AutoUpade UserId [Foreign Key] From the Primary Key UserId in the aspnet_Users table ?

 Hello everyone

I want the userId PrimaryKey in the aspnet_Users Table in the ASPNETDB.mdf  to Update it's foreign key in another table called ClientInfo in the same database, Once the User is created a new userId is created, i want this userId to be automatically entered in the foreign key table ClientInfo...

how can that be accomplished?

0
zetfactor

 You can have a trigger on aspnet_Users table doing the insert into the ClientInfo table.

Regards,
Prashant

Prashant
6/26/2008 1:52:02 PM

 thanks for the fast reply..

it would be great if you hooked me with a tutorial or an example..

cheers

0
zetfactor
6/26/2008 2:02:12 PM

The following tutorial should help you

Regards,
Prashant

Prashant

SQL statement failed, no primary key value for foreign key ... in table ...
Problem: SQL statement failed, no primary key value for foreign key ... in table ... After deleting or changing primary key values in either consolidated or remote database. Question: Are there any triggers that can resolve inserting a record that has a foreign key value with no existing primary key value in primary table? Description: We have a serious problem with the dbremote program. I think it's a general problem that could appear in every database with related tables. Everytime the problem turns up we must create new remote databases from the consolidated datab...

Primary Key Prob with SQL table innerjoin with primary key
Hello Exception Details: System.Data.MissingPrimaryKeyException: Table doesn't have a primary key. I have used Stored Procedure in SQL with innerjoin. I think this Stored Procedure is problem because when I use one table with primary key rather using innerjoin to get data from 2 SQL tables I don't have this Table doesn't have a primary key: CREATE proc dbo._BookLink As select Convert(nvarchar(10),BookID)as BookId, CategoryName,Title, Author, Publisher, PublicationDate, ISBN, Price, BriefDesc, FullDesc, [Image], link, htmlready from dbo.BookCategory inner join dbo.B...

Clustered Primary Key and Foreign Key: T-SQL
I am having a little trouble getting this to work right, but have come a ways since I started this.......other tables created first and with no problems..... then these two with the last table being the problemI need to set one foreign key in the second table referencing the first table.But, the primary key is clustered with the two foreign keys and I get the error....There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'courseScores' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FK_course'.CREATE TABLE dbo.courseScores   (     course...

integer primary/foreign key vs. varchar(255) primary/foreign key
Hello. Is there any principal performance (or some other) difference between using the integer primary/foreign key and using the string (varchar(255)) keys in queries that use tables joins? Server is Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Yes! The primary key will only be made up of 12 bytes. By using an integer you ensure that your entire column is in the key. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your F...

Primary Keys containing common foreign keys from different tables
I have 2 tables Table 1 and Table 2 which have primary keys which include the same foreign key from a third Table 0. Table 1 has a primary key consisting of T1_KEY<pk> and T0_KEY<pk,fk>. Table 2 has a primary key consisting of T2_KEY<pk> and T0_KEY<pk,fk>. Now I want Table 3 to reference both Table 1 and Table 2 so that it has a primary key consisting of: T3_KEY<pk>, T0_KEY<pk, fk>, T1_KEY<pk, fk>, T2_KEY<pk, fk> I am trying to manually reverse engineer a database for which I only have a verbal description. I manage to achieve ...

Updating tables in sequence with primary key and foreign key relations
Hi all,        In my project i will have the  data in a collection of objects, I need to update series of tables with foreign key relations        Right now my code looks like this        foreach(object obj in Objects){        int accountId=Account.Insert(obj.accountOpenDate,obj.accountName);//this will update the accounts table and returns account id which is a Identity column in Acccounts table        int DebtId=Debt....

Keys, keys,keys...
Just installed PGP 6.5.8 and all is running fine, so far :-) Question: When I opened the PGP Keys window for the first time, apart from the *Create Key* wizard, there are about 50 odd keys belonging to various and sundry at NAI. Were these supplied for a purpose or only for illustration? Is there any reason they could not or should no be deleted? Question 2: I sent someone an encrypted test message using that person's public key. It went off fine except, I am left with only the encrypted eMail. What setting should I change in order for my eMail client (Outlook 2000) ...

Primary Key/Foreign Key
Can I use SQL Commands to add Primary key or reference keys to existed tables? (Not a new table, that's why I can't use CREATE TABLE command.) If does, could someone give me some sample codes? Thanks. Hi John, What you need is the ALTER TABLE statement. Look for it in SQLA help for the syntax. Regards, Nat. John Chyan wrote in message <35A4FF5D.5F192806@dissol.com>... >Can I use SQL Commands to add Primary key or reference keys to existed >tables? (Not a new table, that's why I can't use CREATE TABLE command.) > >If does, could someone ...

foreign key as a primary key
hi, I am using a foreign key (which is a primary key in a secondary table) as a primary key in a primary table. There is also another primary key in the primary table. Do You have to declare the foregin key as a primary key ? regards Jan Eikeland email:jaeikela@c2i.net url :http://home.c2i.net/jaeikela In article <368b0234.5056065@forums.powersoft.com>, jaeikela@c2i.net says... > hi, > > I am using a foreign key (which is a primary key in a secondary table) > as a primary key in a primary table. > There is also another primary key in the primary table...

primary key and foreign Key????
 Hi i have 2 table.. Table1UID         Username1               AB2               CD3               DD Table 2ITEM       Price          UIDPOO1      20.00          1POO2      10.00          2POO3       15.00         1 Now i am letting the Admin to delete the user in table1But since UID 1 and 2 are ...

Primary key
Hello, I've got a modeling problem betwin a conceptual model and a physical model and espacially about the foreign key. See below the illustrated exemple of the problem : -Whether the entity � ARTICLE � with two informations : CODE & WORDING -Whether the entity � UNITE � with two informations : CODE & WORDING An article has necesseraly three unity, the unity of command, of storage and of sails. These three unity can be differents. Conceptual model phycical model The generated physical model doesn't suitable me. How ...

Primary key/Foreign key again
Thanks, Nat and David. Under "SQL Anywhere", I get into ISQL to use "ALTER TABLE" command to add my primary key: ALTER TABLE Client ADD PRIMARY KEY (SYSID) I got an error: user 'dba' has the row in 'Client' locked. How can I release the locking condition? Click on another table in Sybase Central. Is suspect this is the issue. Dave Wolf Jaguar Product Team John Chyan wrote: > Thanks, Nat and David. > > Under "SQL Anywhere", I get into ISQL to use "ALTER TABLE" command > to add my primary key: > ...

SQL statement failed: (-194) No primary key value for foreign key
I'm getting this error message sporadically when my remote sites are replicating to my central server. The odd thing is the record that is the primary key value does exist! I'm at a lost...Does any have any idea, why this may be happening? Thanks Tasha Did the record exist at the time the error was reported? I have seen cases before where the Parent record is physically sent to the remote *after* the Child record. This would explain why the error was legitimately reported but when you look at the database later the Parent record now exists. -- -------------...

Error: Primary key for row in table 'x' is referenced by foreign key 'f' in table 'y'
(ASA 9 newest ebf) I'm getting this error even though mentioned foreign key has cascade updates (and deletes too) enabled. Is this some new behaviour in asa 9, or why can i get such message for cascaded foreign key? Any ideas? Thanks Pete Found a reason for it...but should it really work so? It's this way: - table a has columns a,b,c - table b has columns a,c, and references columns a,c (with a,c) in table a with cascade updates - table a hes before update trigger to change columns a when column b is changed (set new_row.a = ...) and that set new_row.a = ... i...

Web resources about - AutoUpade UserId [Foreign Key] From the Primary Key UserId in the aspnet_Users table ? - asp.net.sql-datasource