Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ?

 What should I do if I want my asp.net 1.1 work with sql server 2005

I get wrong message : SQL Server does not exist or access denied

It's HARD to be Advanced Programmer

Irwan.
0
irw7

Well, you don't need to change any code.. there is no different of working against a SQL 2005, it's the same way as working against SQL server 2000 etc.

If you have some problem to connect to the SQL Server 2005, just check your connection string if it's correct. For example if you provide the right user name and password etc. The connection string for connecting to a SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 is the same..

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

Yes of course it can work with .Net 1.1. Please make sure that the connection string is correct. If you are using SqlExpress the instance name of the SQL 2005 is MachineName\SQLEXPRESS.

- Sujit

sujitm
7/13/2007 7:15:39 AM

Yes it is work in my boxdev, but id does not work in my web hosting.

I try it in my hosting to set using 2.0 and work fine, but when I use 1.1 it is like the server does not existed. The server name using IP etc xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. And it work fine too when I used in remote connection using sql server management studio.

 So what make this 1.1 can not fine or denied access to sql server. You know I 'm have used right connection string.

It's HARD to be Advanced Programmer

Irwan.
0
irw7
7/13/2007 10:05:53 AM

I have check that the hosting use sql server 2005 express. Is there a problem when using 1.1 with 2005 express ? Because it is just fine in 2005 developer ?

It's HARD to be Advanced Programmer

Irwan.
0
irw7

You may try this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928319/en-us It indicates the main causes of the problem and provide some solutions for you to refer.

Hopt that helps. Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul...

.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2
Hi,I run .net 1.1, VS2003 with SQL Server Enterprise Manager v 8.0 on my home XP Pro machine.I have recently purchased some hosting with SQL Server 2005 capabilities.  I was in a real rush but I should have checked I suppose.I would love to be able to use my Enterprise Manager but obviously that wont work as it isnt compatible with 2005. It would be preferable not to have to use the web based admin and I have been told I have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, which requires .net 2.0 to be installed. It seems a bit of a mess really.Can anyone enlighten me as to w...

.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul No. You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.*******...

Writing Stored Procedure in .NET 1.1 and using in SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am working on an application in ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 as database.I wanted to use SQLCLR feature of SQL Server 2005. Is it possible that i write Stored Procedures in C# 1.1 and deploy on SQL Server 2005? as it is in case of C# 2.0. Please refer some good tutorial for it. Regards,Imran GhaniImran Abdul Ghani SQL Server requires 2.0. The .net team made a number of changes to the memory manager and gc so .net could be hosted in SQL Server....

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

.net 1.1 to Sql Server 2000
How can i connect ASP.NET 1.1 to SQL Server 2000? Please help me.******** To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first **************** Using the SQLConnection...This is available in ToolBox DataTab..   Hi adonweb , Ado.net is supported in .net1.1(both sqlconnections, sqlcommand, sqldatareader etc are supported) , so I think you can connected to sql 2000 using .net1.1 the same way as .net2.0. Example from msdn:private static void ReadOrderData(string connectionString) { string queryString = "SELECT OrderID, CustomerID FROM dbo.Orders;"; u...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Reports building from SQL SERVER 2000 and .NET 1.1
Dear all I would like to produce a report on the data i have in my database probably in a pdf or excel or word document. What i have is SQL Server 2000 with .NET 1.1 platform.  Is there anything out there i could use? I have done some work on reporting services but thats with SQL server 2005, but now i have to go a bit back. Any advice? cheers  Dan Or is there any other solution to the problem or producing reports in excel/word/pdf formats except for using Reporting services or crystal reports?  Dan You need SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition or Developer edition i...

Using Pull method with SQL server and VB.Net 1.1
I am using the developer 11 version of Crystal. I have created a few reports successfully using the push method (creating a dataset, populating it then assigning it to the report). Because of decision making that is needed in some of the sub-reports etc. I chose to use a larger dataset rather than many more database lookups returning smaller data sets. I am trying to figure out whether I can accomplish some of this using the pull method. I need to be able to use the same report from multiple sites using differnt databases and credentials. It LOOKS like if I try to use the pull method I ha...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

Web resources about - Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ? - asp.net.sql-datasource

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation
FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation

Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to enter server market with 24-core CPUs
Qualcomm, which announced plans to begin developing ARM-based chips for servers in November 2014, has started delivering server-use CPU samples ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.