Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
8/28/2006 2:19:15 PM
oh wait. I don't have the Express version so I'm not sure if it is limited to local connections, it might be.

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
8/28/2006 2:20:07 PM
mycwcgr:

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!

Try the thread below everything you need and alternatives is covered in it.  Post again if you still have questions.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1379211.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Web resources about - Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Victorian bushfires: Wye River blaze management holds safety lessons for other towns
Victorians have just witnessed again the terrifying speed with which a beautiful environment can be transformed by bushfire.

Better forest management can help prevent bushfire disasters
Fuel reduction in the vast forests behind the communities along the Great Ocean Road has been neglected for decades.

Develop A Management Culture
To manage your law office best, make management part of your law office culture.

Flayk Family Management App Launches on iOS, Android
Flayk has announced the launch of its family management app on iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to coordinate the lives of multiple ...

The future of data center infrastructure management
Recent research from Intel suggests that, despite the availability of automated solutions for data center infrastructure management (DCIM), many ...

5 courses that’ll boost your project management career for $39
Whether you're just starting out or are looking to change careers, there are certain certifications that hiring managers love to see on a resume ...