Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000

How to perform Bulk Copy of a table from a Remote SQL Server 2000 to Local SQL Server 2000?

I need to do this programmatically. This will be performed on regular basis. I can't use DTS Import/Export Wizard. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Prodipta Mondal.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
prodipta

Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.

Connect to the remote SQL Server.

Load a DataTable or DataReader

Connect to the local Server

Call the SQLBulkCopy,WriteToServer method

0
brucevde
10/11/2008 4:13:58 PM

Thanks brucevde for your response.

But, I forgot to mention that I am using .NET framework 1.1 which does not support SQLBulkCopy Class.

Please advice what to do now.

With Regards,
Prodipta Mondal.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
prodipta
10/13/2008 7:19:47 AM

Basically it is still the same.  You would use SQL Server's "Bulk Insert" command which allows you to import data from a comma or tab delimited file.

Connect to the remote SQL Server.

Load a DataTable or DataReader

Create the file

Connect to the Local SQL Server

Execute the Bulk Insert Query

Another option depending on your setup.

If the Remote Server is setup as a Linked server on the Local Server you could use a simple Insert Into statement.

0
brucevde

SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard
I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...? Thank you for any help,Thank youJackxxx Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up. I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard. TerriT...

SQL SERVER 2000: In which format the datetime will be stored in sql server 2000?
Hi All, I would like to know, how the datetime will be stored in the sqlserver datetime column. Because some time i am giving the date in dd/mm/yyyy and sometime mm/dd/yyyy. while give the date in mm/dd/yyyy works fine but not in the another case. and also while i execute a query on query analyser it shows the datetime in yyyy/mm/dd format. So anyone can please tell me how the dates will be stored in the datetime column of sqlserver database? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Dhanasekaran. G Storing of datetime depends upon the globalization setting. Normally the date time is stor...

local SQL Server 2005 Express and Host with SQL Server 2000
I'm creating an app and have SQL Server 2005 Express installed.  Most of the hosts now offering SQL Server 2005 are a bit pricey compared to those only offering 2000.  Will I have any difficulty uploading my site and running the db on SQL 2000?  Thanks in advance. I've been searching these forums but all people having about the same question, all have no replies in the thread. I'd love some feedback on this issue. I'm quite new to asp.net.I've got vs installed with sql 2005 express. but I also installed sql 2000 since my host is still using this one. how can I port the db ? ...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

SQL Server Express & SQL Server 2000
I'm currently developing my website using SQL Server Express which comes by default with the Visual Web Developer. My hosting is using SQL Server 2000. Is the database I created using sql server express compatible with sql server 2000? Other databases hy hosting supported includes MySQL, Access, SQL Server 2000. Among these three, which one I best use on my site? My site doesnt involved much database activity. Thank you  Shuf wrote: Is the database I created using sql server express compatible with sql server 2000?Not so that you could just take SQL2005 database file and ...

check sql server 2000 or sql server 2005
Hi.. I have a web application(ASP.NET 2.0 + C#). I have sql server 2000 as well as sql server 2005. Several queries in my application work well with the sql server 2005, and the same query fails in the sql server 2000. How to check if the database is connected to sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 and then call the queries accordingly through the c# code? Thanks That may be happening if you are using built-in stored procedures or the INFORMATION_SCHEMA from 2005.  There's stuff in 2005 that doesn't exist in 2000.  You are the one establishing the connection, right...

SQL Server 2000 Standard or SQL Server Enterprise?
Is SQL Server 2000 Standard an option for a web application ? OR Only Enterprise version should be used for a web application because the standard version cannot support fully a web application? sun21170 Either one can be used. You need to choose based on your specific requirments.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ To me the extra things in Enterprise are mainly in OLAP/Data Warehousing/English Query area. So for a web site, the standard version appears to be as good.sun21170 If you ne...

SQL Server 2000
Hi We have SQL Server 2000 installed on Windows Server 2003. Now wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Have tried simply inserting SQL Server 2005 dvd and installing on Windows Server 2003. Installation was not successful.  Let me know standard methodology to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to 2005 . Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Friend, this tutorial may help you http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1188595,00.html http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1194265,00.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Web resources about - Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Madonna Posts Christmas Message for Son Rocco Amid Custody Battle
Madonna has written a message for her 15-year-old son Rocco Ritchie to wish him a merry Christmas amid her custody battle with ex Guy Ritchie ...

Islamic State Group Encourages Harvesting Of Human Organs, Cannibalism Even If The Donor Is Killed – ...
The Islamic State encourages harvesting of human organs. What’s equally appalling is that the terror group has no qualms about butchering the ...

Janet Jackson postpones 'Unbreakable' tour to get unspecified surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Janet Jackson says she is postponing her Unbreakable tour to have an unspecified surgical procedure. The 49-year-old singer ...

Daniel Murphy finds home with Mets’ enemy
Daniel Murphy carried the Mets to the World Series last October. When the 2016 season opens, the left-handed hitting second baseman will be looking ...

Bill Clinton's first home damaged in suspected arson
CNN Bill Clinton's first home damaged in suspected arson CNN (CNN) An early Christmas morning fire at the first home of former U.S. President ...

Jihadists ‘to quit south Damascus suburbs’: sources
Militants from the Islamic State jihadist group and its rival, Al-Qaeda's Syrian affiliate Al-Nusra Front, will reportedly quit the districts ...

Oops: UK astronaut Tim Peake calls wrong number from space
Anyone can dial a wrong number, but it's not often done from outer space.

Steve Harvey's Christmas gift to us all is a 'Miss Universe' joke
Sorry, Internet. The best Steve Harvey joke about the Miss Universe gaffe goes to Steve Harvey. The cigar-puffing host posted a chuckle-inducing ...

Raiders edge Chargers in possible Oakland farewell
The Oakland Raiders, playing possibly their final Bay Area home game, defeated San Diego 23-20 in overtime Thursday in an NFL contest between ...

Matt Dallas Shares Christmas Pic with Husband Blue and Son Crow
Just a few days ago, Matt Dallas and his husband Blue Hamilton introduced their two-year-old son Crow to the world. And moments ago, Matt and ...