Can SQL Express db be opened with SQL Server 2005 Management Studio?

I'm trying to open a SQL Express database (MDF) with SQL Server 2005 management Studio.  Is that possible?  I'm getting the following error:

 The specified file is either not a SQL Server Compact Edition file  or is corrupt.

It opens fine in Visual Studio 2005.

Also, is it possible to run a script in Visual Studio 2005?  If so, how?

Thanks, Alex

0
AlexB1318

 Detach/Close the file from visual studio and then attach it in management studio.

Save our world, its all we have! A must watch video Pale Blue Dot

Please use the search feature of the forum before asking a question.
0
XPSCodes

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

How do I synchronise local SQL Server Express db with my online SQL Server 2005 db?
For various reasons, I have a situation where the data in the SQL Server 2005 database hosted by my ISP is more up to date than the data in the matching SQL Server Express database on my own PC. I now want to synchronise these two databases but don't know how to do it. Because I am still developing my ASP.NET 3.5 app, which has not yet been opened up to users, I am only used to synchronising in the other direction by first using the Database Publishing Wizard within Visual Web Developer 2008 Express to create a suitable script associated with my SQL Server Express database and then runn...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

SQL Server 2005 Express and SMO (SQL Server Management Objects)
I get the following error when I try to access the SMO object from my code; "Failed to retrieve data for this request." I have added references to the files below. But there still seems to be something missing. I'm trying to create a Stored Procedure in my database, but I never got that far. What have I missed? Or is SMO not working with SQL Server 2005 Express?The first commented code block works (I used that to find the correct name of my database). I first tried to get the number of Stored Procedures in my database, but it threw the same error (that line is now also commente...

download of Sql Server Management Studio Express for Sql Server 2008
I just upgraded my Sql Server to 2008 and I was hoping that the link found in this page would provide the download to SSMSE for Sql Server 2008, but it redirects me to 2005 version. I don't any instances running with Sql Server 2005 that I could access through SSMSE 2005, so I can't use it. Does anyone have the link for download to SSMSE 2008? Or should I downgrade? And if, how can I downgrade?  Thank you very much, sorry by my misspellings.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. There is no SSMSE for 2008 yet. Bu...

Web resources about - Can SQL Express db be opened with SQL Server 2005 Management Studio? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Coke Shuffles Management in Wake of Wendy Clark Exit
Coca-Cola is making significant changes to its North American leadership team in the wake of the departure of Wendy Clark, a highly respected ...

Major Takata investor dumps stock due to management concerns
... Earnings/Financials , Safety , Japan One of Takata's largest investors sold off its shares after losing confidence in the company's management ...

What's the most popular IT asset management software?
IT asset management (ITAM) software manages the lifecycle of hardware and software. It can help influence decisions about which assets need to ...

Master Six Sigma Lean project management for $49
The Six Sigma Lean management philosophy has been gaining popularity among IT professionals, and for good reason—it helps teams improve internal ...

Lotus Entertainment Launching Management Division
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel’s Lotus Entertainment is launching a management division with former Anonymous Content exec Lenny Beckerman ...