Adding a new field to a table with image field

Hi,

I have a concern about adding a new field to a table with image field - which is huge.

Will there be a problem with some databases, where they have a hard time locating data correctly after such a large field?

Previously this happened to me, and what was advised to put all the big fields at the end of the table.

Thanks.

0
eeyore21

I have not heard of such impact caused by the order of columns. When SQL search table to locate a row, it either uses table scan (when no index exists on the table) from the IAM page, or utilize indexes (clusetered/nonclustered) if there is any on the table. To learn more about table structuer, you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_da2_8sit.asp

I recommend you to read  <Programming a Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 Database> if you're interesting in this, which includes a topic "How SQL Server Retrieves Stored Data".

Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

How to save a picture in a SQL image field and how to show a picture from a SQL image field
HI! I am searching now a real long time in the forum and I found a lot of stuff to this topic. But please help me it doesn't work! On my webapplication there is a possibility to save a private picture.If a new user is saved in the database I want to save a fixed picture as startpicture.Dim picturePath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "img\anonymous.jpg" Please tell me the way how to save this anonymous.jpg from the picturePath into the database and after that how to display the picture. Thank you! .         ...

Adding new tables and fields to ASPNETDB and create new user wizard
I'm trying to add a new table and some fields like FirstName and LastName the the aspnetdb.mdb, so when my users register I can collect that information also. I have managed to create a 2nd table with UserID, firstname and lastname. I can get the unique userid to work in my new table but the firstname and lastname fields give me the error message below. I have modified the stored procedure aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to add in firstname and lastname. I have also created a view as with the other tables in the database. What am I missing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Than...

Adding new field to table
Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 and NT 4.0 with about 30 users on the network, when I add a new field to a table should I tell everyone to get off the network? Rick Charnes wrote: > > Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 and NT 4.0 with about 30 users on the network, > when I add a new field to a table should I tell everyone to get off the > network? They can be on the network, but they should probably log out of the database. If any user has a cursor open to the table you are attempting to alter, the database engine will raise an error message telling you that [name of logged in use...

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

How to define field attribute for a numeric field in SQL table?
I need create a field to store tax rate. I need only 2 decimal points. I defined the field as decimal, precision=5 and scale=2. Does it mean that it can hold value from 0.00 to 999.99? Actually, it should be able to hold from -999.99 through 999.99. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question True... here comes my really problem. My aspx form always does rounding for me while I update the table. If I enter 0.7 it will become 0 in the table. If I enter 2.7 it will become 3 in the table. What is the trick? You'll have to show us your code surrounding th...

multiple image fields in SQL table
Hi, I have a table in SQL that has the fields e_id, productName, image1, image2, image3, image4 It's possible that only image1 and image 3 for example contain images and the other images are empty. I have an application that allows users to add images. The problem is that i am not sure how to write an update statement that will know into what fields to add the images without deleting the exisiting images. Can anyone please help? Thanks In your case it would be a lot better to add another table, that has just 2 columns user_id and image. To get the number of images a u...

Adding new field into TT_User table
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help? I've added an extra field "Departments" into TT_User table and would like to be able to view the departments just like the roles column on Users Administration page. Can anyone, please tell me, which pages need to be changed in the Time Tracker project? 1. make change in add_user,update_user storeprosedure 2. use a text box or dropdown to enter department on user details form] 3. On click event of Save in UserDetails.aspx Write Usr.Department = Department.SelectedItem.Value similarly make required change on required ...

adding new field to "Field Definition File"
We have a whole web app that's been given to us to "make work", and unfortunately the reporting side never did in the first place. The original version of the reports are using a .ttx file, and the recordset is built dynamically.  I'm trying to add new field to the .ttx file, and while opening it in Dreamweaver, the new memo field is there.  If I do a "Verify Database" in Crystal XI, then the new memo field never shows up. Do I have to recreate this new .ttx file from scratch just to add one more field?  Hope not....... Thanks!...

How To -- Update Field In #Temp Table With Result From SQL Statement Inside Field
I have a stored procedure that creates a #Temp table.  In this #Temp table, I have a combination of fields with normal data (such as account number, title, etc) and I also have some fields that are "calculated" fields. The "calculated" fields are generated by making a call to our SQL Server Functions that produce and return the literal SQL needed to arrive at the calculated amounts.  So, when my stored procedure first runs, it populates the fields that have the function calls with literal SQL that, when executed, will produce the "calculated" amou...

Error in data when adding a new field to a Table
Hello all... Sybase 5.5 I have a problem when adding a field to a table, when the field is created the data seems to move to another field (only in some records). The table has 44 fields (varchar and numeric), no primary key but 5 foreign keys and 128,795 records. I have validated the database and it reports no errors, I had intented too to pass the data to a new structure and validate it, it reports no errors too. But when adding the field the data moves again. As extra information I can insert more rows in the database with no problem, and I can add columns to another tab...

adding a field to field explorer
hi i have created a report and now i want to add an another field(this field is not in field explorer,i should add it from table as we do when creating a report) to the report.is there any way that i can add a new field from the table to field explorer or shall i create a new report from starting again. thanks hi pranathiu can do it from ur "FieldExplorer" follow below stepsFieldExplorer > DatabaseFileds > Command > Rtclick > Database Expert > There u can find ur connection and Query so u can make changes there  Feel free to ask mePlease remember to cli...

Database triggers - SQL Server
I would like to ensure data integrity in a column (actually multiple columns will need a trigger) in my table(s) by setting up a trigger which allows an update of my database field only if the value which is being written to the field in the database exists in another column (in another "check" table).eg. I only want values "Yes", "No" or "" in many of my fields, which I store in a column named "YesNoBlank" in another table.Does anyone know the easy way to do this? / Syntax for the trigger? Why not use PK/FK instead of trigger? I ...

Adding new fields , Customize "status" and "resolution" fields
Hi: I have been browseing the documentation and the newsgroups and there impression i have is to use templates to customize the features of Bugzilla. However , I have yet to see a specific "how-to" on adding new values to the "status" field , or creating a new field alltogether in bugzilla , does anyone know if there is such a document/manual out their? Thanks, Dan. ...

Adding a new field into SQL 2005? Please help..
Greetings! How can I add a new field into a table that belongs to a database I have in SQL server 2005? The perfect situation will be to add this new field from Visual Studio 2005. Any ideas?   Thanks, EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful.  Not sure I understand your problem, you can add columns to any database using SQL Management Studio."Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side." Do you want to change the structure of your table from your Web application (what is the use case for thi...

Web resources about - Adding a new field to a table with image field - asp.net.sql-datasource

File:Old adding machine.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Ultraviolet Continues To Press Case For Adding Women To Facebook’s Board
Women’s group Ultraviolet continued to press its case for Facebook to add women to its board of directors , releasing a new video stating its ...

WOW: Facebook Adding Half a Million New Users Every Day
It’s no secret that Facebook is humongous: 300 million users humongous . Yet it still shocks us that it keeps on finding new users to fuel its ...

Adding Social Context to your content
Using the Facebook Social Context API. The Social Context API lets you discover social connections about objects, people and places.

Facebook adding trending, games modules to iPad app
Facebook is adding a few things to the sidebar of its iPad app in the U.S. The trending news feature, currently on desktop , will be added to ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the ...
Get Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube
http://www.RightFace.us In a purely ironic twist then Senator Obama calls President Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt. bush added ...

Think twice before adding 'mermaid tails' to Christmas list, commissioner warns
Parents have been warned about the potential dangers of giving their children a &quot;mermaid tail&quot; as a Christmas present.