Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Facts:

1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.

2. I can get into my db using user id and password.

3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string:

connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &
db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword

4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _
                    "Trusted_Connection=False providerName=System.Data.SqlClient"

{password **** out}

5. Get error message

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I tried to email Godaddy's help desk with this information.

There first response: We do not allow remote connections to our sql server database.

There second response was to read the help file!

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

bswanson

0
bswanson

Finally, I did get a tech support who would give me an ear. He got this script from his tech support to test my connection:

mssqltest.aspx

 <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %>
<%
Dim oSQLConn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection()
oSQLConn.ConnectionString ="Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=*****;database=DB_87972;"
try
    oSQLConn.Open()
catch dag as exception
    response.write(dag.message)
End try
Response.write("Connection Open!")
%>

Now we know we are connecting to sql server!

The next issue I realized that I was facing is that the code on the server was not recompiling. It was on the 1.1 framework running on asp.net 2.0.

The code was upgraded to asp.net 2.0 and uploaded again. Still it bombed. In an effort to get it working the debugger was turned on.

The next problem turned out to be in the <compilers> . The compiler option is not allowed. After deleting this code:

compilerOptions="/define:Debug=True /define:Trace=True /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Collections,System.Configuration,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.Web,System.Web.UI,System.Web.UI.HtmlControls,System.Web.UI.WebControls"

out of the compilers, it worked!

On my local machines, I have not had trouble with recompiling. But on Godaddy, it did not recompile.

Hope this can  help someone. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Bswanson

0
bswanson

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
  Hi Friends, Im using .Net2008 and MS SQL Server2005, I Have a web application , i want to connect to the server machine SQL Server,  When i run the application im getting the following error. Im trying to connect to the database from local machine application to server machine database   An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Cou...

this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi ,       I am struck with one issue.Plz help me out if you have any solution for this one. Details Front End - Visual Studio 2005 Back End -SQL Server 2000 (Remote database)  Error i am getting is {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) &nb...

SQL Server Express Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]
HiI'm a complete sql/asp.net newbie and want to try this tutorial:http://beta.asp.net/GuidedTour/First I installed:Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2systemsettings\software shows the "sql server 2005 express edition ctp (sqlexpress)" installedmmc\service shows me the SQL Server (SQLExpress) is runningFollowing the guided tour I use the commandline, type cmd, and type in the commandbox: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\SQLCMD90" -S "localhost\SqlExpress"Instead of localhost I also tried computername.smallbusiness.local (thats my fully dom...

SQL Express

(provider: Named Pipes Provider,error: 40
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  I am getting this error and using this connection string Data Source=192.168.0.100;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=ENet;User ID=eonline;Password=eonline; What can be solution for this. you check if its firewall issue?James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD see thing is that it is working gud but when my application con...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
One issue has got me stuck while getting to build  an application (ASP.NET).  Whenever I try to connect to SQL Server 2005 (installed on local host) using Visual Web Developer 2005 Databse Explorer, I get the following error message: "An error has occured while establishing a connection to the server. when connection to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - could not open a connection to SQL Server)" NB:  - on SQL Servers' Surface Area ...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi all Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to reslve the Connection Issue? Please See this link : http://www.sabapvc.com/lule.aspx Any help greatly would be appreciated. Regards.  Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!! It's dissappeard... for an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' exception. But with to less information to solve this one “If something can go wrong, it will” Hi friend My problem has been resolved successfully. but still i don't know HOW? Problem was due to My connection string !!! Thank you for spending time ...

(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
 Hi guys, does anyone know why I am getting this error w Godaddy, in my local envieronment works fine  "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)" my connection string is: <connectionStrings><add name="xxxxxxx"connectionString="server=p3swhsql-v21.shr.ph3.secur...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi,    I am working on VS 2005 and using SQL 2005 Express and i am processing excel files and inserting records in data base as i processing starts and almost after processing 600 i got this error provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server. how can i solve that thanx   imran akhtar hafeez Hi manaprime, Please refer to the following comments to solve your problem.     First suggestion is to make sure that you specifiy the instance name as well as the server name (christ k...

aspnet_regsql problems - Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Im currently running Visual Studio 2008 on Windows Server 2008 and I keep running into problems with the aspnet_regsql tool. As Far as I know I've created all the exceptions and added my admin account to all the SQL server groups however I keep running into the same problems. The error is below: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is co...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
hi all, Have a gud day to you... the following error was thrown when establishing the connection.. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settingsSQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) i can show some sample code also... Conn.Open()ViewState("ConnectionString") = ConnectionStringPage.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "MyMessageBoxScript&q...

(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
I've just posted mywebsite andthis error keep being trhrown as soon as I access the DB I dont understand what is going on and if I dont get it working bu today will delivery date will expire and I will get in trouble... So anyone knows what is going on It says the following: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server...

Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
I get this error when I try and log into my SQL Server 2005 database:  "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)" Does any one have solutions please reply. thanks & regards     Priya.  Try this blog post of troubleshooting steps:http://blo...

Web resources about - Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) - asp.net.sql-datasource

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting to Community Graduation YouTube 1080p - YouTube
(Sioux Falls, S.D.) Forty-six seniors have graduated from trying to find the power button to now being avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr ...