can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003

I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?

Dim
conn As SqlConnection
Dim connstr As String
connstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"
Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr)
Dim ds As New System.Data.DataSet

conn = New SqlConnection(connstr)
conn.Open()
daEvents.Fill(ds)

conn.Close()
conn.Dispose()

0
dsa1971

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

USER CAN'T CONNECT THE REPORTING SERVER (AD USERNAME) using SQL SERVER MANAGMENT STUDIO 2005
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

connect to MS SQL database using visual studio.net failed
Hi, I'm trying to connect to MS SQL 2000 using visual studio.net in window server 2003. Clicking the server explorer, connect to database icon, and selecting the provider and so on, when i click on the 'test connection', an error appear indicating : "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Device activation error. The physical name : c:\MCSDWebapps\Chapter05\vbADOsnippers\Contact.MDF may be incorrect " Note : I'm connecting to window server 2003 locally i.e I'm working on the same computer i.e server 2003. I've tried in win XP Pro and it wor...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

Can't connect to SQL Server 2005 in Visual Studio, only SQLExpress works?
Hi all,I'm having a big problem here. I can't seem to connect to a database of MSSQL Server 2005... Here is what I've did:1. Under the Server Explorer>Data Connections. Right click and choose "Add Connection..."2. Data Source was "Microsoft SQL Server Database File". Click OK.3. I browse to the database in the MSSQL.2/MSSQL/Data folder.4. Click on the "Advanced" button, and change the default DataSource from .\SQLEXPRESS to .\MSSQLSERVER. Click OK5.  Received this error:An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When...

how can associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection in sql server 2005?
I want to use sa user login sql server 2005 to visit my database "dotnet20" but when I set the user property in User Mapping, It Report when I set it, An Error Occur like followCannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)and also when I want to Login sql server use 'sa' user, It Report Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)how can  associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection? I'm having this exact same problem. When I login using Windows authent. I can co...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

vc#.net can't connect to SQL 2000
Hi, When I try to connect to SQL 2000 it test successfully, but prompts this error after clicking ok: Unable to connect to database. It is only possible to connect to SQL Server Desktop Engine databases and Microsoft Access databases with this version of Visual Studio. I have SQL 7 installed also, and it works fine. I'm running XP with Visual C#.net Thanks I had this problem a while back with VB.NET, unfortunately you'll need to shell out more cash or get your company to purchase either Visual Studio.NET professional or architect in order to connect to a SQL db throu...

Web resources about - can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003 - asp.net.sql-datasource

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...