connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server

I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks.

0
super598

SQL Express

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Hi,I have a asp web application, where i use sql server 2005 as backend. This application generates reports . Before i was using SQL Server 2000, now its migrated to 2005. When i generate report for small date range then it works fine. But when the date range is big then around half of the report is generated and the following error is thrown. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...out.asp, line 405  Am sure the webcode is working fine and am connecting to the Da...

SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server?
I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as SQL Anywhere 7. Are there any problems involved with this? Thanks, -- Don Marchlenski Information and Technology Services Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark Should be OK assuming that the machine has sufficient bandwidth/resources for the total load of the two databases. /ck "Don Marchlenski" <march@newark.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message news:3B704488.8176A5F5@newark.ohio-state.edu... > I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the ...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

SQL Server Express Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]
HiI'm a complete sql/asp.net newbie and want to try this tutorial:http://beta.asp.net/GuidedTour/First I installed:Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2systemsettings\software shows the "sql server 2005 express edition ctp (sqlexpress)" installedmmc\service shows me the SQL Server (SQLExpress) is runningFollowing the guided tour I use the commandline, type cmd, and type in the commandbox: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\SQLCMD90" -S "localhost\SqlExpress"Instead of localhost I also tried computername.smallbusiness.local (thats my fully dom...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

Web resources about - connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...