Cannot connect to SQL Server database using ado.net after IP address has changed

Dear all,

I wasn't able to connect to my SQL server 2000 database (which reside in the network in a windows 2003 server) after the IP address of the server has changed and the server is shut down, moved and re-started.
I was able to connect to this server by using ADO using VB. I was able to register this server in my EM and was able to create ODBC connection. Just when using ADO.NET, I wasn't able to connect. Any ideas? Will there be any caching within ADO.NET still pointing to the old IP address?
Thank you for all the help in advance.
0
snoopy11

There are a lot of variable possibilites here - -

are you using the same connection method in all scenarios (Windows/SQL authentication)?
Was the only change the IP address?
Was it working before the change?

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind
5/4/2004 6:55:22 PM
It was working before and I am using the same connection. What will the possible cause?

Thanks in advance.
0
snoopy11
5/4/2004 7:31:00 PM
Have you rebooted your client? Could be the DNS/IP are cached on your client machine and need refreshing???
0
pkr
5/5/2004 12:37:07 PM
I rebooted many many times and still didn't help. Any ideas?
0
snoopy11
5/5/2004 3:30:49 PM
Someone else is having a similar problem. Have you tried using SQLProfiler to see if a connection attempt is been made and rejected or that no attempt has been made. If its the latter then that would point to .net.
0
pkr

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Not able to connect to SQL SERVER using ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL SERVER 2000using VS.Net 2003.I ve configured my LOCAL sql sever to use windows authentication(in enterprise manager) Ths is the connection string i use in ADO.net for connection to the database 'test' in the local server.server=(LOCAL);integrated security = SSPI;database=test;1)This gives the following  error...."Login failed for <user name\ASPNET>"2)Also enteprise manager did not allow me to use sql server authentication.Please helpSat Have you added ASPNET as a user in the database? Hi Satishr23. It is possible that your log-in ac...

Security Error connecting to SQL Server using ADO.net
In our environment, we can successfully connect to SQL server using ADO.net interface, but when we delivered the software to clients, they are having connection errors. Connection parameters all look good. I am not sure what this error is about and unfortunately, the error does not tell much. Thanks in advance for helping me out Below are the details of the error Initial Connection Error Trans Error Code: -1 DBErrorCode:999 DBMS: ADO.Net DB Error Message: System.Security.SecurityException:Request failed. at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OleDbBlock.Connect(String cnnStr,...

problem with Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET
I am trying to connect and read the data from the asademo.db database that is used in the document "Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET ". I am using Sql Anywhere v7.0 and MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 with C#. I can connect to the database but I get a 'Specific cas is not valid' exception when I try to run the myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader() line in the demo course. Can anyone tell me why it is not working? I'm getting the same error using V7.0.2.1402. Did you find any solution/workaround? You need a more recent version of the A...

HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET
Hello, I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application, on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: [Mod] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x Database=pdat_1011 UserId= DatabasePassword= LogPassword= ServerName=denison03 LogId= Lock= DbParm= Prompt=0 dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011 ArchiveFile="" Thanks, LaChandra In the db-profile check out the preview tab. That tells you ...

PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider
I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 build 6044 . Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem? TIA. John Ho. Can you try to provide details of the problem? <John Ho> wrote in message news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database > using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime > on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 > build 604...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

ADO.NET connection to SQL Server
Hi Just installed eval version and cannot connect to SQL Server (get Invalid authorization specification) I'm connecting via trusted connection to local db (Northwind database). Noticed a help comment that I should include Database=Northwind in extended properties. I connected okay to the sample Adaptive demo. Appreciate any advice Alex I think this may be a bug. I'm not able to do it either. Note that when you select the Trusted Connection checkbox, that the syntax view on the preview tab doesn't change. Nor does it change if you explicitly put "Truste...

problems connecting to my SQL server database in .NET
I am able to connect and display data in classic asp just fine, but I cannot connect to my database using ASP.NET. I have tried 2 tutorials on here and neither has worked. They both give me the same error: "Login failed for user 'NASHIE\ASPNET'." I am currently working on this tutorial: http://asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section3/binddatagrid.aspx "Display Data with MxDataGrid" [wmx:SqlDataSourceControl id="SqlDataSourceControl1" runat="server" UpdateCommand="" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Orders]" ConnectionString="...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

creating ssis packagte for sql server to sql serer using C#.net
Hi friendsdoes any one has code or urls which can help me to create the ssis pacakage which will transfer data from sql server to sql server databaseswith some manipulationsthanks so much Lad LaxmikantPune You are probably in the wrong forum.  This forum is for questions relating to ASP.NET Dynamic Data. thanks,David...

Web resources about - Cannot connect to SQL Server database using ado.net after IP address has changed - asp.net.sql-datasource

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Free Red Book: Readings in Database Systems, 5th Edition
For the first time in ten years there has been an update to the classic Red Book , Readings in Database Systems , which offers "readers an opinionated ...