connect to MS SQL database using visual studio.net failed

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to MS SQL 2000 using visual studio.net in window server 2003.
Clicking the server explorer, connect to database icon, and selecting the provider and so on, when i click on the 'test connection', an error appear indicating :
"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Device activation error. The physical name : c:\MCSDWebapps\Chapter05\vbADOsnippers\Contact.MDF may be incorrect "
Note : I'm connecting to window server 2003 locally i.e I'm working on the same computer i.e server 2003. I've tried in win XP Pro and it work successfully.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
For your info, I'm following the example on the MSPress Book : Developing web application using visual basic.net and visual c#.net 70-305
Thank in advanced.
0
chuapm

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

problem with Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET
I am trying to connect and read the data from the asademo.db database that is used in the document "Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET ". I am using Sql Anywhere v7.0 and MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 with C#. I can connect to the database but I get a 'Specific cas is not valid' exception when I try to run the myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader() line in the demo course. Can anyone tell me why it is not working? I'm getting the same error using V7.0.2.1402. Did you find any solution/workaround? You need a more recent version of the A...

Visual Studio.Net and Visual Database Tools (SQL Server)
I am using Visual Studio.Net and SQL Server 2000 Developer's Edition. When I open VS.Net and try to use the Visual Database Tools with SQL Server 2000 I don't get all the editing options. I can connect to the database fine, read data from all the databases and tables but I don't have options to create new stored procedures or edit existing ones or edit tables, etc. I figure this is a permissions issue but I haven't been able to get it to work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Jason Jason, What edition of VS are you using?--Brian DesmondWindows Server MVP - Directory Servi...

MSDE Visual Studio .NET sql database
Can someone help me out. I have posted this question twice in the database section over a month period and no replies. Please help!! I purchased Visual Studio.NET Professional. It does not come with SQL Server, but as you probably know they give you a link to download the Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE). Here is the exact message from Microsoft: Visual Studio .NET 2003 does not include Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE). You can download and install MSDE from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=13962. Okay, so I downloaded an installed MSDE ...

How to access SQL server when using visual studio.NEt
I use web matrix to create .NEt data base application. I am able to create tables and database on sql server using web matrix. However is there any way to do the same on visual studio .net Shaun You should be able to do this to SQL Server instances that you register with the Server Explorer tab in VS.Net...

Date Times into MS-SQL server database using .Net
I keep getting errors when trying to input a date time string into an MS SQL Server database and i'm begining to loose patience with it. My field is set up as "datetime" field with a length of 8 (bits ?) My sql string to input into that database is tehn concatonated like so (using sql and vb.net).... mystring = "UPDATE tablename SET mydatefield='" & DateTime.Now & "' WHERE id=" & frmid I keep getting the following error.... The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statem...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Create a New SQL Server Database from Within Visual Studio .NET
Hi I am having trouble creating a new database from within visual studio.net. I have this server "compaq" where all the existing databases are stored and now when I am trying to create a new database I am getting a message that says I cannot create a database on this server . Also I am not able to add new tables in the existing databases from within visual studio.net. Infact there is no option as new table when I right click Tables.Infact I cant add anything new from within visual studio.net. I just dont seem to get it. I need help.ThanksNew_bee Sounds like your user doesnt have permission...

connecting a visual studio calender control to a database (sql or MS access)
can any1 help me i am tryin to connect a calender control to a sql or access table, could any1 tell me if this is possible ?   Thanks  Ahmed If you're saving to the DB, you can just get the calendar's value (what is it cal.SelectedDate or something?) and then INSERT INTO your database table with date.ToShortDateString(). This is definitely possible, although it is a bit manual. I have many asp.net calendars filled via data in a database. You need to handle the calendar's DayRender event and then fill each day with any data for that day from your database. He...

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

how to connect sql database(vb.net) to authenticate using login n pwd
Hi there, I am new to programming. Can any one please tell me how to connect to sqldatabase through vb.net. I must use login n password to authenticate the user.. if authenticated i must return true  Please help!! The video How Do I: Set Up the SQL Membership Provider should show you everything you need."Peace is Every Step." -Thich Nhat Hanh Hi there,  Thanks for ur reply. I am using a webservice where i get login n password from client request. I the link u hav provided show how to use login details in asp.net. And they hav used connection string in web co...

Web resources about - connect to MS SQL database using visual studio.net failed - asp.net.sql-datasource

Donald Trump doubles down on fascism, “would certainly implement” Muslim database
In case you thought you had somehow read too much into it when Donald Trump wouldn’t rule out implementing a database of all Muslims in the United ...

Donald Trump: Media Proposed Muslim Database, Not Me
Donald Trump corrected reports from the media that he actually wanted a government database for all Muslim Americans to be registered.

Trump draws criticism for talk of database to track Muslims - Videos - CBS News
The bill challenging President Obama’s plan to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees is headed to the Senate after the House passed the measure Thursday. ...

If You Didn't Think Trump Was A Fascist, Consider His Database Idea
The frontrunner for the Republican nomination thinks it's a fine idea to force Muslims to register for a national database, according to NBC ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump refuses to say how his Muslim database plan differs from Nazi Germany
... blurt out outrageous ideas like forcing American Muslims to register and carry special ID and then back down. No, he sticks with them. A database ...