Cannot bulk load because the file "C:\Folder\Import_Feed.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(error not found).

Hi, Ive exported data from an access database into a .txt file which is tab delimeted. I then am trying to import it into SQL using a stored procedure, but receive the error above. Any reason why this would happen ?
0
AxleWack

did you search in google?search with out specifying the file path like below. some links sais its due to permissions, some said if it's in remote system.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=D9w&q=Cannot+bulk+load+because+the+file++could+not+be+opened.+Operating+system+error+code+3(error+not+found)&btnG=Search&meta=

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.
0
ramireddyindia
11/25/2008 12:26:16 PM

Got it sorted thanks. Silly IT techy change the directories I was reading from, so I just saved it the file to the server and read it from there.

Thnx for the help in anycase :)

0
AxleWack

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Unable to open the physical file. Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
PLEASE TELL ME A SOLUTION.... Server Error in '/PS' Application. The '/PS' is virtual directory of Local Host.Unable to open the physical file "G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review th...

Operating system error 5: "5(error not found)"
Im getting an error when I go to load a page after editing (adding extra tables) the aspnetdb database (in both firefox and IE), Visual Web Developer sees the database when I want to edit it and have no problems playing with it, it is just when I go to load the page that im getting a problem, if I delete the aspnetdb.mdf and aspnetdb.ldf files from the App_Data folder and load a page there is not a problem but i need to access these extra tables, im running vwd beta2 and sql express beta 2. There is also no problem when using the "Website->ASP.NET Configuration" app to add new us...

SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "SomeDatabase.db" failed with error code: (38)
SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3831 E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "D:\FHMSL\iFHMS\Data\Feedlot111.db" failed with error code: (38) -- transaction rolled back E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. Error while executing hook procedure sp_hook_dbmlsync_end. Received this error while running a proc during sync. Tried to validate the db in Sybase Central resulting in the same error. I saw the post at http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/b5d958904160e576?fwc=1 and am wondering if th...

"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"
Hi Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the laptop and got the following message: Error code:11004 Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct. Error group: WINSOCK Error code:11004 Anyone know what associated data it is referring to? Thanks in advance -- iangh2 A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not hav...

when i open the word document through .net code "word could not create the work file" error occured
Hi All                 When i open the word 2003 document through vs.net 2005 the following error message occured."Word could not create the work file..check the environment variable" . If any one knows the solution ...please let me know asap.       This article might helphttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31165503/word-could-not-create-the.aspx  Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302629...

"Error loading operating system"
I think I killed it. I was running OpenSuse 11.3 KDE. Installed UNetBootIn and used it to install Zenwalk Core from an iso on my hard drive, to my hard drive. Halfway through the installation, the power goes out. I turn my computer back on. It goes through the Dell screen (F1 for Setup) and then "Error loading operating system." No cd or dvd drive. No floppy drive. BIOS doesn't support booting from USB. I'm screwed, aren't I? I posted this on Zenwalk's forums 'as well' (http://support.zenwalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29047) but I'm hop...

system "dir"; works fine, but system "dir foo.txt" gets an error
Running the script (below) from Bob Showalter brought a problem to surface on this win98se using ActivePerl 560 build 630. The line system "dir foo.txt"; returned "Bad command or file name". foo.txt does exist and I can run dir foo.txt within a dos box just fine. Interestingly to me, system "dir"; worked okay. I guess it just won't take an argument. So, have I installed Perl improperly? Bompa ######################################################## > Excuse me, I *do* see the "poop" you refe...

I store my all business code in the system folder "App_Code" , is the folder "App_Code" protected by system? can't nobody see source code in the folder?
In ASP.NET 2.0, I store my all business code in the system folder "App_Code" , is the folder "App_Code"  protected by system? can't nobody see source code in the folder?  SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Hi, it cannot be downloaded by users of the web application, but certainly administrator of the server etc could just check what the file contains. E.g they, class files, are normal files from that standpoint. That is, if you just deploy them to the server as is, into production. &...

Unknown kernel error "operating system error 64"
Hi, I have a problem on an ASE 12.5.2 server (server not responding anymore, not even to dsedit "ping"), for which I can't find any documentation. In server log, we could find the events below, which triggers several questions: What are those "operating system error 64 & 121"? We don't have a "'e:\ase1252\" folder on this server, why is it refering to it? We couldnt find any related errors in Windows 2000 event log, can anyone help? Errorlog extract: .. 00:00000:00012:2005/07/27 04:34:51.39 kernel NT operating system error ...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

"No application is associated with the specified file for this operation" Error when installing "Atlas"
Hi guys,I get the following error when I try to install'the Atlas msi file. "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation"The error comes up on the final install step after the progress bar goes all the way to the end ! I have got ASP.NET 2.0 and VWD installed and I have created a couple of web applications without any problems. Checked Add/Remove programs and ASp.net 1.1 is listed in there as well as ASP.net 2.0.Any help here is appreciated.CheersJimJim hello.well, i've seen several posts in this forum about that though i really don&#...

PB11 .NET "smart client" PUBLISH ISSUE... "Error when transfering files."
Before I start I should state that I'm not the Microsoft server admin... I have gotten this to work as recently as two days ago, but then it mysteriously stops working without any reason. It pushes most of the files out to the server correctly, but I did notice thatthe "CONFIGURATION.XML" file is missing. The "Publish Application" takes a while before failing and eventually fails with the message... "Error when transferring files." PLEASE HELP. Here is a list of what it is able to put on the server... ../publish.htm ../setup.exe ../tes...

"Page Load Error" Error
Name: Luke Moore Email: clm047atshsudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: "Page Load Error" Error Comments: On your "Page Load Error" page, I believe there is a typo. " Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")" Luke Moore Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073021 Firefox/3.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wi...

Web resources about - Cannot bulk load because the file "C:\Folder\Import_Feed.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(error not found). - asp.net.sql-datasource