Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?

Hi,

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?

Crying

0
qword

 You certainly can!

I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases.

0
jimmy

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005
We have a project already developed iusing VS 2003 Enterprise architect edition using sql server 2000(have lots of table and stored procs etc.) Now planning to switch to Sql server 2005 are there any issues associated with the switch.   I mean front end programming wise asp.net and vb.net front end codes do they work straight away or need to make any changes to all the front end codes, we are using datasets, data readers calling stored procs and also using lot of hash tables and XML object to make bulk loads to sql server via sqlxml3.0 sp3. Please help thank you very much for the in...

USER CAN'T CONNECT THE REPORTING SERVER (AD USERNAME) using SQL SERVER MANAGMENT STUDIO 2005
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

Can SQL Express db be opened with SQL Server 2005 Management Studio?
I'm trying to open a SQL Express database (MDF) with SQL Server 2005 management Studio.  Is that possible?  I'm getting the following error:   The specified file is either not a SQL Server Compact Edition file  or is corrupt. It opens fine in Visual Studio 2005. Also, is it possible to run a script in Visual Studio 2005?  If so, how? Thanks, Alex  Detach/Close the file from visual studio and then attach it in management studio.Save our world, its all we have! A must watch video Pale Blue Dot Please use the search feature of the forum before a...

If my SQL Server Mangement Studio can connect to my SQL server...
Then does that mean my server is on? Cause when I try to connect to the server it says it doesnt exist or access denied. How can I fix this problem?  I think something might be wrong with the protocol or something of the sort, I know its connecting through the TCP/IP, or atleast should be, its on port 1433. Is this port correct?...

Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects. Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatical...

Web resources about - Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Management expert Michael Schrage tells why you should love your ex-employees
Talented people who leave your organisation are not traitors.

Get trained for a career in project management for $39
... can be daunting—and expensive, when you’re starting your training from scratch. So if you’ve been thinking about a new career in project management, ...

Who is your team's clock-management assistant?
(Note: Sunday's edition of The Buffalo News includes a feature that explores the philosophies, fallacies and analytics of NFL clock management. ...

Charlie Sheen Plans To Counter Sue Ex-Fiancee In HIV Lawsuit Involving ‘Anger Management’ Profits
From the moment the Anger Management actor made public on The Today Show on November 17 that he has been HIV Positive for at least 4-years, we ...

Trend Micro Brings 'Deep Security' Management to Azure Workloads
The anti-malware software provider announces an integration with Microsoft's cloud security management platform.