database mail - smtp relay server configuration using a public mail smtp server

 hello,

i want to configure database mail on sql server 2005 for sending email alerts

(i think everything is ok on the sql server config)

the problem is about the smtp virtual server on the iis

can someone tell me how should i config this one

thanks

0
tudorb

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

SQL Server instance Error
Hi Guys, I created a default website in VS2008 & dragged in a webpartmanager into the div section (i was going to have a play with creating web parts). I tried to preview the default page to seeif it runs but i get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite1' Application. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - E...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

mail tansfer to a public free mail provider from company email server, with 1000's mails
Hi, my collegue leaving the company. he is now using company email server, with 1000's mails in inbox/sent etc etc. he want to transfer this mail to his laptop to read later using microsoft outlook/ or tansfer to a public free mail provider(google/yahoo ..), how can we do it programatically using asp.net/vb.net I have access to the compny mail server (ok relay allowed) thanks in advanceRegards,God Bless India NEVER FORGET TO MARK THIS AS ANSWER IF HELPFUL, THUS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO....

Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server?
I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA). We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain (expdisc.com) What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the intended recipient does not exist. Please help!!! Hi, Simple solution is to ...

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

How to configure sql server mail ?
Hi, pls tell me how to configure sql server mail.  Check following Linkhttp://www.sql-server-performance.com/articles/dba/email_functionality_p1.aspx  Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U Maybe the following walkthrough will helphttp://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid87_gci1322429,00.html Run the following commands on the database wherein you would like to enable mailing service:- sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1;GORECONFIGURE;GOsp_configure 'Ole Automation Procedures', 1;GORECONFIGURE;Please remem...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server
I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server. The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy. The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine. My issue and question: Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy server? Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set for the Mozilla browser. thx, -Martin ...

can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server
I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server. The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy. The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine. My issue and question: Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy server? Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set for the Mozilla browser. thx, -Martin Martin wrote: > I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and...

Web resources about - database mail - smtp relay server configuration using a public mail smtp server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...