An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

<sessionState mode="SQLServer"

sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session;

integrated security=true"/>

I have done all the settings:

--> enabling the protocols

--> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck.

Please help me out

1
Nexustoday

Create a text file on your desktop, rename it to myConnection.udl  double click this file and go through the steps of connection to your server / database.

If you can connect via the ".udl" file then you know its not a database issue.

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. Thank you!
1
kemical
7/29/2008 8:21:59 AM

thanks kemical, i tried and its saying proper connection

below is my connection string.. when i try to connect from development server or even local box it gets conencted but when i deploy in other boxes its gives the above error.

Please let me know I am getting mad

<add name="constring" connectionString="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=111.111.11.11.1;Initial Catalog=database1;User Id=dbuser123;Password=xxxsxx;Trusted_Connection=False" />

1
Nexustoday
8/4/2008 10:04:19 PM

Hi

This is where connectionStrings sit in the web config.

<configuration>

<appSettings></appSettings>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ConnectionStringLive" connectionString="Data Source=111.111.11.11.1;Initial Catalog=database1;User ID=dbuser123; Password=xxxsxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

this is how to access it using C#

using System.Configuration;
public class DataAccessBase {
        //public DataAccessBase() {}
        internal static string ConnectionString {
            get {
                string _connectionString = string.Empty;

                    if (ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringLive"].ConnectionString != null) {
                        _connectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringLive"].ConnectionString;
                    }
                   return _connectionString;
            }
        }
    }

 Or VB

Imports System.Configuration

Public Class DataAccessBase
    'public DataAccessBase()
    Friend Shared ReadOnly Property ConnectionString() As String
        Get
            Dim _connectionString As String = String.Empty

            If ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionStringLive").ConnectionString IsNot Nothing Then
                _connectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionStringLive").ConnectionString
            End If
            Return _connectionString
        End Get
    End Property
End Class

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. Thank you!
0
kemical

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

SQL Express

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections
When my default.aspx page loads I get this error for the connection to my SQL 2005 DB.    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already gone to Surface Area Configuration to ensure that Remoting with both Named Pipes or TCP/IP is enabled and it's set to both for remoting.I verified tha...

this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi ,       I am struck with one issue.Plz help me out if you have any solution for this one. Details Front End - Visual Studio 2005 Back End -SQL Server 2000 (Remote database)  Error i am getting is {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) &nb...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

Web resources about - An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), (commonly referred to as the European Constitution or as the Constitutional Treaty ), ...

Establishing Shot: The 405 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Photo by Mrs. Newbie. Nearly 15,000 views! This is I-405 on the west side. This is Los Angeles, without a doubt. NOTE: I changed the rights to ...

Successfully Establishing and Representing DevOps in an Audit by James DeLuccia - YouTube
Presented at FlowCon San Francisco 2013 http://flowcon.org/flowcon-sanfran-2013/schedule/index.jsp Organizations and development teams are moving ...

Why NRL should revisit idea of establishing its own TV channel
WAY back in 1994, pay television was but a twinkling in Australia's eye. But ARL head honchos John Quayle and Ken Arthurson had an idea:

France releases case establishing chemical attack against Assad
A FRENCH intelligence report says forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad carried out a "massive" chemical attack last month, as the Syrian leader warned ...

Trade union royal commission: Federal Government establishing police taskforce to investigate corruption ...
... a police taskforce to investigate evidence of criminal conduct uncovered by the trade union royal commission. The Federal Government is establishing ...

Boko Haram says it's establishing Islamic Caliphate in Nigeria
Boko Haram, Nigeria's Islamic extremist rebel group, said it controls the northeastern city of Gwoza and has added it to an Islamic state that ...

Ontario leads way in establishing advisory group on physician-assisted dying
Ontario, with the participation of 11 provinces and territories, is establishing an "expert advisory group" to look at the issues of physician-assisted ...

China Praises Trudeau's Father For His 'Extraordinary Vision' In Establishing Relations
Xi Jinping told Canada's current prime minister that China will never forget Pierre Elliott Trudeau's decision to open diplomatic relations. ...

21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB
People's Daily Online 21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB People's Daily Online Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei (L front) ...