Creating a .NET Stored Procedure in Sql Server 2005 Express Edition

Could somebody tell me how do we create a .NET Stored Procedure in Sql Server 2005 Express Edition and deploy and debug it against the database from Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer?  Can some one also let me know which approach is faster among .NET stored procedure or T-SQL stored procedure?

Regards...

Shashi Kumar Nagulakonda.

Shashi Kumar Nagulakonda
Xinthe Technologies
0
Shashi

I can't help you with the first question.

The answer to the second question is obviously it depends.  As far as I know (and I know very little about .NET sps), given the same task, the T-SQL sp should execute faster.  Now that doesn't preclude that yes, you can write a really bad T-SQL sp that performs worse than a well written .NET sp, but as far as I know the .NET sp's work on sets of data very similiarly to a cursor, and therefore will experience the same speed (or lack thereof).  Not to mention the overhead of loading the .NET runtime into memory, and doing all the jitting.  Then again, some things would be much easier in .NET because T-SQL isn't a full programming language, so the .NET sps have a much greater versitality.

Again, I have actually no experience with using, writing, or debugging .NET sp's.  If someone more knowledgable wants to chime in, please do so.

0
Motley

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

SQL server 2005 Express edition and .Net Framework
I am facing some problem in displaying the dynamic contents in the web page. Sometimes it is dispaying the results and sometimes doesn't show the result. we are using SQL Server 2005 express edition as database and .Net framework 3.5 on Windows 2003 server web edition regards, Kumar .K      Hi Kumar, Could you please provide more detail? How do you retrieve and display the data from SQL Server? Are there any error messages when it fails? Since the application doesn’t show the result at times, I think the connection information is all right and suggest you check t...

VS.net 2003 and SQL server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,  I am a beginner to VS.net.I have VS.net 2003 (IIS 5.1) on a WIndows XP media centre edition. I intend to use SQL server 2005 express edition with it. Is it adviceable? Are there any compatibility issues? I am sorry if this query is too simplistic. thnks sat ...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

Calling a .NET dll from a SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedure
Setup:  I have a C# 2.0 class library that contains certain business logic that is to be triggered by certain database states.  There is a trigger that calls a stored procedure that is working properly (i.e. the stored procedure is being executed). Problem:  I have not yet figured out how to call the dll from the stored procedure.  Does anybody have any tutorials they could point me to or any advice to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help.  So you're seeking for using CLR Integration in SQL2005. You can also take a look at t...

How to copy sql express tables & stored procedures into remote full sql server 2005
Hi all, I am using Visual web developper 2005 with sql server express 2005 and i have also sql server management studio express. it's all free now . my web site is ready I didn't have problem to upload my site to my hoster. Now I want to upload all my tables and my stored procedure create locally with VWD express How can i do it ? NB: I know i can't design DB (create/modify tables and stored proc) with express edition thank's for your help Hi all, I have my all tables and stored procedures on the remote server and my site is working well but it was very hard to. let me ...

Web resources about - Creating a .NET Stored Procedure in Sql Server 2005 Express Edition - asp.net.sql-datasource

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

​When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure