Access to fields in a table

I am trying to access the fields in a table using Visual Basic in Web Developer .NET
0
abnew

Start with the link below and click on SelectCommand, InsertCommand, DeleteCommand and UpdateCommand to get tbe basic of manipulating data in the database through ADO.NET.  Hope this helps.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqldataadapter.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Create access table using sql table field
 hi friends , i need create mdb file with table and data , the data will come from sql server 2005 table , for example i have table employee table contain some fields like name mobile number and others ,, now i  need to create access mdb file with table and data , data is mobile numbers of employee(just only one field) ,  i m using ASP.net C# 2.0, plz help me yarTHANKS FOR ADVANCE     Hello Raghavendra,                          &nbs...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

Access to a field from my Access DataSource in my DetailsView
I am creating an Audit Trail of changes made to my table using a DetailsView RowUpadated event. This field,  CustomerName, in the table is not being updated so I can not grab the data from my  DictionaryEntry  old or new values statements as I am doing for my audit trail. However, it is in my select statement for the DetailsView from my AccessDataSource. I can’t seem to find a reference where I can get the value of a field from my AccessDataSource. How can I reference it ?  Thx.           <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" ...

Linking SQL Server Tables to Access Tables
Hi,  I would like to link a table in SQL Server to a table in access, because I would like to compare data. But would like to do it through a Stored Procedure.   I would like to do something in this line : If Field1 in SQL Table = Field1 in Access Table then Field2 in SQL Table must = Field2 in Access Table Hope this makes sense. But I have NO idea how to do this ? Can anyone assist ? Thank you ok Ive done this :  Dim connString_MI As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("RMCS.ConnectionString") Dim myConnection_MI As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConn...

Can ADO.Net query/update a MS Access database that contains table and fields that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names?????
I've recently been assigned an asp.net/MS Access project. My code works fine; however, there are table and fields in the Access database that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names. For example there is a table named "Purchase Orders" and in this table there are a few column fields with names such as "PO#" and “Customer PO#". My question: Is there some sort of wrapping method that I need to implement to allow my ADO.net objects (particularly the "OleDbDataAdapter" and the "DataRow") to accept these naming...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

How to define field attribute for a numeric field in SQL table?
I need create a field to store tax rate. I need only 2 decimal points. I defined the field as decimal, precision=5 and scale=2. Does it mean that it can hold value from 0.00 to 999.99? Actually, it should be able to hold from -999.99 through 999.99. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question True... here comes my really problem. My aspx form always does rounding for me while I update the table. If I enter 0.7 it will become 0 in the table. If I enter 2.7 it will become 3 in the table. What is the trick? You'll have to show us your code surrounding th...

ADO.NET table fields pass to a VB.NET variable
Hi, please help, have a ADO.NET code. 1 Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection 2 Dim sql As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand 3 4 conn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=dbsystematics;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=SARS;Data Source=4G") 5 conn.Open() 6 sql = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("select * from users", conn)   Then i would like to pass the values that the above ADO.NET to a variable.how?please help. JFRBPH12™ You can execute the ...

How To -- Update Field In #Temp Table With Result From SQL Statement Inside Field
I have a stored procedure that creates a #Temp table.  In this #Temp table, I have a combination of fields with normal data (such as account number, title, etc) and I also have some fields that are "calculated" fields. The "calculated" fields are generated by making a call to our SQL Server Functions that produce and return the literal SQL needed to arrive at the calculated amounts.  So, when my stored procedure first runs, it populates the fields that have the function calls with literal SQL that, when executed, will produce the "calculated" amou...

accessing a field from a table?
id limit engine_size ncb tpo tpft comp 0 2000 1800 1 337 369 386 1 2000 1800 2 263 281 300 2 2000 1800 3 225 241 258 3 2000 1800 4 207 223 242 4 2000 1800 5 190 195 215 5 2000 2200 1 391 420 448 6 2000 2200 2 304 327 348 7 2000 2200 3 261 280 299 8 2000 2200 4 240 256 274 9 2000 2200 5 209 223 226 10 2000 3500 1 505 541 577 11 2000 3500 2 392 420 449 12 2000 3500 3 337 361 385 13 2000 3500 4 309 330 352 14 2000 3500 5 270 288 308 15 2000 35...

accessing a table fields
Dear all, I have a seperate table and i want to show the fields of another table in this new table. Is there any hint to do it. thanks ...

Problem importing data from an Access memo field into a SQL Server ntext field.
I'm using DTS to import data from an Access memo field into a SQL Server ntext field.  DTS is only importing the first 255 characters of the memo field and truncating the rest.I'd appreciate any insights into what may be causing this problem, and what I can do about it.Thanks in advance for any help! 255 is the default change the settings to accept more than 255, Access memo must be either image to store the file in Word or Text both can grow to 2gigs because Varchar 8000, Char 8000, NVarchar 4000 and NChar 4000 maybe too small for Access memo column.  Hope this helps.Kind regard...

Database triggers - SQL Server
I would like to ensure data integrity in a column (actually multiple columns will need a trigger) in my table(s) by setting up a trigger which allows an update of my database field only if the value which is being written to the field in the database exists in another column (in another "check" table).eg. I only want values "Yes", "No" or "" in many of my fields, which I store in a column named "YesNoBlank" in another table.Does anyone know the easy way to do this? / Syntax for the trigger? Why not use PK/FK instead of trigger? I ...

Users unable to delete records when accessing SQL 2005 tables via MS Access 2007
The background: we have a number of databases in SQL 2005, which our primary users access via MS Access 2007. For some reason, in some (but not all) newer tables in these databases, our users are unable to modify or delete records, even though the users have all the permissions they should need to do so. In one case, the user will get a message that someone else is accessing the same data at the time, even though nobody is. Another user gets no error message, her machine just beeps at her and does nothing. We're completely stuck - does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causi...

Inserted records missing in sql table yet tables' primary key field has been incremented.
I have a sql sever 2005 express table with an automatically incremented primary key field. I use a Detailsview to insert new records and on the Detailsview itemInserted event, i send out automated notification emails. I then received two automated emails(indicating two records have been inserted) but looking at the database, the records are not there. Whats confusing me is that even the tables primary key field had been incremented by two, an indication that indeed the two records should actually be in table.  Recovering these records is not abig deal because i can re-enter them but ia...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Do the fields in a Table Adapter have to exactly match the fields of the Data Table?
When I add a new Table Adapter to a Data Table I get the following error: The new command text returns data with schema different from the schema of the main query....  I'm using less fields than the Table Adapter used so I'm guessing that is bad and I should just create a new Data Table for my needs. Is that true?   Thanks.  ...

linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field
is it possible to create hyperlinks in powerbuilder such that if you retrieve two fields from a database.. and want to display the first field on the screen and have it link to the value of the other field (when clicked) which is actually a URL address, you can? any help will be appreciated. thank you! ...

Import Access tables into SQL
Still really new at all this, but learning lots thanks to this forum. I was wondering - is there a way to import Access tables into my SQL Server 2005 ? (The Data and the Table Design?)     **********************Newbie 4-Eva Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management studio. select your database or create a new database. in database explorer right click on database , select all tasks , and there select import data there you will be asked source database select access file. and get import it   krishna Thanks for your reply. I right click, but I don't get a...

Cannot Access SQL Server Table
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C94274.EC855390 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi All, I have created a test webforms app that makes a connection to SQL server and populates a dw. The application workes in win32 pb and winforms but when I use the webforms target I get an error when it tries to connect to the database using either ODBC or OLE DB the message indicates that the timeout expired. I am using Powerbuilder 11.5 build 3050 run...

.Net and Access with Hyperlinked Fields
Can somebody help me ? I have an Access DB in this DB I have a few fields that are hyperlink in the DB When I set up a ASP.net page the links are not hyperlinked. this is what my script looks like <%@ Page Explicit="True" Language="VB" Debug="True" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <html> <script runat="server"> Sub Search_Click(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim Connect As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection D...

Adding field to Access table?
This may sound like a dumb question and I apologize ahead of time. I found the access database 'DotNetNuke.mdb.resources' which is where the data is being stored. I added a field to one of the tables, specifically the 'DotNetNuke_Banners' table. Basically, I've added a description field that I want to appear with the banner ads. I've also updated all the queries in the database which reference this table. Now, the dumb question: I cannot find where to add this field in the site? In the old IBuy Spy portal you had the xxxDB.vb files in the components directory where you would updat...

Displaying fields from a SQL table
I am really new at both ASP.NET and VB so please be kind. I also am not sure I am posting to the appropriate forum. I need to input a value on a web page and then find out if the record exists in the SQL database table or not. If the record exists, I need to format a display page with information from the record. If the record does not exist, I need to display a form that can be filled in to insert a new record in the table. I know this is probably simple, but all I can find information on is using datagrids and datagrids will not work (boss does not like). I need to create a form ...

Direct access to the fields in a table
I want to access the fields in a table directly.  How can this be done? Is the table asp:Table or html table?  Post relevant code. The tables would be in ASP. I was hoping for a simple example to get me going.  I have never done it before and the training sites have so much information before getting to the point. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Can you please explain about your scenario?  What kind of table and controls you want, is the values will be data driven, and when and what kind of information do you want to retrieve?  If you give that, the...

Web resources about - Access to fields in a table - asp.net.sql-datasource

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Australia ranked on children's access to justice
Australia has performed well on a new global ranking of children's access to justice.

U.S. judge orders Apple to help FBI access data on San Bernardino gunman’s iPhone 5c
... if it feels that doing so would be “unreasonably burdensome.” In the filing, the court presents several methods that could be taken to access ...

Judge orders Apple to access iPhone belonging to San Bernadino shooter
NBCNews.com Judge orders Apple to access iPhone belonging to San Bernadino shooter [u] Apple Insider A U.S. magistrate judge on Tuesday ordered ...

Congress passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
Congress has voted to make permanent a federal law that prevents states or localities from taxing Internet access. The US Senate accepted the ...

Child-porn suspect seeks Internet access
... Public Schools employee who's accused of possessing online child pornography asked a judge Friday to permit him to have Internet access to look ...

Traveling shouldn’t mean losing access to your favorite movies
Take your laptop overseas with you and you’ll likely find, as you crack it open to catch up with the TV show you’ve been binging on, that location ...

East Harlem Students Don't Have Enough Access to Computers, State Pol Says
... 10 children in nearly half the schools in the district.&nbsp; EAST HARLEM — Most public school students in El Barrio don’t have enough access ...

CBS All Access Streaming Service Bungles The Grammy Awards -
... decided to promote its $6 a month streaming video service over the long weekend by offering users who sign up for a trial of the service access ...

A lot of people watched the Grammys on CBS All Access
Last night's Grammy awards not only saw Taylor Swift verbally subtweet Kanye West during her acceptance speech for Album of the Year, but also ...