Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine

Hello ,

i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000

I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know

so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?

thanks for your kindness.

Kate

0
wincom19

You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun.

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
4/25/2007 4:10:23 AM
By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server and you can run your usual queries.
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
4/25/2007 4:11:56 AM

OK I will do it tonight, thanks for your help.Stick out tongue

Regards,

Kate

0
wincom19

Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server
I have a dedicated server running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003.  Can I install SQL Server 2005 express so that I can run sites developed with VWD Express.  I still have the sites that need to use the sql 2000 server.  Thanks Yes but it best that the sql server 2000 instances be upgraded to service pack 4.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345154.aspx Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group...

Installing SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2000 on the same machine?
Hi All, I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? I need to keep SQL Server 2000 for my existing production databases. Any one know the solutions? or any article? Thanks bosox04 wrote: I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? Yep. bosox04 wrote: Any one know the solutions? or any article? Just install it and give it a different name. ********************...

Installing VS2003 and VS2005 / Sql server 2000 and SQL server 2005 on the same machine
Hey guys, I want to install on the same machine VS2003 and SQL 2000 to study for MCAD and VS2005/SQL server 2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 development.   I used to install two images of WinXP one for .NET1.1 dev and the other for .NET 2.0 but everytime you need to switch from .NET1.1 development to .NET2.0 I need to reboot and launch the other winxp image. any help would be appreciated.  I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! Where are you having a problem with this? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Installing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 20005 on the same machine
Hi all,is it possible to run both instances of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on the same PC?The reason I am asking is becasue my install failed for SQL Server 2000 when i already have SQL server 2005 installed.Get the following at the end of the sqlstp.log file...###############################################################################Starting Service ...Latin1_General_CI_AS-m -Q -T4022 -T3659An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1053)SQL Server configuration failed.###############################################################################01:52:54 Process Exit Code: ...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Can Sql Server Express 2005 Run a Sql Server 2000 database?
Should be a quick question:I've got a client with a Sql Server 2000 database.  He wants to hook it up to a server that is only running Sql Server Express 2005.  Can this work? Thanks!-Craig U-Sports.net - Taking Fantasy Football to School Tell him to Backup the database and send you the .bak you can restore it as 2005 database.  I have posted a FAQ about moving SQL Server databases and there is a free chapter about Backup and Restore in the link below.  Hope this helps.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks!  I will rec...

Installation of SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Developer Editions on the same PC
I currently have SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition installed on my home PC. Is it safe (or even advisable) to also install SQL Server Developer Edition 2000 on the same PC? I have two clients, one using SQL Server 2000 and another one on 2005 so I need to do testing on both. Bill I have both on my laptop, but installed them in the opposite order you are wanting to do. Don't know if there would be issues doing 2005 first and then 2000. -- TheSQLGuru President Indicium Resources, Inc. "Bill Murphy" <wmdmurphy@houston.rr.com> wrote in message ...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

Web resources about - Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine - asp.net.sql-datasource

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

Adware uses Android's accessibility features to install malware
There’s an adware out there which uses features for the visually impaired to install malicious apps on an Android-powered device. The worst part ...

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 tried to secretly install itself on old machines
Yes, not too long ago, Microsoft apologized for automatically installing Windows 10 on older Windows 7 or Windows 8 machines. But although Microsoft ...

Don't want to install that smartphone app? With Google, you may not have to
The search giant is experimenting with tech that lets you use apps without downloading them. It's part of Google's plan to keep its crown when ...