An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider,
0
Atulkhobragade

Hi

 I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)

Happy Programming

Shashi.
0
shashikantht
1/24/2008 11:24:07 AM

 Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.

http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx

One more thing, try to make a small subject and write all the details about you question in the body of the post.

Thanks,
Dhimant Trivedi
"When the going gets tough, tough gets going."

dhimant

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

SQL Express

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections
When my default.aspx page loads I get this error for the connection to my SQL 2005 DB.    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already gone to Surface Area Configuration to ensure that Remoting with both Named Pipes or TCP/IP is enabled and it's set to both for remoting.I verified that my local account has access to the DB.Not sure what else to check. When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET! Is this on the same box?  Are you sure it isn't a firewall issue?  Also, if you try your query with Query Analyzer does it work?Please click Mark as Answer for helpful posts!"Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Give him a fishing pole, he will eat for life."--I'm still a script kiddie at heart.  I used to get that error when changing from dev server to production server, it typically because i forgot to alter my connection string such as "server=10.10.10.10" to "server =localhost" and visa vesra Hi dba123 , Both mjnorman and kp8080028 's suggestion make sense. While as to a detailed soultion which you can follow,I woudl suggest you read this: An error has occurred while esta...

this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi ,       I am struck with one issue.Plz help me out if you have any solution for this one. Details Front End - Visual Studio 2005 Back End -SQL Server 2000 (Remote database)  Error i am getting is {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) &nb...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Here I have used asp.net login control and membership class. Do I need to make nay changes in code. I have already modified server name in connection string in web config file. any one can say what is the problem and how to solve this. thanks Pat     hi boy,Follow these steps to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote connections: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. 2. On the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration page, click Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections. 3. On the Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections page, expand Database Engine, click Remote Connections, click Local and remote connections, click the appropr...

Connexion to oracle / An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005...
Hi,I use an oracle database and I want to use it with SqlDataSource and also ObjectDatasource. When I use the connexion with the SqlDataSource and a listbox than display all results It works,When i want to write a Business Layer using that connexion, it fails... Hope one of you would find the problem... Thks  Here's the connexion declaration in web.config : <connectionStrings>    <add name="GMTDB" connectionString="Data Source=opargiad02;User Id=-----;Password=-----;Integrated Security=no;" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient"/>    </connectionStrings>  SqlDataSource : (This works)<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource2" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GMTDB %>"ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GMTDB.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand='SELECT LLOGIN FROM TUSEGIA'> </asp:SqlDataSource> <asp:ListBox ID="UserList2" CausesValidation="false" AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="userSelection" Rows="10" runat="server" DataTextField="LLOGIN" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2"></asp:ListBox> (=> I have to specify ProviderName, if i don't, i gad same error than below) WHen i want to use this connexion in a business layer            string c...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

new thread unable to connect sql server 2005 giving user is not associated with trusted sql server connection
Hi everyone,I am a bit new to .NET and IIS 5.0-6.0. We are developing Web Application, developers having loacal IIS 5.1 and SQL server 2005 on same machine, web.config have connection string with <connectionString="Data Source=D103A;Initial Catalog=enRouteV3.SLM;Integrated Security=True"> and on IIS, the virtual directory has "Directory Security" setting as "Intergrated Windows Authetication". It was working OK. When DB server and IIS moved to two different machine, not in common domain, infect both are independent...

Error: Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.
Hi guy'sI downloaded the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, as well as SQL Server 2005 Express, and I am following the instructions given by sbwalker for the DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit and Templates. I've gotten stuck trying to create the first Database.mdf file, I get an error that says:"Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251Any ideas what I should do? I installed SQL Server before Web Developer, and as far as I c...

Connection string for default instance of SQL Server 2005, on a box also running a named instance of SQL Server 2000
The box I am trying to connect to is running two instances of SQL Server. There is a SQL Server 2005 instance which is the default. There is a SQL Server 2000 instance which is named 'SQLSERVER'.  I can connect to the SQL Server 2000 instance no problem:<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC\SQLSERVER;database=mydatabase;user id=****;password=****" /> However,  I am having trouble connecting to the Default SQL Server 2005 instance. I have tried: <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC;database=mydatabase;user i...

How to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 in one computer????
Hi All!!! In my Computer has MS SQL Server 2000(with default Instance) and now I Install MS SQL server 2005(with Instance name: SQL2005 ). Now I want to write Web Application to connect to the both databases (SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2005), How to Add connection string in my web.config to do it. Help me ??? Thanks & Regards, You can put the two connection strings in the web.config file and use either in your code..***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Hi !!! Thanks for your support !!! Please give me the connec...

Web resources about - An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), (commonly referred to as the European Constitution or as the Constitutional Treaty ), ...

Establishing Shot: The 405 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Photo by Mrs. Newbie. Nearly 15,000 views! This is I-405 on the west side. This is Los Angeles, without a doubt. NOTE: I changed the rights to ...

Successfully Establishing and Representing DevOps in an Audit by James DeLuccia - YouTube
Presented at FlowCon San Francisco 2013 http://flowcon.org/flowcon-sanfran-2013/schedule/index.jsp Organizations and development teams are moving ...

Why NRL should revisit idea of establishing its own TV channel
WAY back in 1994, pay television was but a twinkling in Australia's eye. But ARL head honchos John Quayle and Ken Arthurson had an idea:

France releases case establishing chemical attack against Assad
A FRENCH intelligence report says forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad carried out a "massive" chemical attack last month, as the Syrian leader warned ...

Trade union royal commission: Federal Government establishing police taskforce to investigate corruption ...
... a police taskforce to investigate evidence of criminal conduct uncovered by the trade union royal commission. The Federal Government is establishing ...

Boko Haram says it's establishing Islamic Caliphate in Nigeria
Boko Haram, Nigeria's Islamic extremist rebel group, said it controls the northeastern city of Gwoza and has added it to an Islamic state that ...

Ontario leads way in establishing advisory group on physician-assisted dying
Ontario, with the participation of 11 provinces and territories, is establishing an "expert advisory group" to look at the issues of physician-assisted ...

China Praises Trudeau's Father For His 'Extraordinary Vision' In Establishing Relations
Xi Jinping told Canada's current prime minister that China will never forget Pierre Elliott Trudeau's decision to open diplomatic relations. ...

21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB
People's Daily Online 21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB People's Daily Online Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei (L front) ...