Copy database from one SQL Server to SQL Server Compact edition

I have a SQL script that creates tables and have insert scripts to put data into it. I want to create the table in Compact SE for my mobile device project. I know I can run a script from VS using SMO, but is there some other way? I have SQL Server Express 2008 installed.

From VS itself is there a way to create my tables with data in SQL Server Compact?

(Donald Knuth)
0
Naom

 In Studio 2008 you can use the Server Explorer to create a connection to an SQL Server 3.5 Compact Edition File, and run queries against it just like you would a normal SQL Server Database (That CE supports)

Is that what you are looking for?

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
4/18/2009 1:42:03 AM

I'm looking for a way to access the SQL Server CE from regular SSMS so I can run .sql file in the convenient environment.

(Donald Knuth)
0
Naom
4/20/2009 1:34:12 AM

How far have you been into the CE with SSMS? Have you got access to it? I can do simple creation query in the query window with the way Kevin mentioned, but I am running into syntax issues while loading data into the table. Don't know much about it.

Limno

0
limno
4/20/2009 10:06:29 PM

It turns out to be quite simple - all I had to do is to select Compact Edtion in the list of the servers. I don't know why I always have to choose the most complicated route for everything. My colleague already created a database .SDF, I just copied it to my local drive and I'm able to access it OK from SSMS.

Now, I'm back to trying to figure out what should I do next - study MereMortals framework?

(Donald Knuth)
0
Naom

how can I copy the entire database from one sql server to another sql server?
How can I copy the entire database (all the objects from one database to another database)? thanks in advance. Use DTS (right click on a database in Enterprise Manager, select All Tasks, and then Import or Export, as appropriate). You can also back up the database and then restore on the other server.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi Douglas, Thanks for your post. I was looking at the Database Copy Wizard. But it says my local system does not have the permission to copy files over the network. I looked over some tuturials and changed ...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server?
 In my application scenario, there is a single web server hosting my ASP.Net application. If I buy a 'single device CAL'  for SQL Server database, will that be ok in this situation since only one device (i.e. the machine hosting the IIS web server) is going to access the SQL Server database?sun21170 No, that won't be enough.http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlserverlicensing.mspx  -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --...

SQL Server Database File vs SQL Server Database -VWD Express
VWD Express 2008, SQL Server Express 2005. I have been using SQL Server Express with ASP and VB for some years - I just create a DB in Management Studio Express, have SQL Server set to 'SQL Server and Windows authentication', and use a connection string with 'sa' and a password (I never have managed to get it working with 'integrated security', but that is probably irrelevant to this post). So I have a list of DB's attached to SQL Server that I can see, attach, detach etc in MSE. I am getting started with .NET. Working through a VWD Express book tutori...

Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition vs Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition
I have just installed sql server 2005 but, now I have two types of server name: Microsoft SQL Server Developer EditionMicrosoft SQL Server Express Edition Which one should I use? Does it matter??thanks..  Hello, Check SQL Server 2005 Features Comparison: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

How to copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2
I have 2 SQL Server. I need copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2.  Does someone know how to do it? Please help! In Enterprise Manager, right click on the table, go to "All Tasks", "Export Data", then follow the steps in the wizard....

Restoring a SQL Server 2005 database into SQL Server 2000
Hey guys  We currenlty have SQL Server 2000 installed inhouse for testing.  A client has given us a backup of their 2005 database and i'm wondering if the restore will work into 2000, or any issues i should be aware of. Should i just install msde locally on my machine and restore the database?  thanks Hi,Ask your client to backup database as 2000 format. There is an option for this in Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. Then download MSSMSE and install for yourself and try to restore database from it.If database doesn't use any 2005 features (rowcount for exampl...

How to convert a SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server Express
Hi, I have a SQL Server 2005 Database that I would like to export to SQL Server Express. How do I go about this? I've tried backing it up, creating a new (blank) SQL Server Express Database and trying to restore it, but get the following message: TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'PRODSOL-LAPTOP1\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOp...

Web resources about - Copy database from one SQL Server to SQL Server Compact edition - asp.net.sql-datasource

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.