thanks. Try This select * from tbl_Users where convert(varbinary(4), UserPassword) = convert (varbinary(4), @Password) and convert(varbinary(4), UserName) = convert (varbinary(4), @UserName)Jared RobertsLead Application Developer Many thanks. It wroks. C...

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

print data in Table using data field borders
Dear experts   I have to deploy my Web project ASAP and unable to solve this problem,   I want to put borders in data fields so data can be displayed as a table , i used borders for data fields it has these probems -it ends when data finish and grows to multiples lines ( if one field in a row grow other stay same) -doesn't show border if no data   * I could not find any control which works like Table of SSRS.   Please Help ASAP   Regards RS Simply use tables for displaying your data.Something like this:<table style="width: 97%; b...

is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table
Ok I have a table that have general categories with just name and CatNo. Now what I want to know is when I create a client to move all the data in general categories to another table called categories that have the clientid to associate it with the client. I would appreciate for any help what is your question here??Shravan Addaypally MCP...

Web resources about - Do the fields in a Table Adapter have to exactly match the fields of the Data Table? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Adapter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An electrical adapter may enable connection of a socket used in one region to a plug used in another by offering connections for the disparate ...

AC Adapter - Replacement Laptop AC Adapters
Online shopping for laptop ac adapters at the best price.Buy cheap ac adapters for your laptop computer.

M3 Adapter
Update the firmware of the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 card to support running in new 3DS (Ver. 4.1.0-8E, Ver. 4.1.0-8J, Ver. 4.1.0-8U) and DSi (Ver 1.4.4E, ...

Bluetooth RFCOMM / SDP connection to a RS232 adapter in android
The Android API provides examples of using listenUsingRfcommWithServiceRecord() to set up a socket and createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord() to ...

Mac App Store - Power Adapter Alarm
Get Power Adapter Alarm on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iPhone 4 Bumper + Universal Dock w/ DIY Adapter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You cannot use the iPhone 4 dock with the bumpers on. One solution is to use the universal dock without an adapter. This is not an optimal solution, ...

FINsix Compact Laptop Adapter at CES 2014 - Engadget - YouTube
Fed up with your bulky laptop power adapters? MIT spin-off FINsix has come up with a breakthrough technology that dramatically reduces both the ...

Apple's iPhone 5 'Lightning' adapters will retail for $35 and $45, not available until October
Apple's decision to change the iPhone 5's dock connector means you'll need an adapter or two.

Travel tips: Do I need to pack a travel adapter?
Today's travellers have flown the nest of cords and plastic bits, but there is one essential gadget that cannot be underestimated.

Microsoft unveils Chromecast-like Wireless Display Adapter
Microsoft has put its spin on Google's Chromecast with a device that lets people mirror what's on their PC, laptop or smartphone wirelessly onto ...