Can microsoft SQL Server 2005 database upgrade to microsoft SQL Server 2008 database?

I have a microsoft SQL Server 2005 database, I don't know how to upgrade the 2005 database to 2008 database, I try to use SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 to open the 2005 database, it's OK, does it mean that the 2005 database have been upgraded to 2008 database?

BTW, is SQL Server 2005 database compatible with SQL Server 2008 database completely?

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
1
mycwcgr

Yes. It is compatible. Anyhow go through this url for more information

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
ameenkpn

Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient) and Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)?
hello there is Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient)(i have created *.mdf Solution of Visual web developer.. righ click, add new item, SQL server database) and Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) at server explorer(i have created *.mdf at SQL server management studio) as Modify Connection.. when i create *.mdf at Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient), i cant see i*.mdf at SQL Server Management Studio. but when i create *.mdf at Microsoft SQL Server (SQLClient), i can see *.mdf SQL Server Management Studio. what is different between Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlCli...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

Can Sql Server Express 2005 Run a Sql Server 2000 database?
Should be a quick question:I've got a client with a Sql Server 2000 database.  He wants to hook it up to a server that is only running Sql Server Express 2005.  Can this work? Thanks!-Craig U-Sports.net - Taking Fantasy Football to School Tell him to Backup the database and send you the .bak you can restore it as 2005 database.  I have posted a FAQ about moving SQL Server databases and there is a free chapter about Backup and Restore in the link below.  Hope this helps.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks!  I will rec...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005
Hello,If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.? Thanks,Jon  I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.  ThanksJPazgier...

Migrate Database from SQL Server 2005 beta 3 to Sql Server 2005 Release
Do you now, How can I move database with datas to release version of sql server? Procedores backup/restore can't help becouse of unsuported version database. Any ideas? What about generate a schema script?  Then run an install of your schema in a new query.  You could at least get the db schema but not the data.Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group but I have many datas...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

Restoring a SQL Server 2005 database into SQL Server 2000
Hey guys  We currenlty have SQL Server 2000 installed inhouse for testing.  A client has given us a backup of their 2005 database and i'm wondering if the restore will work into 2000, or any issues i should be aware of. Should i just install msde locally on my machine and restore the database?  thanks Hi,Ask your client to backup database as 2000 format. There is an option for this in Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. Then download MSSMSE and install for yourself and try to restore database from it.If database doesn't use any 2005 features (rowcount for exampl...

Web resources about - Can microsoft SQL Server 2005 database upgrade to microsoft SQL Server 2008 database? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message