default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,

 I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password.

I tryed to create new password then also it gives error

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Here I have used asp.net login control and membership class. Do I need to make nay changes in code.

I have already modified server name in connection string in web config file.

any one can say what is the problem and how to solve this.

thanks

Pat

0
patfat

hi boy,

Follow these steps to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration.
2. On the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration page, click Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections.
3. On the Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections page, expand Database Engine, click Remote Connections, click Local and remote connections, click the appropriate protocol to enable for your environment, and then click Apply.

Note : Click OK when you receive the following message:
Changes to Connection Settings will not take effect until you restart the Database Engine service.
4. On the Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections page, expand Database Engine, click Service, click Restart, wait until the MSSQLSERVER service stops, and then to restart the MSSQLSERVER service.

You can get more details from : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

My blog is here.

Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
ivanatanasov

Web resources about - default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server - asp.net.sql-datasource

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...