An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6

hi there!

I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website.

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) "

Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0

Please help me out.

waiting for your positive response.
thanks

Nouman Rasheed

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

 Try this type of code that will help u to solve this problem

 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection myConn = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(confirgurationmanager.appsetting["con"].tostring());

SqlCommand myComm = new SqlCommand("SELECT LoginID, Password FROM LOGIN", myConn);

myConn.Open();

in web.config file

<appsetting>

<add key="con" value="Initial Catalog=MIS;Data Source=localhost;Integrated Security=true; Username="sa" password="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>

</appsetting>

click on start->all program->mssqlserver->configurationsettingtools->surfaceareanetwork->surfacearea configuration for service and connection-> services  check weather it allow as piped name with TCP/IP is checked if not plz check that and click on ok

I think ur using Windows auth for login in SQL SERVER am i right

Can u tell are u using Windows auth or Sql auth

If u have problem plz revert me back

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

-2
Ramkumar
8/12/2008 8:50:57 AM

Im using the following code

<add name="conString" connectionString="Server=localhost;Database=db;Integrated Security=true;User ID=ID;Password=password;Trusted_Connection=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

and im using sql authentication.

still getting the same error :(

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

Try removing the Integrated security=true in the connection string

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
-1
Sibin

click on start->all program->mssqlserver->ConfigurationSettingTools->SurfaceAreaNetwork->SurfaceAreaConfiguration for service and connection-> Remote Connection check weather it allow both TCP/IP and piped name wis checked if not plz check that and click on ok

Follow this process if u have problem

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar
8/12/2008 9:39:05 AM

I've removed but still not working

It was working fine since last one month. But today suddenly it prompts this error.

And yeah now when i m trying to access its database on its online server this prompts another error :(

its  database is not opening there at server :)

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/12/2008 10:46:06 AM

Im facing this problem at online server not at local. M hell frustrated ::(

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

One more try, specify the port number also in the connection string

i.e server="localhost;123"  and specify

this also in connection string

Network Library=DBMSSOCN;

refer the link for connectionstrings

http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 11:12:16 AM

Is ur online server is Godaddy Server if yes ping me to meramkumar@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar
8/12/2008 11:22:29 AM

hey

man I dont know any thing about server. I've mailed the concerning person. As i get the information i'll let you know.

I've tried every trick but doesn't work. Please help me out.

Thanks

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

Did you tried....

specify the port number also in the connection string

i.e server="localhost;123"  and specify

this also in connection string

Network Library=DBMSSOCN;

refer the link for connectionstrings

http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 2:20:16 PM

As I've mentioned that i dunno both hosting server and port number both. And i'll soon get them.

And yeah to remind you, im repeating that i m using sql server 2000 not 2005.

Thanks

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/12/2008 2:35:43 PM

For reference to my website you may visit to

http://www.tsctevt.edu.pk

please suggest me any solution.

Thanks

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/12/2008 3:26:02 PM

 Get all the information

  1. Hosting with?
  2. Server is with?
as soon as possible to that i can help u more Dude

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar
8/12/2008 4:44:51 PM

Thanks for showing your deep concern man.

I've sent an email to related person. As he is sends it to me,I will paste it here.

Thanks

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

SQL Express

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections
When my default.aspx page loads I get this error for the connection to my SQL 2005 DB.    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already gone to Surface Area Configuration to ensure that Remoting with both Named Pipes or TCP/IP is enabled and it's set to both for remoting.I verified tha...

this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi ,       I am struck with one issue.Plz help me out if you have any solution for this one. Details Front End - Visual Studio 2005 Back End -SQL Server 2000 (Remote database)  Error i am getting is {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) &nb...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

Web resources about - An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), (commonly referred to as the European Constitution or as the Constitutional Treaty ), ...

Establishing Shot: The 405 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Photo by Mrs. Newbie. Nearly 15,000 views! This is I-405 on the west side. This is Los Angeles, without a doubt. NOTE: I changed the rights to ...

Successfully Establishing and Representing DevOps in an Audit by James DeLuccia - YouTube
Presented at FlowCon San Francisco 2013 http://flowcon.org/flowcon-sanfran-2013/schedule/index.jsp Organizations and development teams are moving ...

Why NRL should revisit idea of establishing its own TV channel
WAY back in 1994, pay television was but a twinkling in Australia's eye. But ARL head honchos John Quayle and Ken Arthurson had an idea:

France releases case establishing chemical attack against Assad
A FRENCH intelligence report says forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad carried out a "massive" chemical attack last month, as the Syrian leader warned ...

Trade union royal commission: Federal Government establishing police taskforce to investigate corruption ...
... a police taskforce to investigate evidence of criminal conduct uncovered by the trade union royal commission. The Federal Government is establishing ...

Boko Haram says it's establishing Islamic Caliphate in Nigeria
Boko Haram, Nigeria's Islamic extremist rebel group, said it controls the northeastern city of Gwoza and has added it to an Islamic state that ...

Ontario leads way in establishing advisory group on physician-assisted dying
Ontario, with the participation of 11 provinces and territories, is establishing an "expert advisory group" to look at the issues of physician-assisted ...

China Praises Trudeau's Father For His 'Extraordinary Vision' In Establishing Relations
Xi Jinping told Canada's current prime minister that China will never forget Pierre Elliott Trudeau's decision to open diplomatic relations. ...

21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB
People's Daily Online 21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB People's Daily Online Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei (L front) ...