Connecting to Sql database and retrieving one row of data from database

Hi Guys.I am trying to connect to a Sql Database in my application through an object of SqlConnection class,then trying to read data one row at a time through DataRow class and then displaying each column(there are total 3 columns in a row) in three textboxes.Can anyone tell me the code to do so?

0
yogiarchie

Reffer this link for connecting with sql server and also with Insert update Delete and select statements

http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/09/Parameterized-Queries-ADONet.aspx

Best Regards

life is name of learning!
Rameezwaheed

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

How to Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database to Another system sqldatabase
hi friend i m new in programmin so. how to  Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database  to Another system sqldatabase .   regards bharat bharat_asp83:how to  Connect Sql Server2005 one system sql database  to Another system sqldatabase . Are you trying for something like Linked Server ? Thanks,Dhimant Trivedi"When the going gets tough, tough gets going.""Mark as Answer" the post(s) which helped you solve the problem...

retrieve selected data from SQL database using vb.net
I already watch the video in the vb.net express to learn about the data binding. But the problem that i face is when i want to retrieve certain data from the database. the video just show how to fill and update. who ever know the code to retrieve the selected row from the SQL database using vb.net 2005????? thanks do u want to retrive a particular cell or a particular row from the database?what control do you want to bind the retrived value to? thanks Imran NathaniLet the game begin!!Barcode image generation made easy.Writing an ActiveX Control in C#Generating Relational Data From XML D...

inserting more than one data row from repeater to a table in database(SQL)
i have a repeater control with four datarows each with a check box, now here what i want to do is insert data in a new table for the data row with selected check box. please can any one help? Hi ankitkedia, Here is a sample: <asp:Repeater ID="Repeater1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">        <ItemTemplate>          <table>            <tr>       &nbs...

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

DataSet rows being deleted, but after the update , the sql database is not updated. The delete rows still in the database.
 Stepping thru the code with the debugger shows the dataset rows being deleted.   After executing the code, and getting to the page presentation. Then I stop the debug and start the page creation process again ( Page_Load ).    The database still has the original deleted dataset rows. Adding rows works, then updating works fine, but deleting rows, does not seem to work.   The dataset is configured to send the DataSet updates to the database. Use the standard wizard to create the dataSet.     cDependChildTA.Fill(cDependChildDs._ClientDependentC...

How to create a connection to a sql Database from a database class?
Hello Mate!,                 I have a Database clss and a web form I have just mentioned in the Web config file of the webform for connection string as <configuration> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings>  <add name ="SQL" connectionString="Server=Servername;Database=mydatabase;uid=some user id ;pwd=some password;"/> </connectionStrings ></configuration> and i have just mentioned in a class in which i want to create a connecti...

retrieving data from SQL database
hi, any1 knows the coding for retrieving datas from the SQL database? You may check out from here.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?
Hi guys,I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.May I know how can I achieve this?Thanks.Regards,Jenson Hi Jenson, Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way. Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Suppo...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

connecting to a sql database and display the fields within database
I am getting an error MM:dataset when trying to connect to the database to display fields in a table. can anyone help. I get this error. Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The server tag is not well formed. Source Error: ...

Can connect to Database, but how do I insert values into SQL Database?
I was able to connect to the SQL Database Pension with table clients with table values: ID, State, Name.'Create(connection)Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString)'open connectionconn.Open()However, I'm not sure how to insert a new row with an incremental ID number and a new State and Name.Sorry, I'm really new with VWD. You need to read about ADO.NET before you do anything. Google it.ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

Web resources about - Connecting to Sql database and retrieving one row of data from database - asp.net.sql-datasource

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...